Forum › Citrus discussion

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

@Chaosteam
Will you be working on the leaflet extras (specifically Volume 5's) as well?
That's the plan yes we already have the scans our team member provided

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

I GOTTA KNOW IF ANYTHING HAPPENS WITH HARUMIN AND HER SISTER

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Damn it. I want to see their relationship take a more physical turn. We've had enough drama, time for some sexy time!

To be honest, and when considering the manga thus far, I do not think what you're looking for is going to happen. I do believe that at some point Mei and Yuzu will have sex in the story, but when it does happen it will not be heavily explicit. My guess is that the moment will be mostly implied with some before and possibly after scenes. If you're just reading for sex then there are plenty of yuri hentai out there and I'm sure some fan out there has drawn Yuzu and Mei going at it.

One thing I really like about Citrus is the realistic set-up of the sexual content. It is easy to be facetious with sexual comments and actions before a relationship starts, but once love is discovered and the serious nature of the sexual actions are revealed in a relationship, often times a couple, especially teens, will take a step back just like Mei and Yuzu have. It's refreshing that they are not rushing into it and are taking time to learn more about each other first. Let's keep in mind that the targeted audiences for Citrus are lesbian or bisexual-female teens.

Underneath all of the repetitive drama, sexual jokes, and absurdities that this manga has, there is a serious romance where there are characters with heartfelt issues. Yuzu even gets scared thinking of how society will look at and possibly condemn not only her sexuality, but her relationship with Mei, her step-sister. I also have a growing thought that Yuzu and Mei's mother will grow suspicious of the closeness and start becoming more involved in the story.

I'd also like to see if there will be any development between Harumin and Matsuri, and I'm looking forward to having Harumin's sister present at the sleep over.

Amen

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Damn it. I want to see their relationship take a more physical turn. We've had enough drama, time for some sexy time!

To be honest, and when considering the manga thus far, I do not think what you're looking for is going to happen. I do believe that at some point Mei and Yuzu will have sex in the story, but when it does happen it will not be heavily explicit. My guess is that the moment will be mostly implied with some before and possibly after scenes. If you're just reading for sex then there are plenty of yuri hentai out there and I'm sure some fan out there has drawn Yuzu and Mei going at it.

One thing I really like about Citrus is the realistic set-up of the sexual content. It is easy to be facetious with sexual comments and actions before a relationship starts, but once love is discovered and the serious nature of the sexual actions are revealed in a relationship, often times a couple, especially teens, will take a step back just like Mei and Yuzu have. It's refreshing that they are not rushing into it and are taking time to learn more about each other first. Let's keep in mind that the targeted audiences for Citrus are lesbian or bisexual-female teens.

Underneath all of the repetitive drama, sexual jokes, and absurdities that this manga has, there is a serious romance where there are characters with heartfelt issues. Yuzu even gets scared thinking of how society will look at and possibly condemn not only her sexuality, but her relationship with Mei, her step-sister. I also have a growing thought that Yuzu and Mei's mother will grow suspicious of the closeness and start becoming more involved in the story.

I'd also like to see if there will be any development between Harumin and Matsuri, and I'm looking forward to having Harumin's sister present at the sleep over.

Not that I disagree with you, but is the demographic for this series actually "lesbian or bisexual-female teens. "? Most readers are probably not in that group, at least in japan.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Not that I disagree with you, but is the demographic for this series actually "lesbian or bisexual-female teens. "? Most readers are probably not in that group, at least in japan.

Probably not specifically LGBT but it most certainly is targeted at women.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Y'know, people give this series hate and I can definitely see its flaws but dammit, I love it to bits.

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

Probably not specifically LGBT but it most certainly is targeted at women.

You appear to be correct, Comic Yuri Hime has a readership of 70% female according to wikipedia.

joined Mar 15, 2017

You appear to be correct, Comic Yuri Hime has a readership of 70% female according to wikipedia.

That's based on a 2008 survey, from even before it merged with Yuri Hime S.

joined Dec 30, 2013

That's based on a 2008 survey, from even before it merged with Yuri Hime S.

Do we know how much that percentage changed since then?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Matsuri, really, really wants to get together with Harumin, eh?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Reminders:
1. Matsuri hangs out with Harumin almost every day.
2. Matsuri is Harumin's self-proclaimed girlfriend.
3. Matsuri has touched Harumin's chest at the pool. Beforehand, she also calls Yuzu using Harumin's phone.
4. Harumin play fights with Matsuri during the festival.
5. Matsuri sees Yuzu with Harumin as an "affair". (Yuzu's or Harumin's?)
6. Matsuri can talk with Mitsuko just fine (even asking if she has a driver's license).

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 2:32PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Reminders:
3. Matsuri has touched Harumin's chest at the pool. Beforehand, she also calls Yuzu using Harumin's phone.
6. Matsuri can talk with Mitsuko just fine (even asking if she has a driver's license).

Sooooo... which one, you reckon: Harumatsu or Matsuharu?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

For some reason I can totally see Matsuri as the kind of girl that is all dominant on daily life but a total sub in the bedroom

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I see Matsuri as a natural top.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Reminders:

Seeing this, makes me wishing that Harumin should get a girlfriend, Matsuri can work too.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Harumin proves time and time again to be uber best girl.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Y'know, people give this series hate and I can definitely see its flaws but dammit, I love it to bits.

Really, story wise the only flaw I believe worth noting is a bit of redundancy in the drama, but other wise it is a good series over all. The only part that truly gets me down is how much Mei was hated before, but now that she's acting "cute" people love her. There was that thing "God Damn it Mei" or whatever >_> Mei never really did anything bad and Yuzu, though helping Mei quite a bit, so I found the behavior against her character rather cruel

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Really, story wise the only flaw I believe worth noting is a bit of redundancy in the drama, but other wise it is a good series over all. The only part that truly gets me down is how much Mei was hated before, but now that she's acting "cute" people love her. There was that thing "God Damn it Mei" or whatever >_> Mei never really did anything bad and Yuzu, though helping Mei quite a bit, so I found the behavior against her character rather cruel

It was because before Mei was really mean to Yuzu and everyone loves Yuzu. Plus honestly to begin with... Mei really had little character besides being the stoic serious girl. She only had her looks going for her so I think it is a valid complaint. I think her development is getting better now but no I wasn't a fan of her before. It's not to me that shes acting "cute" and I like her now, it's that she's opening up and trying instead of just ignoring Yuzu like before.

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 4:20PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

everyone loves Yuzu

*rise hand* Not everyone...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

everyone loves Yuzu

Burn the Heretic!

joined Feb 23, 2016

The face Matsuri and Mei makes When Yuzu comes running! (≧∇≦) most precious moment ever~ love this series to much

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 6:42PM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

everyone loves Yuzu

Burn the Heretic!

:: raises pitchfork ::

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 5:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

everyone loves Yuzu

Burn the Heretic!

:: raises pitchfork ::

Okay, no. That's just not gonna work and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking of it.

:: sets the pitchfork on fire ::

Okay, now you're good to go.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Yuzu is cute! Yuzu is sexy! Yuzu is loved!
Though Harumin is best girl!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

These side stories are always fun.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_vol_7_special_2#5

I imagine here, Yuzu thought Mei was jealous of all of her toys because of how she kept saying they were cute? That's both adorable and hilarious.

To reply you must either login or sign up.