Forum › Vampire-chan × Junior-chan discussion

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Wooo. I needed to take a moment to breathe after reading this. That was intense (in a good way)

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

I love always the art and story from this author^^

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I relate to the MC too well socially...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ Yeah, might not work all that well when the girls wear mini-skirts, unless she starts wearing stockings.

AFAIK non-hentai manga schoolgirls are, on average, very keen at concealing their inner thighs and keeping their skirts down (especially with boys around), so biting there and expecting them to do the coverup for you may not be as dumb as it sounds.

And that's if the author doesn't follow the "bite mark heal right away" trend anyway.

Well, obviously not right away, since we see the marks clearly immediately after the bite, but yeah, they still may heal extra fast after that, in which case the entire discussion is moot, and the author just chose inner thighs for added eroticism. ^^

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

Vampire yuri is always welcome. Anyway, damn, main girl is thicc.

joined Apr 1, 2013

YURI + VAMPIRES = PURE BLISS but i cant believe Takano Sayo is the artist im sooooo glad shes finally making her own Vampire Series!! im so happy i hope this manga runs for a long time But the biting/blood sucking feels more like a hickie kiss than an actual bite there needs to be more blood lol

A9fe1102-7f0e-4701-a4a9-e2611d5c44c7
joined Jan 14, 2016

Yaaaaaaaaaaaasss finally! :DDDD
Takano Saku is the best

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The logic in this feels a bit backwards, Assault her so she wont tell anyone... Ingenious

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

And that's if the author doesn't follow the "bite mark heal right away" trend anyway.

Well, obviously not right away, since we see the marks clearly immediately after the bite, but yeah, they still may heal extra fast after that, in which case the entire discussion is moot, and the author just chose inner thighs for added eroticism. ^^

Frankly, I don't have a problem with that. It seems reasonable enough. Imagining for a moment I'm a vampire and I'm going to suck blood from a girl I fancy. Which is more fun, neck or inner thigh? Well, nothing wrong with neck, I'm not saying, but still, inner thigh quite a tempting target, no?

By the way I would hope it has nothing to do with the femoral artery. Bite into that and it's less erotic vampire play and more "What we do in the Shadows" style "All I'm saying is, could you at least lay down some newspaper before you take a victim?"
(What we do in the Shadows is a hilarious "documentary" about a group of vampires living in a New Zealand flat)

last edited at May 7, 2017 12:16PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The logic in this feels a bit backwards, Assault her so she wont tell anyone... Ingenious

Well, two things about that. First, it's implied that there's some element of the whole "vampire control over their victims" schtick. Second, in the end she clearly didn't do it because of logic. It was more one of those "She smells sooo good! This is the blood I've been waiting for all my life. Must drink!" kind of things.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

By the way I would hope it has nothing to do with the femoral artery. Bite into that and it's less erotic vampire play and more "What we do in the Shadows" style "All I'm saying is, could you at least lay down some newspaper before you take a victim?"

And puncturing carotid arteries, like normal, unsexy vampires do, isn't? ;D

last edited at May 7, 2017 1:26PM

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Hope this series will be good...:)))) I'm also hoping for a plot twist that will never happen...

(This series is better than twilight)

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

This once-love is in-a a-life-time!

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Takano Saku doing vampire yuri?
Everything is right in the world.
Hoping this'll end well.

last edited at May 7, 2017 3:36PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

So a couple of things, the translation seems to have a lot of English editing issues and also why does the scan quality drop severely after the first few pages? It also looks like the later pages were upscaled which is frowned upon.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Minor spoilers from chapter 2, but.. she still has the mark the next morning

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Subarashi, subarashi.
Takano is master race!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

So a couple of things, the translation seems to have a lot of English editing issues and also why does the scan quality drop severely after the first few pages? It also looks like the later pages were upscaled which is frowned upon.

English editing wise, what doesn't seem up to par? We can keep it in mind for next time and future releases.

Generally we try to run a pretty tight ship and are possibly one of the only groups that uses both a house style guide and a standard manual of style. I'm blind to image editing though, so I can't help there.

We're pretty committed to improving our work and greatly appreciate all feedback, so please keep it coming!

Ah, and as opposed to our normal releases, which have about 13 to 20 word document pages of text, this one had 50. So, it was quite a bear to keep straight.

last edited at May 7, 2017 6:11PM

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

English editing wise, what doesn't seem up to par? We can keep it in mind for next time and future releases.

Generally we try to run a pretty tight ship and are possibly one of the only groups that uses both a house style guide and a standard manual of style. I'm blind to image editing though, so I can't help there.

We're pretty committed to improving our work and greatly appreciate all feedback, so please keep it coming!

Ah, and as opposed to our normal releases, which have about 13 to 20 word document pages of text, this one had 50. So, it was quite a bear to keep straight.

I was the editor in this project and I'd like to add that none of our releases are upscaled. I merely used digital magazine raws which usually should be superior to physical scans because there's no dust to clean or levels to adjust. As for the dimensions, they're below our standard 2000px release (1920px to be precise). I understand why people might think it's upscaled or blurry, I can see it too with my eyes, but that's how the scans are. I can't be picky here because ebooks are much faster, cheaper and easier to get. In fact, there were quite a few jpeg artifacts in the raws which I tried to fix by leveling, though I didn't want to change the levels too much from the intended levels.
As for typesetting, aside from a small bubble on p18 which I forgot to add (it's only "..." though, hope people will forgive me), I gave my best with varying between fonts while still staying true to the original fonts.
So, if you can add any constructive critism, I'll remember it for the next time.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Gahhhh :D!! It's you takano Saki!!! Squeals that drawing is so good.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Plz don't get cancelled!!

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

This looks promising I hope after the citrus anime Yuri Gets a huge boost so more Yuri comes and less series gets a cancellation

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I feel kind of alone in being creeped out by how... rapey that was. Like, the art is gorgeous, sure, but the transfer student is clearly uncomfortable, if not completely paralysed by fear. There's no love, lust, or even desire in this scene, and, when you consider the long history of vampirism being presented as a proxy for lesbian sex... yeah. Not an auspicious beginning.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I feel kind of alone in being creeped out by how... rapey that was. Like, the art is gorgeous, sure, but the transfer student is clearly uncomfortable, if not completely paralysed by fear. There's no love, lust, or even desire in this scene, and, when you consider the long history of vampirism being presented as a proxy for lesbian sex... yeah. Not an auspicious beginning.

......... claps

last edited at May 8, 2017 6:24AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Now that I look at the story, it's kind of unsatisfying watching the smug asshole teacher basically being right about everything, leading to the vampire only managing to hold out for five minutes once she was alone with Junior-chan.

To reply you must either login or sign up.