Forum › Posts by Shinime

Shinime
joined Jan 12, 2014

Have you read or watched Akagi? It's also a manga/anime about mahjong but focused on the "underground side" (money, betting, yakuza, debts, etc).

I think what is implied is that someone is recruiting mahjong players (willing or not) to play some shady tournament. And Shino's mom is one of those players forced to participate.

Now, for the mystic side of Saki/Shinohayu I think it's more akin superstition. Like in any game involving "luck", there are patterns or beliefs that people think can make they win. Being a fantasy manga gives freedom to the authors to imagine and illustrate the "powers" of the characters. Although Risa (Saki's buchou) is more realistic as she focus on the psychological side of the things (reading opponents and playing mind games).

Shinime
New Game discussion 25 Sep 13:17
joined Jan 12, 2014

Rin is REALLY a jerk

I hope she doesn't works at Ubi soft because she will learn NOTHING from making assasin's creed games over and over

Rin? Don't you mean Kou?

Assassin's Creed games are made in Canada.
I could imagine Kou working in a game like "Child of Light" but that was also made in Canada.

Why France tho ? We are not very known for our great games now that infogram is past and Ubisoft is mostly in Montreal .

We have arkanes studio but it’s not really kou’s line of works. Unless she want to character design the next dishonored to have a really different experience than the jrpgs

That was the big question. Why France?
Speaking of Art, sure, like Hotaru going there to study Art. But Video Games? Infogrames is past and most Ubi Games are made in Canada. Maybe a new Rayman?

last edited at Sep 25, 2017 1:20PM

Shinime
New Game discussion 16 Jul 10:46
joined Jan 12, 2014

But Nene was proud of making her game from scratch and not using any engine:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/new_game_ch42#3

Making it multiplayer with controller support really makes her amazing. Plus some sort of AI and collision detection.

Shinime
Baggata Way discussion 27 Dec 11:36
joined Jan 12, 2014

Hm... so did the group changed? Here the last three chapters are credited to Artificial Demons.

Translation is mostly ok, but some names are messed... In chapter 21 (page 21) they presented her name as Ryugamizu Mika and in chapters 22 and 23 they presented her name as Tatsumizu... when in the truth her name is Ryugamizu Reika (as the same Reika-senpai everyone cheers in chapter 22 page 09).

On chapter 23 page 11 the name is Keisen instead of Katsuragawa.

Plus Sora-Kun sounds very odd (chapter 22 pages 14 and 16) as kun is a honorific used mostly for males. In the original Anise uses no honorifics towards Sora.

Generally I don't complain about translations because I know the work and effort put into it but these errors in particular are triggering me as it makes no sense. >.<

Shinime
Baggata Way discussion 26 Dec 10:04
joined Jan 12, 2014

I'm glad that some group picked this series but ... "Tatsumizu" made me cringe. Her name is Ryugamizu and they got it right on chapter 21. Why they got it wrong in these last chapters:? O.o

Shinime
joined Jan 12, 2014

^
At least half of the stickers in the set do show somewhat creepy expressions. I can't find it in the store, but the set is called "Original fuyuri stickers". Maybe they got taken down, like those pirated touhou stickers.

It's there yet. Searching for "original fuyuri" returns one result. I didn't find anything creepy about it but there is a male among them! xD

Not confirmed! in that one she ran away because Kouhai was about to lift her skirt, then she bumped into the guy (she seems to take hold of him to not fall or preparing herself to be caught or something).

The denial is strong with this one!

I just imagine he is a relative or anything like that.

joined Jan 12, 2014

It`s back! Yay!

But...

Who is Takeo? O.o

Shinime
Anime season 04 Jul 21:22
joined Jan 12, 2014

New Game is out!

Drawings are colorful and clean (and cute), faithful to the manga.
I think voices matches the characters, except for Rin - her voice is too soft/cute, I imagined a more mature voice for the most "adult" of the cast.

But the still image after the OP.... ;_;

Shinime
Saki discussion 08 Jun 10:14
joined Jan 12, 2014

I wonder if the fanservice is intentional or just there was no time to draw clothes/underwear and the author came to this "solution"! xD

Shinime
Water Depth discussion 01 Jun 20:39
joined Jan 12, 2014

I got the impression Fuyo suffers from amnesia?

