Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Am I the only one who thought about Yuri kuma arashi with the bear thing? :3

Idk maybe it was a reference

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I know, I'm playing with the idea, who hasn't fell in love here?

Who here is between the ages of 5-10?

Wait...there are people here who aren't between the ages of 5-10?

There are tweens here?

...I need an adult.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

Wait...there are people here who aren't between the ages of 5-10?

There are tweens here?

...I need an adult.

Considering this is a lolicon thread, you might be safer with the tweens.

joined Jan 8, 2014

That pun holy shit

riiight!?? everyone else is over here with they're synopsis and yandere protests and cheers and im like.....

Kuma Shock! Garu-Garu ^_^

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nope. The wood carving of a bear catching a salmon is an Hokkaido typical souvenir.

last edited at Apr 27, 2017 3:03PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Nope. The wood carving of a bear catching a salmon is an Hokkaido typical souvenir.

You just have to ruin the fun, don't ya? Tsk tsk

last edited at Apr 27, 2017 8:28PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What, didn't you read the no fun allowed sign at the first page?

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

What, didn't you read the no fun allowed sign at the first page?

Are you trying to come between me and my fun of wild yuri fantasies?! @_@

E10f9c022a536625f862069b1c79b32f
joined Apr 22, 2013

I just realized the age gap isn't that big; it seems big because one was 13yo while the other is highschool girl. When you add >5 years into their age, suddenly it seems.... normal.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

no, yuzumori isn't 13 she's like 9.

Mimika is like seven years older at least. Which you know with enough time isn't too big of a deal but at those ages it kinda is

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

no, yuzumori isn't 13 she's like 9.

Mimika is like seven years older at least. Which you know with enough time isn't too big of a deal but at those ages it kinda is

That's something I keep thinking, there's this whole thing about how Mimika will keep loving the person that is Yuzumori, but what happens when Yuzumori changes who that person is? She hasn't even started puberty yet, which has enormous effects on personality. Little kids become almost entirely new people, with entirely different priorities and interests. Heck, even adults change a lot over time, if slower, and we're talking a kid who's going to live almost her entire lifespan over again before she even hits 18. The difference is all but guaranteed to be enormous. Would she even want that relationship any more when she "puts away childish things"?

Not that I expect the series to get into any of that, and basically treat Yuzumori like "Mimika's equal, but smol". But that's the writer brain for you, implications and alternate angles prey on you.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

That's something I keep thinking, there's this whole thing about how Mimika will keep loving the person that is Yuzumori, but what happens when Yuzumori changes who that person is? She hasn't even started puberty yet, which has enormous effects on personality. Little kids become almost entirely new people, with entirely different priorities and interests. Heck, even adults change a lot over time, if slower, and we're talking a kid who's going to live almost her entire lifespan over again before she even hits 18. The difference is all but guaranteed to be enormous. Would she even want that relationship any more when she "puts away childish things"?

Not that I expect the series to get into any of that, and basically treat Yuzumori like "Mimika's equal, but smol". But that's the writer brain for you, implications and alternate angles prey on you.

That's definitely a big thing. It'd be nice to see Yuzumori-san get into that but I understand that it probably won't.

I'm also very interested in how sexual things will be handled. Cuz like that's complicated. I tend to project so maybe it wasn't the same for others but when I was Yuzumori's age I couldn't have understood sex or anything even if someone explained it to me. It was just something I couldn't parse. Looking at things from that perspective, I kinda hope Yuzumori isn't interested in sex stuff. You can still have her try and pursue those things from the angle of her trying to be more mature than she is and also wanting a way of sort of tying Mimika to her but I like the idea that she's just not ready to understand any of that stuff. I think that would show an important awareness on the author's part.

