ForumNews Dynasty Discord Server

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Dynasty's server invite link: https://discord.gg/e4sbY8S
Application homepage: https://discordapp.com/

I've decided to give this a try since IRC never really brings in that many fresh faces due to a variety of reasons (not that I don't like the current unfresh ones). So while this discord thing is booming (and hopefully they don't keep shooting themselves in the foot after the latest update), I wanted to try grab folks who didn't fit between forums and the IRC.
We're not abandoning the IRC, for those handful who actually visit, but it's certainly a function that not many use today. Technically we also have a twitter, but haven't touched that in ages. Maybe we'll revive it one day... (probably not).

For those who don't know what discord is, it's a chat client that you can have running in your browser or as a desktop application and comes with VoIP. Serves a lot of the same functions as other programs like TeamSpeak and Skype, but I'd say it's easier for public people to integrate into and it's also more aesthetically pleasing (although each program has its pros and cons). It was initially geared towards gamers but a decent amount of people have run with it to form their own communities that don't involve video games. Definitely easier to understand than IRC for most people, in any case.

Anyhoo, whether or not anyone uses it, it'll be there and DPF and I will be on there for much of the time like IRC. For those who do choose to use it, keep in mind that it will be treated as 18+.

last edited at May 4, 2017 1:02PM

Titan0fPower
Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

Huh, nice. I'll give it a try soon.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Discord is pretty nice although I only use it for Monster Hunter. Will give it a try later.

last edited at May 3, 2017 10:47PM

joined Dec 18, 2014

Nice

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Heresy!
IRC for the IRC gods forever!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

I already use Discord, so sure, why not.

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

I use discord elce where so yeah go ahead.

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Oh nice, I use Discord for games so this is super cool.

joined Feb 8, 2016

How much people so far?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How much people so far?

Two.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I can confirm that including DPF, Nez, Casusby, and myself that there are two.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I am also there, so there are probably 2.5 people.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You're a bot so you don't count.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Umm......What?

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Umm......What?

https://youtu.be/rBeFeNzaXmc

No?

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

The kids probably did not even read this and went to the newest manga uploaded haha
Sometimes, the announcement part is easy to miss. I would like to join but I don't have a pc...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Stuck in idol hell with no pc sounds so sad...

There is also a mobile Discord app that works just as well, if that would work better!

joined Jun 10, 2017

So... If I want to translate a work into my language then who should I ask for a permission and how do I contact them? I'll be very thankful if someone helps me with this :D Sorry if this post is irrelevant but I don't know where else to ask :<

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Siro posted:

So... If I want to translate a work into my language then who should I ask for a permission and how do I contact them? I'll be very thankful if someone helps me with this :D Sorry if this post is irrelevant but I don't know where else to ask :<

Unless you want officially publish it in your language and earn money from it, nobody.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hooray, I joined, looking forward to hm meeting y'all I guess :3

Img_-yds5j4_50_1_75
joined Sep 27, 2013

The kids probably did not even read this and went to the newest manga uploaded haha
Sometimes, the announcement part is easy to miss. I would like to join but I don't have a pc...

I read annoucement >:(
x'D

Img_-yds5j4_50_1_75
joined Sep 27, 2013

oh anyways i would like to join but umm idk i barely use discord lol only use it for paladins and im not playing it atm

Chikane
joined Feb 5, 2016

Yo I wanna join but the Discord said it invaild or has expired (╥_╥) I guess im too late(╥_╥)(╥_╥) by any chance yall can update a new invite link plz 人(_ _*)

joined Jul 29, 2017

try to post on forum, but the message i get that I am spam.

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

Why didnt I discover this amazingness sooner XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.