Forum › Going Off Course discussion

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

Telling other trans women they're shitty compared to "real" women, particularly telling that to women on this site who have already been super open about their struggles with self-loathing from internalized transphobia, is both vicious and super boring. I wish you could have contented yourself with just critiquing Futa, albeit a terf's critique of futa, and left out the tedious judgment of trans women for not hating themselves enough. Ugh, this was a bad call Cryssoberyl.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 5:13AM

joined Oct 3, 2014

Prefacing by saying I am by and large a cis woman.

Trans women are not "inferior" to "real" women. Doesn't matter if you're talking about pre-op, post-op, hrt, no hrt. A trans woman can feel individually inferior to an ideal of women that she holds, but that doesn't objectively equate to a blanket statement of inferiority of trans women at large. At most you can say at some point many or most people perceived trans women as "inferior" to "real" women, with perhaps varying degrees of "inferiority" based on the status of their genitals and hormones.

And I think that perception is changing. I wouldn't call it moral superiority, at least not from where I stand. I am simply glad for the change. Femininity and womanhood are not static universal inherent objective concepts. You can claim they are and build your argument from there, but many people (myself included) do not see it that way. I would leave it at that and not try to invalidate the lived experiences of any trans women from here and into the future.

Edit: Also I appreciate this thread. Maybe it's just me. I'm sorry people on multiple sides felt or were individually antagonized, but still I want to thank the people who wrote thoughtfully and Nezchan for not shutting that down.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 6:49AM

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

I'm not inferior to cis women. Never have been never will be. I truly pity you Cryssoberyl. I hope one day you learn to hate yourself and other trans women even a little bit less than you do right now. And Nevri, you saw someone saying trans women are inherently inferior to cis women and agreed with that person so frankly go fuck yourself.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Gender studies is a field in itself that people much smarter than us have have been pondering for decades. And they don't even all agree on everything.

You will not find the truth about femininity in a thread on Dynasty. And I doubt any of you holds that truth.

You hold your truth, built from experience and personal feelings. Trying to frame other people into that truth is akin to religious fanaticism.

Saki.-.the.player.full.1418900
joined Mar 21, 2015

Lain posted:

Also, a faceless woman paying for sex with an anime character, wtf?

Because faceless woman can't have sex with anime character in doujin. We need to gather and protect the rights of faceless women!

We get it, you like faceless trash and think it's "good" just because of that.
It doesn't change the fact that this doujin is garbage as a derivative work and what you like will never be part of the source material.
But I doubt you care, you're probably not even a fan of it and think it's ok to insult things you don't care about.

Oh sorry, i was more surprise a doujin when a female character from a serie had sex with a faceless woman.
We need a tag like ''sex with original character'' for the rares cases

100% Agreed, Dynasty may be ok with faceless shit but at least tag it so that people don't get forced to see it.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 7:53AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

nyanya posted:

Lain posted:

Because faceless woman can't have sex with anime character in doujin. We need to gather and protect the rights of faceless women!

It doesn't change the fact that this doujin is garbage as a derivative work and what you like will never be part of the source material.

1. I don't like faceless trash
  2. I don't think faceless trash is inherently better.
  3. Nobody argues or wants it to be part of canon. The definition of doujins is making shit up based on the source material.

We should change this thread name to "Assumptions" since it seems what everyone is doing.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I don't think I'd have said that on this forum one day, but if there was a subscribe button, Cryssoberyl, I think I would hit it.

Getting a head start on Nez, I don't think you should keep digressing like that, because this discussion will eventually be moderated.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 8:03AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't think I'd have said that on this forum one day, but if there was a subscribe button, Cryssoberyl, I think I would hit it.

Getting a head start on Nez, I don't think you should keep digressing like that, because this discussion will eventually be moderated.

Your avatar eventually reminds me that I put this as my wallpaper on my PC.

AOTS, even if it's not yuri.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 8:20AM

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

You missed the point Cryssoberyl was making, but since you were doing it since your few last posts, I'm not really surprised.

any point that starts with "trans women are inferior to women" is a bad point you stain on humanity

Saki.-.the.player.full.1418900
joined Mar 21, 2015

nyanya posted:

Lain posted:

1. I don't like faceless trash
  2. I don't think faceless trash is inherently better.
  3. Nobody argues or wants it to be part of canon. The definition of doujins is making shit up based on the source material.

We should change this thread name to "Assumptions" since it seems what everyone is doing.

Seeing someone defending something so obviously bad with jokes instead of an actual argument kinda leads to that, yeah...

"The definition of doujins is making shit up based on the source material."
No it isn't. Doujinshi means roughly "Self published Comic" and it can be anything from original works to derivative works.
As a derivative work, any person that knows the source material can judge it's quality as such. Any sane, non-biased and not deluded fan of the series will tell you that this work doesn't represent the source material at all.
But if you still think it does, you only need to prove where in the source material you can find the basis for this work (setting and characters, namely this faceless "character" you don't even know the name of).
Of course if this was an original work I wouldn't be having this conversation with you or anyone else...