Like I think Yuzumori-san can still be an enjoyable manga even if that stuff isn't the case but I guess I'd like it to be smarter in that way and I think it has the potential to be that smart of a manga.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, loads of really interesting stuff that could be touched on, whether you include sex in the package or not. Sex is certainly lurking in the background though, given it is loli genre. Loli with a penchant for deconstruction though, which opens the door for actually addressing thorny issues in a relatively light manner. I'm pretty sure this is an author who could handle that challenge.

Whether they do or not is a good question. Again, I'm not really expecting it or insisting they do.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

yandere loli???

joined Dec 28, 2016

yandere loli???

There's nothing in here that shows any hint of yandere. I'm not sure where people keep getting this idea. Possibly people are reading something into the English that isn't in the Japanese because the translation couldn't convey the entire meaning of the Japanese?

Yuzumori is describing the feeling that her heart is becoming so full of Mimika and she's scared of herself and how much this feeling is taking her over. She's scared that her feelings are taking her over and she wants to stay with Mimika so much she doesn't know how to deal with it. Basically, or its getting there anyway. No Yandere.

気がつかないうちに、心の中がこんなにもみみかでいっぱいになってて、時々こわくてたまらなくなる。

Alternate TL: Without realizing it, my heart has become filled with [thoughts of] Mimika, and sometimes [how overcome I am by Mimika] scares me.

Specifically, in the Japanese the "being scared" is a chain verb on the concept of nounization of "being filled with Mimika" and it being unbearable is connected to both of those, the fear and being filled up with Mimika are unbearable.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 1:36AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

this is like yuri version of kodomo no jikan.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Any news on this manga? :(

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The new chapter is out today

http://yawaspi.com/yuzumori/comic/023_001.html

Where we learn that Yuzimori-san has abandonment issues (who knew?)

last edited at May 14, 2017 1:52PM by Nezchan

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Use spoilers please

The new chapter is absolutely great tho, I really like how their relationship develops.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

As for the age, I am baffled too, because normally in Yuri we want the main couple to be together and kiss etc.
But this is just a no to me for the ages they are now.
Also if this was het and Mimika a guy, wouldn't it make things more awkward when he would want to touch Yuzumiri, just like Mimika feels now?

Anyway, I'm not complaining or anything, I find the story cute but I really prefer them staying like this for the time being.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Really love that author is not rushing their relationship. It's nice to see them together happily

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

...some stuff happens, then...
"-Don't go..."
squeeze
"I'm not going anywhere.
"It's all right,
"Because we're together."
(dreaming)
"Don't go.
"Don't go off and leave me."
"I'm not going anywhere."
(wakes up)
...some more stuff happens...

I'd say that's pretty strong stuff.

last edited at May 14, 2017 6:33PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Also if this was het and Mimika a guy, wouldn't it make things more awkward when he would want to touch Yuzumiri, just like Mimika feels now?

This is the litmus test I use for yuri. If the protagonist (or love interest) were male, would I still agree with their decisions? Would I still be interested in what they're doing? Would it still be a good story?

last edited at May 14, 2017 10:55PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This is the litmus test I use for yuri. If the protagonist (or love interest) were male, would I still agree with their decisions? Would I still be interested in what they're doing? Would it still be a good story?

In many cases, I can confidently say "No. Definitely not," but, honestly, I don't really care beyond just the acknowledgment that I'm a huge hypocrite. Take yuri incest, for example. I sure am glad that YuruYuri's Akane got gender-swapped because I would not want to read a story with an incestuous older brother. But... since it's an incestuous older sister, it's all good. Same goes for Candy Boy or... well, this thing.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

That's why I'm so hung up on this. If Mimika had the same character, made the same decisions, and simply had her gender flipped, I would still think it's an incredibly compelling story. Hell, I'd still support his relationship with Yuzumori as it currently stands. But that support would crumble the moment he crosses the line, and I put the same onus on female Mimika.

A lot of people rooting for the story now, the ones egging on a sexual encounter between the main couple, would ever give boy!Mimika a drop of sympathy.

last edited at May 14, 2017 11:41PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.