Forum › New Game discussion

joined Mar 22, 2017
36065563-min
joined Jul 11, 2017

This is by far a most interesting read. Thank God for this being 2 seasons of anime. GO ANIME ADAPTATIONS!!

Maxresdefault
joined Dec 26, 2016

Idk much about programming, but nene making her first game a multiplayer with controller support without prior knowledge to programing kinda amazing isn't it? At least it was more than the early access standard.

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

Well as much as I don't like it from a pro perspective, if she is using unity 3D like in the anime the engine really do a lot of it for you.
I don't want to say it's easy and disregard nene's hard work but it's a lot easier than making Ir from scratch and is a very great tool for beginners having their first try at game making . It has great community and tuto too.
Now if only big pro company weren't using it because the performance is horrendous (manage to make a card game lag on high end computer..) and cause a lot of annoying bugs...

Tcjxw67k
joined Oct 28, 2014

Idk much about programming, but nene making her first game a multiplayer with controller support without prior knowledge to programing kinda amazing isn't it? At least it was more than the early access standard.

It looks like local multiplayer, so it's not as difficult as network multiplayer. There'll usually be tools that do most of the hard work of talking to the specific controllers for you, so you "just" need to map particular controllers (and their buttons) to the respective actions of each player character. It's a lot like if the game was using "W/A/S/D/L Ctrl" for player 1 and "up/left/down/right/NumPad 0" for player 2 in that sense.

It's still quite impressive to me that she has done all this in 6 months without using a game engine, using a language like C++, and while attending college for an unrelated course, though.

joined Jan 12, 2014

But Nene was proud of making her game from scratch and not using any engine:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/new_game_ch42#3

Making it multiplayer with controller support really makes her amazing. Plus some sort of AI and collision detection.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hotaru and her magnificently lame puns o3ob

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Finally, I'm glad everything worked out !
NOW SHOW IT TO UMIKOOOOO

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

She said she didn't use an engine, but that doesn't mean she didn't use tutorials or look at other code when putting her program together.

Now, she just needs to make an FPS game because that's the doorway to Umiko's heart.

joined Jun 7, 2017

She said she didn't use an engine, but that doesn't mean she didn't use tutorials or look at other code when putting her program together.

Now, she just needs to make an FPS game because that's the doorway to Umiko's heart.

Half Life 3 release using NeneEngine comfirmed?

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Ch 48: Get a load of these nerds

joined Jan 6, 2017

Now I want a (romance) manga/anime with high school Yun and Hajime.

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

We had aoba's and nene's high school spinoff , now hajime's and yun's please !!

joined Mar 22, 2017

I hope next spin-off about character past is Hifumi or Kou-Rin. Really wanted it to be Kou one though she have pretty dark past.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I hope next spin-off about character past is Hifumi or Kou-Rin. Really wanted it to be Kou one though she have pretty dark past.

I think it was because of the whole dark past that the author decided to focus on Aoba for the prequel spin-off volume in the first place.

joined Feb 23, 2016

That was nice to know :) i'm liking this series moree~

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This pair is adorable but because of their personalities is hard to make progress in the yuri way

joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF Hajime comes across as someone who'd be absolutely terrible at any kind of subterfuge. Akki likely wasn't the only one who considerately feigned ignorance...
Also, "never seemed interested in that type of stuff"? That's a classic transparent closet is transparent line innit?

...poor highschool Yun needs a hug though. (Even if she'd go all tsun over it.) ;_;

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

This pair is adorable but because of their personalities is hard to make progress in the yuri way

I feel like either one of just has to ask the other out and then the other will be like "yeah sure."

I love this pair a lot. ❤️❤️

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

I'm so happy Tokunou developed Hajime and Yun more since although they're a part of the main 4 group even like Ahagon had more screentime and development than them.
God I'm also really jealous of Hajime too, the last time I cut my hair short I came out looking like an emo scene boy with a mullet

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm so happy Tokunou developed Hajime and Yun more since although they're a part of the main 4 group even like Ahagon had more screentime and development than them.
God I'm also really jealous of Hajime too, the last time I cut my hair short I came out looking like an emo scene boy with a mullet

Agreed. Cutting your hair is incredibly difficult, impressed with Hajime.

Shinachii-profile_image-40dc6c791a936960-300x300
joined Jul 20, 2017

I love chapter 46
At this rate, kou and rin really have to become a thing!

Hell, even hifumi and the others know it.

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 10:23AM

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

Wow, what an unexpectedly hype chapter. Barely a year into her job and Aoba is already competing with her role model for the key visual design. Like Kou, she is the quintessential star rookie, a future pillar for an organization. That being said, Aoba has the fortune to have Kou to be a sort of mentor for her. Their dynamic is very interesting. It's certainly a teacher-student relationship, but at the same time both want their work to respresent their best ideas, which can come into conflict with each other.

It's sad that the higher-ups want Kou to be given the credit, but it makes sense from a business perspective. A new IP is always a risky investment, and you want recognized names to be the face of the new product to ensure its success. I hope like during the design contest, a compromise will somehow be found where both Kou and Aoba names will be featured.

Impressed with New Game. Really started off as the typical moe, yuri-bait, all-girl series with a game dev skin, but ended up developing some interesting workplace drama. I'm not expecting Shirobako, but I'm glad the series is showing some depth in a genre that rarely has any.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Yay, welcome to company policy bullshit...

joined Jul 22, 2014

Bloody shit, do people really care about who design the visual apart from the director I guess?
I never really remember who design games apart from famous names. Bleh.

To reply you must either login or sign up.