Forum › I decided, that is love discussion

joined Jan 22, 2015

What happen to the fluff we had going earlier today?

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Damn, Marisa, way to clam jam yourself.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Wow. This is some "Sakana no Miru Yume"-level of bullshit on your part, Marisa.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

FOOL!

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Definitely angst....what a waste

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Marisa is playing 4D Chess here. This gambit will end up improving their relationship to new heights.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Ugh! Wtf why ... I know I was warned but I didn't know it was gonna be carried out so poorly.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Daaamn it, there goes my happy ending streak...

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Well, how stupid! There goes my happy ending.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

You played yourself, Marisa

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I think I'm messing this up cause I keep thinking the situation isn't that hard to fix which I think goes against the first law of Aaaaaaaaaaangst. "Quality" angst probably shouldn't give me this much wiggle room. I probably missed something too. I like it apart from that.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Day ruined THX

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

Way to be an asshole Marissa!!... Reimu doesn't need that drama, and besides she has Yukari!!... And Sanae, and Remilia, and Sakuya, and Suika, and... :P

joined May 27, 2017

There goes Reimu's (and my) happy ending

R.I.P. Reimu's Heart

Untitled-1
joined Jun 11, 2013

I forgot the angst tag ....

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

A bit confused by what Marisa's planning here, but, hey, you do you.

Also, I think this thing perfectly exemplifies why Reimu's whole youkai-killing thing is so weird. I mean, she just killed a (presumably) innocent dude just 'cause he wanted to turn himself into a youkai. She's also friends with youkai to boot... I've only played a few Touhou games, but I don't think she actually killed anyone in any of those games. Maybe she just targets youkai who try to harm humans, but, I dunno, it just seems a bit weird to me.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I decided, that is bullshit.

Kagura Murasame
4924283a57c9ca059fe84da059e42c1d
joined Sep 1, 2016

Wtf, I didn't really understand why she told Reimu that. That was kinda hurt Marisa... How rude of her. :\

joined Nov 2, 2016

Love Magic = Curse Magic

"What do I have that Reimu doesn't have?"
"I decided to use love magic"

From the start Marisa was obsessed with Reimu. Reimu was the bar for which Marisa obsessively yearned to surpass. Unfortunately Reimu paid her no mind. Marisa cast love magic to grab Reimu's attention.

"In your case I don't have to worry, right, Marisa?"

Time passes. Reimu ended up developing feelings for Marisa. This could be due to either Reimu not having to worry about Marisa becoming a something non-human and having to kill her (thus allowing herself to become closer to Marisa) or the love magic Marisa cast.

"Surely, Reimu won't ever love again."
"An unrequited love my whole life."

Marisa's rejection Reimu's feelings of love can be considered a curse in a way. She stole Reimu's love. The toll was, of course, an unrequited love on her own part.

"She won't come to like me, either."
"I don't need even the slightest whimsical affection."
"And someday I will defeat her."

In the end, Reimu is much more conscious of Marisa and the two of them are tied by their emotions toward each other. With Reimu's feelings out of the way there is nothing stopping Marisa on her unbending path to surpassing Reimu.

I decided, that is (very twisted) love.

last edited at Jul 25, 2017 10:00PM

Screenshot_417
joined Sep 19, 2016

"It's unforgiveable for humans to become youkai."

Even though he had no intentions of hurting anyone and out of the youkai you fought that posed a threat to villagers you still straight up murdered him.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

"It's unforgiveable for humans to become youkai"
Uh...Then, what about Alice? Byakuren?
Sometimes it just feels like ZUN pulls thing out of his part-where-the-sun-dont-shine...

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Sometimes it just feels like ZUN pulls thing out of his part-where-the-sun-dont-shine...

It's limited to the humans in the Human Village, for anyone else it's fair game. It was the most dickish thing Reimu's ever done tho.

Also, Marisa? You're an idiot.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Minutoh posted:
A bit confused by what Marisa's planning here, but, hey, you do you.

Also, I think this thing perfectly exemplifies why Reimu's whole youkai-killing thing is so weird. I mean, she just killed a (presumably) innocent dude just 'cause he wanted to turn himself into a youkai. She's also friends with youkai to boot... I've only played a few Touhou games, but I don't think she actually killed anyone in any of those games. Maybe she just targets youkai who try to harm humans, but, I dunno, it just seems a bit weird to me.

It's because (through my eyes at least) she doesn't protect the humans, but Gensokyo itself.

HitsujiMary posted:

Well, as drpepperfan said, it's perfectly possible that it's limited to humans of the Human Village, that considering that other humans are "irregulars" and thus, unaffected by that "rule"... From here onward is just me guessing, but there's also the option that only humans who intentionally become Youkai are "Jinyou", and if I remember correctly, in Alice and Byakuren case, because of the strong magical power they... transcended humanity (I don't even know if we can call them Youkai with just it...) without really desiring that (but then again, I can be terribly wrong here), and then, can not be categorized as Jinyou...
Well, there's a few other explanations I could make up, and some of them could actually make sense (but I'll spare you of more reading, and myself of more typing), so just assuming that something is wrong is not really right... (but, again, I could just be wrong here and you right for pointing the wrongness)

last edited at Jul 27, 2017 3:35AM

__ezo_red_fox_and_grey_wolf_kemono_friends_drawn_by_tilt_shift__efd1bc949790b336ef144bde3f8dff58
joined Nov 17, 2016

Facking amazing

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Ouch, that hurt. I mean the story isn't bad, but man that ending.

To reply you must either login or sign up.