Amnesia? I don't think so.. What makes you say that? I think she just has a quirky personality

Fuyo has autism. And that is a big problem in a group oriented society, as her logic is not the same as "normal people" logic. Her parents try to "fix" her so that she can fit in the society, but she loses part of what makes herself in the process.

Even after reading this n+1 times I'm still a bit confused. I guess the point of this is, that we should let kids be themselves and there will always be someone who loves them. Dunno. Also thought about if Fuyo is just eccentric, or does she have some kind of mental problem. This was one confusing manga o_o

Fuyo has a mental problem, autism, that sometimes is characterized by repetitive behavior, difficulty on grasping abstract concepts like feelings, trouble in reaching to conclusions by logic, etc... and is often described as living in a world of your own.

"...and go off to that other world."
"Do you remember the first time you ever made a rolled omelette?"

These are the hints in the story. The repetitive questions, lack of logic in some situations...

I think knowing about autism is fundamental to understand this story.
At a first glance, the story appears a little disjointed as Transbikes pointed.
We, "normal people" readers, try to see a logic in the whole and make a meaning of everything, while the author paints a world from the perspective of the characters, the mind of a autistic girl and the heart of a girl in love.

"I pushed you away..."
"because I loved you."
"I'm sorry..."

This page is where their worlds converge. Love sometimes is confusing, sometimes makes no sense, sometimes follow no logic. Trying to be hated by the one you love, denying your true feelings... The heart of the girl in love is not so much different of the mind of the autistic girl. Not guided by reason or logic, but sentiment and feelings.

But by making it clear, in a way Fuyo can understand, Kei can finally reach her.

"If you start doing things like that, people will think you're crazy."
"You're so hard to understand."

In my opinion this manga is brilliant, a true piece of Art. Everything has a meaning, including the drawing style (why the faces/people appear a little blurred in contrast to the detailed objects as a way to illustrate the point of view of a autistic). Dissertation worthy.

And kudos to the translators, for not losing anything in the translation. I know it's very difficult to translate works where every word is important to the story.

Shinime
Saki discussion 29 Mar 15:42
joined Jan 12, 2014

I'm glad that Nodoka's mom also thinks her dad is an idiot. Does he correspond with Maki's dad from Love Live! to get parenting tips?

They are an example of the self-righteous, dumb-prideful, possessive want-everything-my-way stereotype that unfortunately really exists in Japan and are driving the country to the toilet. They use their perceived "power" to try to impose their will on others instead of using some common sense, have low EQ and sometimes low IQ also. /rant

And poor Ritz-sensei. While Shinohayu will continue later next month the one she draws herself is already to be released. No wonder this --> http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch156#3 as a result. No time to finish the drawings... maybe the editor is also someone like Nodoka's dad? xD

Shinime
joined Jan 12, 2014

One month wait till next chapter. ;_;

Next one looks like the "main" match (Shino/Aina) tough I'm hoping some good surprise on the last match also. Just wanna see what Kyouka is capable of and wanna see her "motherly" figure protecting everyone.

joined Jan 12, 2014

10 hours now, it's very good. Really enjoying the story.

But the damn game still lags. -_- No fix for it yet, and I'm not the only one having issues, either.

Right now it's a cycle of play for 15 minutes, lag, close game, reboot, repeat.

Same for me. But I gave up for now, as restarting every 15 minutes gets annoying.
Gotta wait a patch. =/

Shinime
joined Jan 12, 2014

This was... perfect!
Beautiful drawing, good flow and staying true to the characters personalities.

But the TL notes made me cringe a little. There's really no better word than "cockblocker" to describe this situation? xD

joined Jan 12, 2014

I loved this story too and agree, mature Nico is the best. Sometimes you gotta be the senpai and not just the loli tsundere. xD
From what I get Nico put the ring on her as a surprise.

But I have a question for someone who might know: does a ring on the pinkies have some special meaning for yuri couples? I think I saw this on a couple of yuri mangas...

Well a ring as a gift will always have special meaning if it comes from the person you love and I think Nico gave Maki a ring because she want to give something that would show how much she love her and a ring is the perfect gift for that :) and yep in the Girlfriends manga Akko gave Mari pinky ring too as a christmas present

Yes, it was in Girlfriends. And also in Akiko Morishima's "We're Aiming for Love Now" where the ring on the pinky is very noticeable. And maybe in others I don't remember now.

