Forum › How come this website is free? (conspiracy)

joined Jul 14, 2015

I mean there's no ads what so ever. How do this website pays itself? From the scanlations? From a donor? Or is it from selling our informations?

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

It must be some kind of NHK conspiracy. They're making us NEETs by keeping us home all day, reading adorable yuri!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Doesn't it get sponsored by the baker industry? I see a lot of bread ads being posted all over the forum, at least.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

^ Best comment

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Doesn't it get sponsored by the baker industry? I see a lot of bread ads being posted all over the forum, at least.

I ADMIT NOTHING!

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

It's too late, Nez...

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

As long as it's not kitchens...

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

So bread is ok but Kitchens are bad?

WHAT KIND OF FAVORITISM IS THIS!?

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

So bread is ok but Kitchens are bad?

WHAT KIND OF FAVORITISM IS THIS!?

It's in the rules

Spammers will be shot. Kitchen reno spammers will be shot twice.

Probably some sort of a kitchen reno advertiser conspiracy.

last edited at Jul 22, 2017 1:00PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's too late, Nez...

http://i.imgur.com/nCqfcQW.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/nCqfcQW.jpg

Stop doxxing me.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It's too late, Nez...

http://i.imgur.com/nCqfcQW.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/nCqfcQW.jpg

Stop doxxing me.

If I may quote another forum-goer, "You cannot doxx bread."

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Always thought this site earned a dollar for each transgender related conflict and Ulq / Rohan ban, hence its wealth.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Jokey jokes aside: my guess is the site simply runs on a very dedicated skeleton crew. There don't seem to be many administrators, the site's code hasn't changed for a very long time (at least on the front end), and site traffic seems limited enough to be handled by a lean staff.

Nezchan is perfectly visible, there's one. DrPepperFan's there too, for two. I was once referred to another administrator for a technical issue, that's three. I have no indication the staff list extends much further than that, if at all.

As for hosting and server costs, I assume the owner simply has (relatively) deep pockets.

Again, that's all guessing and speculation on my part.

last edited at Jul 22, 2017 3:40PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Always thought this site earned a dollar for each transgender related conflict and Ulq / Rohan ban, hence its wealth.

Are Ulquiorra and Rohan the same person?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

themusicman500 posted:

Yes, he made new account after his first one was banned making his ban kinda pointless. And he wasn't even trying to hid the fact he made new account.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

A5PECT posted:

Nezchan is perfectly visible, there's one. DrPepperFan's there too, for two. I was once referred to another administrator for a technical issue, that's three. I have no indication the staff list extends much further than that, if at all.

There's at least one more moderator who doesn't seem to be nearly as active as Nezchan (I want to say it's one of the Lililicious staff iirc) and there's a few more admins as well. Dpf, Casusby and Omnisc1ent or something close to that are the ones I can think of.

As for hosting and server costs, I assume the owner simply has (relatively) deep pockets.

From what I recall reading awhile back the site's hosting is provided for free by someone who could spare it. I want to say I recall something about the person providing it dealing in hosting themselves or something like that bt I may be mistaken on that bit.

last edited at Jul 22, 2017 7:15PM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

From what I recall reading awhile back the site's hosting is provided for free by someone who could spare it. I want to say I recall something about the person providing it dealing in hosting themselves or something like that bt I may be mistaken on that bit.

Years ago, I used to work at an ISP. One of the company perks for the admin staff was that they could bring in their own equipment and hook it up to the in-house network. We had a lot of guys running servers of various stripes (e.g. Quake servers) from their work desk. The connection to the Internet didn't cost them a dime.

So maybe whoever runs the Dynasty server works for an ISP or some other high-tech company with a fat pipe to the Internet.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

There's at least one more moderator who doesn't seem to be nearly as active as Nezchan (I want to say it's one of the Lililicious staff iirc) and there's a few more admins as well. Dpf, Casusby and Omnisc1ent or something close to that are the ones I can think of.

I didn't count any of the scanlators. It seems like they're given administrative privileges to manage all of their uploads, but don't work for the site in the same way the staff does.

last edited at Jul 22, 2017 7:37PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

As best as I know, Casusby is the highest decision-maker, omnscient0 is tasked with running the technical aspects of the site, dpf uploads and occasionally regulates the Forum, Nez moderates the Forum, and the hosting space for the site is provided, for free, by GOD, as he goes by in IRC.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

themusicman500 posted:

Yes, he made new account after his first one was banned making his ban kinda pointless. And he wasn't even trying to hid the fact he made new account.

Cuz i knew Nez chan is the best mod.

And that she will forgive me :)

She is the best (no joking or sarcasm)

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Le Gasp!

You traitor! I told you to keep this a secret! Ban is only true way to keep this site going!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

As best as I know, Casusby is the highest decision-maker, omnscient0 is tasked with running the technical aspects of the site, dpf uploads and occasionally regulates the Forum, Nez moderates the Forum, and the hosting space for the site is provided, for free, by GOD, as he goes by in IRC.

Et tu, Georgium?

joined Sep 6, 2015

Et tu, Georgium?

Oh, right... sorry... khm, Pekoe also uploads.

:(

last edited at Jul 22, 2017 8:32PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

A5PECT posted:

I didn't count any of the scanlators. It seems like they're given administrative privileges to manage all of their uploads, but don't work for the site in the same way the staff does.

When I say it's one of the Lililicious staff I don't mean that they're an uploader. (If you counted uploaders there's at least a dozen or so who immediately come to mind for me.) They're someone marked as a moderator on the site just like Nezchan and they just happen to incidentally be a member of Lililicious as well.

joined Sep 6, 2015

They also seem to be inactive for years, if memory serves.

To reply you must either login or sign up.