Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Sep 25, 2015

Just caught up. Man, it was disappointing how the author went with Shiraho. She was a really interesting character.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I just realized that every major character in every volume will be in the summer trip except for Sara and Nina.

Maybe the Kyoto girls will somehow show up? I don't think it's likely, but it'd be super exciting to see everyone back.
Though at this point, I'd like to see Yuzu and Mei on a nice one-on-one date or something. Communication and more blushes are making a strong comeback in this series and it's been a long time coming.

Drama CD related:
Just watched the drama CDs on Youtuber Omni Essence's channel. Yuzu is damn lucky to have Harumin as a friend! That girl would be a grade A wingwoman.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Once those few missing chapters get uploaded here I'll have to go and reread this all from the beginning. I've got no idea what's going on at this point, lol.

joined May 19, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch29#11

What does the "along the way a horse" line mean?

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Once those few missing chapters get uploaded here I'll have to go and reread this all from the beginning. I've got no idea what's going on at this point, lol.
19 and 20 chapters will take some time sorry,we didn't do 19,as for 20 it needs a serious remake from translation to editing

joined Dec 26, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch29#11

What does the "along the way a horse" line mean?

Just harumin being silly,this was the actual translation

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

sadhomu82 posted:

19 and 20 chapters will take some time sorry,we didn't do 19,as for 20 it needs a serious remake from translation to editing

You seem to be under the mistaken notion that I was complaining about them not being here. I was simply stating that I'm totally lost on what's going on anymore, partly due to the fact it's been so long since I've really read the series, so once those missing chapters are finished I'll need to reread it from the beginning.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Im currently buying the manga here legally physically So I'm happy that you guys can continue reading this masterwork

joined May 19, 2016

Just harumin being silly,this was the actual translation

Oh, makes sense now, thank you. Didn't realize that was a continuation of Harumin's speech.

Hanako
joined Jan 26, 2014

Despite any issues I've had with this series, I really enjoyed these couple of chapters. And I am enjoying Shira-pon too.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Dang that Mikan girl is getting bold.

joined Dec 3, 2014

There were some glaring errors in the bonus chapters (28.5), I will just comment it here in case someone got confused and wants some clarification or if ChaosTeam ever decides to visit the thread and fix them.

P1: The term Shirapon uses is: 義理の兄達 - "brothers bound not by blood". In most context it is equivalent to "brother in law", however it could also be understood as "sworn brothers", like how members of a Yakuza gang (which seems to be the case for Shirapon family) refer to each other. Thus the confusion from Yuzu when she actually met them. A better translation should be able to capture this nuance.

P3: "Speaking of family names": The word used is 名家, and not 家名. The former means "distinguished, prestigious families", thus it should be st like "Speaking of distinguished families"
"Honestly, those eyes are suspicious" should be "I can't even believe my eyes".

last edited at Jun 22, 2017 11:54PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hoooooray more Citrus <3

joined Dec 26, 2014

There were some glaring errors in the bonus chapters (28.5), I will just comment it here in case someone got confused and wants some clarification or if ChaosTeam ever decides to visit the thread and fix them.

P1: The term Shirapon uses is: 義理の兄達 - "brothers bound not by blood". In most context it is equivalent to "brother in law", however it could also be understood as "sworn brothers", like how members of a Yakuza gang (which seems to be the case for Shirapon family) refer to each other. Thus the confusion from Yuzu when she actually met them. A better translation should be able to capture this nuance.

P3: "Speaking of family names": The word used is 名家, and not 家名. The former means "distinguished, prestigious families", thus it should be st like "Speaking of distinguished families"
"Honestly, those eyes are suspicious" should be "I can't even believe my eyes".

Our translator is giving Shirapon a different kind of speach thus the translation . also the brother in law was fixed to step brother we just gave the wrong page but it will be fixed eventually

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Dammit, now I want curry.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Queen of trolling? Did I read that right? Thank you, oh queen of trolling, for this beautiful kuudere that forces herself to eat spicy foods for the sake of the waifu.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Oh wow, real incest this time.
Nina just look more Chitoge from Nisekoi now
Mfw, maybe Harumi love interested is her sister too
that will too based.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Oh wow, real incest this time.

That was my first thought as well.

Very cute specials. There were several instances that brought up Mei's intolerance with spicy foods, but it's cute to see her trying her hardest for an oblivious Yuzu. Poor vice prez though. That girl only has her eyebrows to comfort her during the cold of winter.

joined Sep 4, 2016

Damn it. I want to see their relationship take a more physical turn. We've had enough drama, time for some sexy time!

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I find it so adorable when Mei tries stuff that Yuzu likes~

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Parental cringe

joined Jan 8, 2014

Chaosteam is on a roll here! ^_^ thanks for scantalating! I hope once it's all caught up that we keep getting regilar updates!

joined Dec 26, 2014

Chaosteam is on a roll here! ^_^ thanks for scantalating! I hope once it's all caught up that we keep getting regilar updates!

New chapters will be uploaded as soon as we finish them. Volume 5 extras and chapters 19 and 20 are yet to come :)

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

@Chaosteam
Will you be working on the leaflet extras (specifically Volume 5's) as well?

joined Aug 22, 2016

Damn it. I want to see their relationship take a more physical turn. We've had enough drama, time for some sexy time!

To be honest, and when considering the manga thus far, I do not think what you're looking for is going to happen. I do believe that at some point Mei and Yuzu will have sex in the story, but when it does happen it will not be heavily explicit. My guess is that the moment will be mostly implied with some before and possibly after scenes. If you're just reading for sex then there are plenty of yuri hentai out there and I'm sure some fan out there has drawn Yuzu and Mei going at it.

One thing I really like about Citrus is the realistic set-up of the sexual content. It is easy to be facetious with sexual comments and actions before a relationship starts, but once love is discovered and the serious nature of the sexual actions are revealed in a relationship, often times a couple, especially teens, will take a step back just like Mei and Yuzu have. It's refreshing that they are not rushing into it and are taking time to learn more about each other first. Let's keep in mind that the targeted audiences for Citrus are lesbian or bisexual-female teens.

Underneath all of the repetitive drama, sexual jokes, and absurdities that this manga has, there is a serious romance where there are characters with heartfelt issues. Yuzu even gets scared thinking of how society will look at and possibly condemn not only her sexuality, but her relationship with Mei, her step-sister. I also have a growing thought that Yuzu and Mei's mother will grow suspicious of the closeness and start becoming more involved in the story.

I'd also like to see if there will be any development between Harumin and Matsuri, and I'm looking forward to having Harumin's sister present at the sleep over.

last edited at Jun 24, 2017 4:15PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.