Forum › The Girl I Admire discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Why would you read what is essentially a hentai doujin with 24 pages and expects stellar writing and a moving love story?

I think it's because the author Ogino Jun had set a pretty high bar with his first series, Gamma, which did indeed have some amazing writing and not one but two well-written love stories. This is the reason why some readers, including me, were/are hoping for another story from him that combines an interesting setting and quirky but believable characters with lots of over-the-top action, postmodern references, and plain ol' sexiness just as well as Gamma did. Unfortunately for us (i.e. for people who expected more of the same), Ogino's most recent works increasingly focused on the sexiness part -- in his very particular lolicon yuri way -- to the exclusion of everything else.

While it is the indisputable right of every author to pursue the topics in their fiction that they want to explore, rather than what their (non-paying) readers want, I am still a little disappointed by the direction Ogino has apparently taken since 2015. I do have hope, however, that he is just taking a sabbatical after what must have been a rather stressful first major project for him, before returning to and improving upon his earlier style and work.

joined Dec 3, 2014

Why would you read what is essentially a hentai doujin with 24 pages and expects stellar writing and a moving love story?

I think it's because the author Ogino Jun had set a pretty high bar with his first series, Gamma, which did indeed have some amazing writing and not one but two well-written love stories. This is the reason why some readers, including me, were/are hoping for another story from him that combines an interesting setting and quirky but believable characters with lots of over-the-top action, postmodern references, and plain ol' sexiness just as well as Gamma did. Unfortunately for us (i.e. for people who expected more of the same), Ogino's most recent works increasingly focused on the sexiness part -- in his very particular lolicon yuri way -- to the exclusion of everything else.

While it is the indisputable right of every author to pursue the topics in their fiction that they want to explore, rather than what their (non-paying) readers want, I am still a little disappointed by the direction Ogino has apparently taken since 2015. I do have hope, however, that he is just taking a sabbatical after what must have been a rather stressful first major project for him, before returning to and improving upon his earlier style and work.

I still think people take what is essentially a fetish hentai manga a little bit too seriously though.

It was being published in a hentai magazine, it is ridden with hentai trope, the author didn't even try to make bullshit excuse for the relationship, overall everything is there is just to lead readers to the sex.

Still, I think the only excuse of Ogino not having another shounen at the moment is guy just wants to draw lesbians making out, or no editor from average shounen mag can withstand his crazy love for yuri. His editor probably doesn't want so much yuri and yet he refuses to tone it down. Remember, Gamma was published in Jump SQ, a major shounen mag (with only a few of its works are NSFW), yet Ogino was still trying to squeeze yuri, LEWD yuri in every major corners possible. And even now when he draws H he would only draws Yuri.

Well but similar to you, I hope he will calm down after sometime and manage to churn out another action pack series though. Man's art is just too good.

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 1:35PM

Doctoraaaaaa
joined Apr 14, 2015

well this was...something...I guess the tags say it all, was hoping to be reverse tho

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

We're talking there about a one-shot that had nsfw rape lots of sex and lolicon. That frankly wasn't a combinaison that had much chance to lead to some deep story, no matter the author. I checked it myself because Ogino Jun's art, but never expected more than some smut focused on rape and that's pretty much what it delivered, as advertised.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Pretty good

'Mind Break´ tag can be added

Also:

Male reporting in.

Boner: Achieved.

Rating: 2/5 stars

Great art and setup. Horrible story. I'm not here for the boner anyways.

Wow, you know you guys are really started to sound really creepy. Even for a guy.

Like those weirdo nerds in yuri manga O.o

I think depraved would suit me more. Though that's not typically the face I show on this site.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I read this before checking the tags.

I learned my lesson, LOOL.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I still think people take what is essentially a fetish hentai manga a little bit too seriously though.

It was being published in a hentai magazine, it is ridden with hentai trope, the author didn't even try to make bullshit excuse for the relationship, overall everything is there is just to lead readers to the sex.

and

We're talking there about a one-shot that had nsfw rape lots of sex and lolicon. That frankly wasn't a combinaison that had much chance to lead to some deep story, no matter the author. I checked it myself because Ogino Jun's art, but never expected more than some smut focused on rape and that's pretty much what it delivered, as advertised.

I am not complaining about the manga itself -- in fact, it was very well-drawn for a hentai. I am rather lamenting the fact that its existence is a sign of Ogino's talent being spent on those tags you listed instead of on Action, Comedy, Superhero, and whatever else his crazy mind can come up with.

I guess what I'm saying is, there is a metric crapton of manga out there with all or most of the tags that TGIA has, but only two that have Superhero Yuri, and that's a damn shame.

