Forum › Blueprints for a Girl discussion

joined Jul 18, 2015

Ghost in the Shell posted:

This somehow always feels like a cop-out of issues that would be worthwhile exploring in a story, what a shame... Is this maybe a Japanese culture thing? That a divorce basically enforces the entire family to more or less pick sides and split "with" the couple?

Considering how common an occurrence it is and the emphasis on stuff like moving and almost immediately losing contact with even your closest friends suggests that it might be a cultural thing.

Yea, after (according to MAL) about 300 days spent in anime and manga I'd say it's a cultural thing. The no contact thing is used pretty often.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 6:44PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if it's that major a cultural thing there in real life, or if it's something that's taken on a life of its own in manga and other pop culture, similar to how any little rainstorm gives people colds with high fever. It's a useful and easy to use narrative device, that's a bit more exaggerated than the real thing.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 7:20PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

So is chapter 3 the ending?

joined Jun 1, 2017

PS: "God, I will be content to receive your punishment"
oooh and you'll receive it... tbh homo incest is a nice read when it's in a plot that's 99% impossible

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

It does feel like an ending, doesn't it?

Being a cruel bastard, I wanted to see their mom find out about their relationship and all the ensuing tension.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Is it over?

If it is, that was a decent read, if a bit underwhelming. Nice grounded feel

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 10:01PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Woah, what the fuck- that was too short!

joined Dec 19, 2016

It does feel like an ending, doesn't it?

Being a cruel bastard, I wanted to see their mom find out about their relationship and all the ensuing tension.

I mean, they say they are gonna stay together even when they got old so I guess that's a plus. When I read that part before where she said they would stay a couple until she found someone else, all I could think was "Please don't end like Happy End did because that shit sucked." I guess this just felt rushed in the end.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 10:57PM

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

I like that puffball hair, hopefully she grows it out later.

joined Feb 23, 2016

i can hear the drama approaching...>8V

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Oh I didn't know Konno Kita drew a series. Always been a fan of their work and straight off the bat it's incest! xD
EDIT: Oh nvm, apparently as soon as I get in to it, it ends. Just my luck. Had such a nice slow progression at first and then BAM confession.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 11:07PM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Oh I didn't know Konno Kita drew a series. Always been a fan of their work and straight off the bat it's incest! xD
EDIT: Oh nvm, apparently as soon as I get in to it, it ends. Just my luck. Had such a nice slow progression at first and then BAM confession.

And thank goodness for that. I loathe drawn out stories. I mean, like just get to the point and go from there.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Is this actually the end? The series page still says it's ongoing and the chapter release page on Yuri Project's site doesn't mention anything about it being the end either.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Definitely one of the incest stories I've enjoyed the most, but I still wish that element simply hadn't been there. To each their own, I suppose.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I liked this manga a lot, thanks for the quick translation, Yuri Project. I wish Konno Kita would draw even more yuri, their art is wondersome.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Each chapter of this ends with "End", just that ch3 has more end-like end. And for some reason it isn't listed in Hirari volume list. There might be something more.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

If it's not the "real" end, then it can only evolve to drama.

I'll pretend it ends here.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

Onee-san looks so good in a ponytail. I really like the artstyle of this artist. Am I the only one glad that this is straight up incest? I feel like we don't get too many of it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

lazylikeyourass posted:

Onee-san looks so good in a ponytail. I really like the artstyle of this artist. Am I the only one glad that this is straight up incest? I feel like we don't get too many of it.

Yeah. It's easier for authors to make them "non blood related".

It removes a lot of the squick factor and makes it more palatable for a larger audience.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I checked my set of Hirari, and chapter 3 is in Hirari vol 8. (I fixed that.) Konno Kita was also in Hirari vol 9, but it was a different story, Shounen, already released by Yuri Project. I only saw one more entry from her after that and it was another different story, so this may have been the last chapter; I don't know.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

The divorce thing on Japan does tend to be like that - I'm not sure the concept of "visitation rights" even exists there. I know that Japanese nationals with half Japanese children are known to flee to Japan with the kids and courts over there would block any attempt by foreign parents to see their kids. For the longest time Japan was not party to international treaties regarding this, though they may have changed in the last few years (or not).

Basically, divorce is even worse in Japan, unless it's an amicable divorce.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I saw at least one anime (Noein), and may have seen other anime/manga, where the non-custodial parent get a twice yearly visitation with the child. Though I couldn't tell if it was a legal thing or an arrangement between the parents.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Child visitation is not a legal right under Japanese law

There is no provision for visitation rights under the Japanese Civil Code. Article 766, paragraph 1 of the Japanese Civil Code, which is used to determine custody and visitation rights, reads as follows. “In cases where the father and mother effect a divorce by agreement, the person who is to take custody of their children and other matters necessary for the custody shall be determined by their agreement, and if no agreement is reached or possible, such matters shall be determined by the Family Court.” This gives no assurance of any visitation at all.

Even if it is specified by a Japanese court, it is incredibly limited, usually only a couple hours per month. The responsibility to ensure regular visitation is a direct consequence of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, which was ratified by Japan in its entirety on May 22nd 1994. Article nine of this treaty obligates Japan to "Respect the right of the child who is separated from one or both parents to maintain personal contact with both parents on a regular basis."

http://crnjapan.net/The_Japan_Childrens_Rights_Network/res-visnoright.html

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

On another note: As far as I know there are 6 chapters in this volume of Konno Kita's work from 2013. I think only the first 3 Chapters are those sisters and the other chapters are other stories. At leasts that's what I get from https://myanimelist.net/manga/33317/Onnanoko_no_Sekkeizu

last edited at Jun 2, 2017 12:52PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

This certainly seems like the end, and not a bad end at that. Kind of sweet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.