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 8:21AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Here's something humankind will never achieve: For all people to 100 % agree on absolutely every subject there is.
But there is something that all of us can do and that is trying our best to treat each other with respect.

We all like to put a name or a label on things. But whatever that name may be. It's always hard to reduce something or someone to just that label. When someone says lesbian – for example – that's just one vague aspect of a complex human being because there are so many lesbians out there, with different looks, different tastes, different feelings and completely different backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints that live and have lived completely different lives. And I think it's fair enough to assume that it's the same for people of every “group” that we like to name.

So seeing people that share one of those very vague “labels” here fight each other over that very aspect is something that is kinda heartbreaking to see...
We all seek acceptance for being who and what we are but at the same time we find it so hard to accept others..

Since it's a given that people can't absolutely agree maybe it is best to just accept that we all are different in our very own way and to acknowledge that that is absolutely okay and we don't have to feel bad about what- or whoever we are or make others feel bad about themselves.
All we really can do is try to do our best to live a happy life and grant other people that very same right.

And now I'll just finish with a nice little song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErnMC7xokQ8
(^_-)v

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

#AnonForModerator2k17

joined Dec 10, 2014

I will never treat anyone with respect who says trans women are inferior to cis women. I will never treat anyone with respect who says trans women who haven't had genital surgery are "male". I'd sooner die.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I would close this thread if I could, because once in a while someone will come and say "lol X ain't Y" and we'll have 3 more pages going off course.

I agree with this, since the takes just keep getting hotter and hotter.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In face since there's so much hostility, not to mention a hell of a lot of ignorant takes that serve to do little but inflame, I actually am going to lock this thread, at least for the rest of the day.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

I'm re-opening this discussion now that everyone's had a bit of a chance to cool off for a day. I'm going to put my faith in you all that I won't be needing to again.

A few things, though. From here forward, unless some definite word comes from the author, please restrict discussion to the story and art of the doujin. While there was some good conversation here on trans and other topics, at the very best they were tangential to the actual story and I'd like us to stay on topic for a while if we could. The same applies to takes about what being trans is or isn't, the nature of futa, and so forth. If you want to discuss the tags for those, you should be doing so in the discussions for the tags in the first place. As to the discussion of general trans issues not related to the tag, I'm not sure a manga forum us really the best venue for that. This has been going on long enough I imagine everyone's said their piece already.

I'd really rather not start deleting stuff, but that's a measure I'm willing to take to keep things flowing properly.

joined Jan 17, 2014

Omg, a day or 2 I dont check the comment section and its mostly filled with arguments. Thank gosh that over :)

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

This discussion did go really off course heh? See what I did there. Ha ha ha....

I want to see more You and older rich sugar momma lady but I don't think that's gonna be a good thing, maybe not a good thing. Anyway, it seems You has some existential crisis? Ha, getting laid sure help alot.

Tumblr_pcncujlobx1vjy21go6_250
joined Apr 13, 2014

@ cowyouto

The art on the front cover reminds me a lot of a different series character (but i can't remember what it was)

First thing that comes to my mind is Haruko from FLCL:

(https://akibento-leadnationmedia.netdna-ssl.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/external/EQ3HmfdhPBL4V6XMneNAYrbvlmbV9yJN.jpg)

http://i.imgur.com/lWQ6H5I.png

Nah that wasn't it, I think i'm just going crazy tbh. If I'm not its a series/oneshot on DR. :9

Could you be thinking of Pito's series Her Pet?

Super old but that was it, thanks!

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 9:49AM by Nezchan

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

I read this doujin on the day it came out, and somehow I never got to leaving a comment. Came back almost 2 years later and noticed the amount of pages, like yikes.

Anyways I'm here to say that this is still one of my favorite trans related doujins on the site and I read it once in a while. I really hope she encounters that lady again.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I read this doujin on the day it came out, and somehow I never got to leaving a comment. Came back almost 2 years later and noticed the amount of pages, like yikes.

Anyways I'm here to say that this is still one of my favorite trans related doujins on the site and I read it once in a while. I really hope she encounters that lady again.

Well, in reality is showed in some twits that PITO deleted (he does that pretty much with almost all his drawings to reupload them or just don't reupload them) is showed that You wasnted to fuck that lady because she resembled Riko. After seeing Riko, but how You can't have her, she goes crazy and masturbating didn't help her, so she tried to call the lady again to calm down the urges to fuck Riko, but because of Chika she lost the contact info (you can checked it in the last page) so, well xDDDD it's a little sad, but she won't encounter the lady again

Comment section is pretty shit on this one. Do not read it you may lose a few brain cells.

joined Jan 4, 2021

Pero si es Pito!!! XDDD Nah cómo olvidar al best autor dueño de mis más grandes traumas con Joy

joined Jan 4, 2021

So... If she's trans why the heck is tagged like futa(???

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

People fighting over a drawing :'))

To reply you must either login or sign up.