There's also the side that if they're trying to keep their relationship secret, in this case due to both gay and idol, putting it on the ring finger would be WAY too blatant. A pinky ring would be looked at by others as a simple fashion choice, while to each other and those they choose to tell, it would be much more significant.

Yeah, that makes sense. But I was just curious if it had some hidden meaning, as it was not the first time I saw it. ^^'
Plus in Japan the pinky finger is used to represent a girl, so maybe my brain was just trying to connect inexistent dots. xD

joined Jan 12, 2014

And, KARUHA MA FAVEEEEE
A really sweet story, and i loved how cute Maki was!!! And Nico seemed so mature, dats how i liek it.Once in a while :D
But something i didn't get, was the end - why did Maki had that ring? Did Nico put it on her?

I loved this story too and agree, mature Nico is the best. Sometimes you gotta be the senpai and not just the loli tsundere. xD
From what I get Nico put the ring on her as a surprise.

But I have a question for someone who might know: does a ring on the pinkies have some special meaning for yuri couples? I think I saw this on a couple of yuri mangas...

Shinime
joined Jan 12, 2014

That was surprising! O_O
Not a threesome like I was imagining... well... not the way I was imagining. xD

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 9:40AM

Shinime
joined Jan 12, 2014

Heard the ending was rushed because the story was axed. I guess people got tired of a straight woman playing a lesbian in order to get stuff out of it. I would have felt better if they didn't constantly have yurika fawn all over the guys in the series

I didn`t feel the ending was rushed, rather the "battle formula" got old and it was pointless to keep creating more "enemies" after she defeated a rich playboy. The main problem is it felt rather inconclusive.

joined Jan 12, 2014

I want them to fuck

Well that escalated quickly.

one of karuha's recent nicomaki doujins is about them fucking but it hasn't been translated yet since it came out a week ago

Sequel?
Yay!

Seriously, don't they have Whatsapp? Or Messenger? Or is Line the usual chat-methode of japanese people? •..• that would interest me

Btw, cute NicoMaki! This is just the way i like 'em, all cuddly and flirty 'n cutesy<3

LINE is the usual chat app in Japan.
Stickers!
Animated stickers!
Love Live Stickers!

Serious though, I have to use Whatsapp for chatting with overseas family and friends, but it feels so plain and limited compared.

last edited at Jan 8, 2016 2:33PM

Shinime
Duel! discussion 02 Jan 00:09
joined Jan 12, 2014

Did this manga even get much attention anywhere?
This was translated months ago, feels like one of those that will be forever forgotten with just this chapter translated.

Like Baggata Way? ;_;

Shinime
joined Jan 12, 2014

Now, it left me to wonder how mermaids make love when they are in the sea. Maybe they don't : they have no visible genitals when in mermaid form. A bit contrieved that they have to go on land and be human in order to have sex.

Or they are like some kind of amphibians that can only reproduce on land.

How about sea turtles? They have to go to land to reproduce (well, to lay eggs).

Shinime
joined Jan 12, 2014

Sudden, bad ending? How unexpected.

Who said it's the ending? There's two more parts to go! \o/

Shinime
Saki discussion 03 Dec 06:09
joined Jan 12, 2014

Saki manga is dragging on it's feet. Soooo slow. Plot doesn't move forward.... Reminds me of watching Dragon Ball Z anime on TV. >_<

On the other hand Shinohayu is progressing nicely. ^_^

Sometimes I just think Ritz-sensei don't really know how to end Saki and is taking her time. But yeah, if the reason for the conflict beteween the Miyanaga sisters is something silly the fans will rage.

last edited at Dec 3, 2015 6:09AM

joined Jan 12, 2014

Repost from another scanlator?
I was sure I read this some days ago. Just thought my memory was failing on me. O.o

joined Jan 12, 2014

I love this way more than Cirtus ! Or the other thing I saw that was like this except it was Het. Anyway food manga is awesome! (^ω^)/ I am going to need more!

What other thing you saw that was het? Shougeki no Soma?

Maybe Amagakure Gido's "Amaama to Inazuma"?
Both are about people enjoying cooking and eating. And teach the recipes at the end of the chapter. Too bad I'm too lazy to cook myself. xD
Love them both. <3