Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

So is there something I don't know about Japanese culture (to add to the ever increasing/decreasing list) or is what her mom said seriously fucked up?

And seriously? Every person I have ever known that is allergic to cats or dogs love them to a ridiculous extent.

This new Catgirl is worrying. I hope it's just a misfire of the warning bells but that just screams unnecessary angst.

last edited at May 12, 2017 12:14AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

So she has a criminal record for seducing catulus (or tigerus?)... Yuki wasn't the first one :'v

I wonder if it's possible for her to get pregnant from a cat in her cat form...? I WOULDN'T WANT THAT OF COURSE!!! but i do wonder what would happen.... O_o

There was this stray cat that was born in my backjard... sometimes it disappeared and then came back, it was 3 months old when I took her to the vet to fix her (castrate) and when the vet did the operation, she didn't realize before cutting but the kitten was pregnant of a week or two. THREE MONTHS OLD, come on! it was impossible for me to realize if she had gone into heat 'cause it was stray and it was really hard to catch her, but how come she could get pregnant so soon it's said that they don't until half a year. Even the vet was surprised, the operation ended in an abortion :(

last edited at May 12, 2017 1:19AM

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Third player has joined the game

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Cloy552 posted:

So is there something I don't know about Japanese culture (to add to the ever increasing/decreasing list) or is what her mom said seriously fucked up?

And seriously? Every person I have ever known that is allergic to cats or dogs love them to a ridiculous extent.

This new Catgirl is worrying. I hope it's just a misfire of the warning bells but that just screams unnecessary angst.

I that what her mom said was very awful in every culture and any language.

About the allergies I find it ridiculous! because so far in my almost 20 years of life I have never encountered a person allergic to cat or dogs, but according to anime/manga 1/3 people will be allergic to one of those.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

A wild cat stranger appeared!

Readers used pure yuri explaination!

Not very effective!

joined Feb 15, 2017

Ya right so this is Turning into a harem

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

The mom basically said straight to her face stop trying make friends and trying be happy because it is a inconvenience to the mom. Essentially telling her to spend her life alone and sad/lonely because the mom couldn't be bothered with her daughter's happiness.

I just don't get why noone in Japan has never heard of allergy meds in manga.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

I suspect the children were not actually allergic to catulus humans. It seems more likely that their pet allergies, medicated or not, were just being used as an excuse by parents to avoid her out of prejudice. Plus I'm not allergic to cats, but I thought it was caused by shedding and grooming that spreads dander around - and that seems like it wouldn't really happen if all you have is cat ears and a tail.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Cat allergies are commonly caused by their saliva, so it spread through shedding when the cat lick themselves. So yeah, unless our catulus here lick herself as a way to clean up, she shouldn't cause any allergy.

joined May 12, 2017

Omg!!! I love this! -
You are very talented! !!!
;)

joined Apr 6, 2017

I suspect the children were not actually allergic to catulus humans. It seems more likely that their pet allergies, medicated or not, were just being used as an excuse by parents to avoid her out of prejudice. Plus I'm not allergic to cats, but I thought it was caused by shedding and grooming that spreads dander around - and that seems like it wouldn't really happen if all you have is cat ears and a tail.

It is actually a protein/enzyme (forget which) in cat saliva that people are allergic to and not the hair itself. There is actually a med you can get from vets to give to your cat that makes the saliva non allergenic.

But ya I was just talking in general about allergy meds and manga. As it is a trope that gets used often. In fact there is another manga on the front page right now that the chapter deals with cat allergies. In fact the MC cat allergy plays a role in the story itself.

last edited at May 12, 2017 6:00AM

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I hope not :(

joined Apr 25, 2013

Well... there are two other cat girls besides Yuki who like Ayano. You see them on the fourth page of Chapter 1.

[spoiler]A fourth just showed up in Chapter 13.

last edited at May 12, 2017 10:55AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Well... there are two other cat girls besides Yuki who like Ayano. You see them on the fourth page of Chapter 1.

Well then the moment it does I'll just drop this like a gigantic rock since harems are already pretty bad, a harem from the perspective of the first girl and not the harem protag is even worse since it'll just feel bad.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rosenakahara posted:

Well then the moment it does I'll just drop this like a gigantic rock since harems are already pretty bad, a harem from the perspective of the first girl and not the harem protag is even worse since it'll just feel bad.

For me, it depends, if they introduce more and more girls and all of them fall for Ayano then that's pretty bad (and lazy development), but if at least one of them falls for Yuki or wants to be her friend instead then I'm all for it! I hate harems too.

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

Lol she plays Pokemon Go! Me too girl

But I really hope this doesn't turn into a love triangle or a harem -__- That would just ruin this manga for me

onlyyuriaccount4202
Animepencilgirl%201
joined Dec 2, 2016

I swear to fucking god if this turns into a love triangle or best friend taking away friend im gonna be soooo pissed.

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Third player has joined the game

A challenger appears!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Idk my first reaction at the new girl was ooh another cute cat girl
A new character doesn't necessarily mean it'll bring tension, hopefully it won't :T Ratherc it'd be nice if the new girl perhaps lives more comfortably with her condition than Yuki does; she could be a good reference about stuff/give Yuki pointers about things she struggles with.
So far we know that Yuki is extremely self conscious about her condition, and is very wary of her interactions with other people. Maybe having someone in the same boat would nice for her to relate and talk to

last edited at May 12, 2017 5:43PM

joined Mar 20, 2017

Yeah, I don't think you need to add that [spoiler]. With this speed, we won't remember the spoiler by the time chapter 13 is actually updated

joined Feb 23, 2016

I keep wanting more of this T^T

joined Apr 6, 2017

Yep, chapters are to short . I want more..

Idk my first reaction at the new girl was ooh another cute cat girl
A new character doesn't necessarily mean it'll bring tension, hopefully it won't :T Ratherc it'd be nice if the new girl perhaps lives more comfortably with her condition than Yuki does; she could be a good reference about stuff/give Yuki pointers about things she struggles with.
So far we know that Yuki is extremely self conscious about her condition, and is very wary of her interactions with other people. Maybe having someone in the same boat would nice for her to relate and talk to

Ya this comes down to environment someone grows up in effecting their outlook and personality. To put it bluntly Yuki was treated like shit it seems growing up. Both by her mom and people around her so no wonder she is the way she is. The new girl while not knowing what her childhood was like is already one up on Yuki with having the cheerful bubbly friendly Ayano there to be her friend so she wasn't alone.

It seems like these cat girls might have a rather unfair advantage in track and field depending how many bonuses beside looks they get from their cat nature.

joined Mar 20, 2017

The Light is stronk in this chapter, lul

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

New girl doesn't seem like the possessive sort, but what's with all these people doing background checks and whatnot? Couldn't you kids try getting to know someone in a more normal, less yandere-esque fashion?

I am also disturbed by Tora's inability to read body language. The Catulus have clearly got cat instincts, so they should also recognize catlike reactions in each other. You shouldn't carelessly approach a cat who's curled into a defensive posture: you can cause it to lash out and shred you in a panic.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Childhood friend does not seem THAT bad after all.. Still a possible rival tho.
stays on guard

To reply you must either login or sign up.