Forum › Forum Rules

joined Nov 27, 2016

whats IRC
how do you link the readers manga into comments
Can we suggest anything as long as it's no from the copyright sites

last edited at Jan 10, 2017 10:42PM

joined Jan 16, 2017

Even though you don't host this, would it be alright to start a discussion for My Girlfriend's Ex-Boyfriend? I want to discuss it with people, but I can't find any discussion for it. XD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Even though you don't host this, would it be alright to start a discussion for My Girlfriend's Ex-Boyfriend? I want to discuss it with people, but I can't find any discussion for it. XD

Yes, go ahead. We have a few discussions of series we don't host.

joined Mar 23, 2017

Hehe! I'm confused, what's the meaning of rule 6? And what's kitchen reno? Kitchen renovation for advertising things?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hehe! I'm confused, what's the meaning of rule 6? And what's kitchen reno? Kitchen renovation for advertising things?

It's a Dynasty in-joke. Every now and then there's a spam bot that comes by and starts a couple of threads advertising kitchen renovations in various places in England, then vanish again for months. We're due one soon, I think.

And Rule 6 is a Monty Python's Flying Circus reference.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 7:53PM

Img_1859
joined Apr 17, 2017

Can I ask how to reply to others comments that makes their text appear in your comment, but it's all gray n stuff?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Can I ask how to reply to others comments that makes their text appear in your comment, but it's all gray n stuff?

Hit the Quote button on the post you want to reply to.

joined Nov 27, 2016

Besides lezhin, is there a linking rule to other things

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Besides lezhin, is there a linking rule to other things

Thus far, Lezhin has been the only one there's been a specific issue with. What did you have in mind?

joined Nov 27, 2016

Well cause I posted links to peanutoon which is another manhwa site like lezhin, soooo is that alright? Or no

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well cause I posted links to peanutoon which is another manhwa site like lezhin, soooo is that alright? Or no

Peanutoon publishes their own original stuff, right? Then it's absolutely fine to link to them.

It's absolutely fine to link to Lezhin too, the restriction is on linking to unauthorized scans of stuff that's on their site. Linking directly to their originals is fine.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I have a suggestion, if you think it would be appropriate to include:
Instructions of some sort on how to contact an admin (or something similar) for things like grievances with a moderator or appeals on bans might be a good thing to include in the OP. If you would want that, that is.
Edit: Instructions on who to send a send a message to, is basically what I mean.

Also, out of curiosity, what are the forums running on? I've noticed it doesn't seem to use the bbcode I've seen elsewhere. I'm hardly an expert, but it would neat to know.

last edited at Jan 17, 2018 7:13PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Don't forget to add "11. Don't insult manga, fans don't like it and might take it too personal." to the list of rules. Not like the rules actually matter anyways after seeing how you moderate this forum. Someone posts a link about a story about child murderers all you have to say is "What do you want me to do about it?". Some 8chan troll comes spamming the forum and you do nothing about it. Someone goes on a tirade against 8/u/ scans for using a nazi symbol in their credit page and not only do you do nothing about that user breaking rule #4, but the end result was getting everything for 8/u/ and Lazy Lily removed from this site.

But no, I post some long posts insulting a manga triggering fans who take criticism of fiction too personal and I get banned. I can see where your priorities are.

Dude just let it go. Stop making this more than it needs to be. Keep your negativity to yourself, no one wants to hear it. Good vibes ✌

Didn't have to be anything until the threats of bans came up.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's nice to see you're handling this like a grown-up.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

It's nice to see you're handling this like a grown-up.

So I'm not allowed to point out how the forum rules are not being enforced in the forum rules thread? Doesn't seem like I'm the one that needs to do the growing up here.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Dunno where else to put this, so I figured here was as good a place as any.

I just waded through around 125 consecutive posts from Souleater as he got caught up on all the image posts he's missed lately, and commented on every fucking one. About half of those posts were just "<3". "Cute" and "ok" also made repeat appearances.

Am I the only one who is seriously annoyed by this? Is it just because I'm an old fart? Is this how You Kids Today do things, and I am just out of step with the times?

joined Mar 5, 2016

sure it isn't very intellectually stimulating but what else would one expect from adding a comment section to cute pictures?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Dunno where else to put this, so I figured here was as good a place as any.

I just waded through around 125 consecutive posts from Souleater as he got caught up on all the image posts he's missed lately, and commented on every fucking one. About half of those posts were just "<3". "Cute" and "ok" also made repeat appearances.

Am I the only one who is seriously annoyed by this? Is it just because I'm an old fart? Is this how You Kids Today do things, and I am just out of step with the times?

It's not just you.

Honestly, it was bad enough when they managed to keep up with the updates, but since they've started posting comments for like 3 weeks of updates in a single go, it's become unbearable.

I don't think it's ban worthy tho...but it does negatively effect the site imo. So maybe it is.

last edited at Apr 2, 2018 12:56AM

joined Oct 4, 2016

Honestly, it was bad enough when they managed to keep up with the updates, but since they've started posting comments for like 3 weeks of updates in a single go, it's become unbearable.

I don't think it's ban worthy tho...but it does negatively effect the site imo. So maybe it is.

Here we go! He's back! Let the <3's begin!

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I have to ask... is it really that big of a deal?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

When they're flooding the images discussion with as many as 60-90 posts in one go, it's a bit disruptive yeah.

joined Oct 4, 2016

When they're flooding the images discussion with as many as 60-90 posts in one go, it's a bit disruptive yeah.

I am personally of the opinion that it is disruptive even when he is keeping up with the image posts and only posting 30 at a time.He rarely engages with the contents of the pictures or with any of the other discussion participants. His posts are utterly content-free, and 99.9% of them could be replaced with "Hey guys, I just wanted you to know that I have looked at this picture." because that's really all he's doing.

The fact that he is now making dozens or sometimes hundreds* of such posts in a row is just the turd on top of the shit sundae.

* (Seriously, there was an instance last year, I think it was in the summer, where I woke up one morning to discover 250+ posts in a row from him in the image thread. That's over 10 full pages of the image thread devoted to him letting us all know that he had just caught up with every image posted in the previous two months.)

last edited at Apr 20, 2018 2:40PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Can't we give them a "<3" button?

last edited at Apr 20, 2018 5:08PM

Maki_avi-2
joined Apr 13, 2018

While I don't have any experience with the user in question, I have to agree that this kind of thing is really disruptive and I don't think it would be acceptable in any other forums I've ever frequented. Granted, Dynasty is a bit of a different beast (being a sort of hybrid between a comments section and an actual discussion forum) but it's still pretty disruptive to the flow of conversation. I don't know anything about how DS operates, but might it be possible to enact some sort of restriction on consecutive posts by the same user? Nothing big. Maybe just like a few minutes between posts? It would probably dissuade people from flooding, or at the very least, allow other conversations to catch up while they're on their commenting spree, as opposed having the aforementioned 10+ pages of the same user with little to no effort.

Also worth a note is that comment flooding can be strenuous on the server, though I don't think one user is capable of doing that on their own without outside tools. But I do think it's worth looking into for reasons aside from being mildly annoying.

last edited at Apr 21, 2018 1:09PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Tara posted:

I don't know anything about how DS operates, but might it be possible to enact some sort of restriction on consecutive posts by the same user? Nothing big. Maybe just like a few minutes between posts?

At the very least preventing consecutive posts by the same person in a single thread would be a big help. It's kinda of obnoxious going into a thread only to see someone make 2-6 posts all within a short span because they seem to be completely unaware of the existence of the edit button.

To reply you must either login or sign up.