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 3:10PM

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

I don't even know how I should feel to be honest, I didn't like, but neither did I dislike it. I was expecting smth really bad or even fcked up, since I'm more the softcore Yuri type, girls being "lovey-dovey", but it really didn't hit me as hard, like whatever everyone likes smth else. Imo it's no match against smth like flower picking, which really disturbed me back then.(No offense to people who like it, it just really fcked me mentally) Im probably hardened up ._.;

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 3:19PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

HeiAli posted:

why not add women don't poop also?

When even an /s tag isn't enough.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

On the title page I had to double check that this wasn't an Asagi Ryuu work. All the elements seemed to be there. However, it quickly became clear that one of the most important hallmarks of Asagi's works - the mutual attraction and passion leading into genuine romance - was absent.

Thanks anyway, TTK.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I am not complaining about the manga itself -- in fact, it was very well-drawn for a hentai. I am rather lamenting the fact that its existence is a sign of Ogino's talent being spent on those tags you listed instead of on Action, Comedy, Superhero, and whatever else his crazy mind can come up with.

I guess what I'm saying is, there is a metric crapton of manga out there with all or most of the tags that TGIA has, but only two that have Superhero Yuri, and that's a damn shame.

That's Ogino's choice. If you ever checked their pixiv, you'd realize that they love their hentai very much and there's a good chance that if Gamma wasn't all that nsfw, it was because their editor said nope to it.

A lot of manga authors make a good amount (or a lot) of hentai even while working on perfectly cute and sfw mangas. Dynasty, much like many other readers, use tags to give people an overall idea as to the content of a doujin or series. Best policy is to avoid tags you're not comfortable with, no matter who's the author.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I decided to take this as something funny, because this can't be taken seriously.

Even before I read the comments, I knew some people would be triggered and complain about rape and mindbreak, etc...

But this is so over the top and the author use so much hentai tropes, it just becomes a satire.

My exact thoughts. Rather than feeling appalled by it like most of the commenters, I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous this was while reading it. Good read imo.

The art is good as well. Those thighs and tittays are godlike.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. Seeing the tags I already knew what to expect and read it since it was from Ogino Jun. If you follow Ogino Jun, you already know his nsfw stuff can get pretty trashy so this didn't disappoint haha.

Already knowing what he is capable of from Gamma, this really did just seem like a "lol I wanna write the most overtop lolicon, rape, mind break yuri hentai today and let's see if it sells." He obviously didn't spend a lot of time to make the most amazing hentai ever and it was so full of hentai tropes, it's hard to take it seriously haha.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That's Ogino's choice. If you ever checked their pixiv, you'd realize that they love their hentai very much and there's a good chance that if Gamma wasn't all that nsfw, it was because their editor said nope to it.

A lot of manga authors make a good amount (or a lot) of hentai even while working on perfectly cute and sfw mangas. Dynasty, much like many other readers, use tags to give people an overall idea as to the content of a doujin or series. Best policy is to avoid tags you're not comfortable with, no matter who's the author.

This is definitely true. If anything, Ogino's recent work output is just him indulging on the stuff they've always want to draw since the start. You can actually see how Gamma got progressive lewder as it went on.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Thanks anyway, TTK.

Again, it should really be credited as /u/ scanlations since it was a TL thread effort

joined Jul 26, 2014

This was hot but i kinda got turned off when the little girl started to enjoy it.. should've just stayed non consensual throughout the entire story.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This was hot but i kinda got turned off when the little girl started to enjoy it

What the....

That's really creepy

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

This was hot but i kinda got turned off when the little girl started to enjoy it.. should've just stayed non consensual throughout the entire story.

Can I please report this person to police?

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

^

You have my permission :P

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Already knowing what he is capable of from Gamma, this really did just seem like a "lol I wanna write the most overtop lolicon, rape, mind break yuri hentai today and let's see if it sells." He obviously didn't spend a lot of time to make the most amazing hentai ever and it was so full of hentai tropes, it's hard to take it seriously haha.

It'd be great if this was just an experiment in audacity, as you described. :-) My only fear is that if this hentai gig pays off and Ogino settles into this particular groove, we'll never see another Gamma, which I'd very much like to see... I'm just saying that I don't want another Sudoo Kaoru story (though Sudoo's case was compounded by health issues, which Ogino hopefully never experiences).

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 3:00AM

The lesbian lolicon rapist doesn't seem to love the lil girl for real. She just happened to be a young girl living next door, perfect for her fetish. When the girl grows into an adult, i guess the lolicon goes for another child.... i don't like it

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

I don't even know if I can take the manga seriously, it almost seems like satire, to be honest. If it was genuine, my only gripe would be that the younger girl seemed really into it (a lot of what she implied 91st the beginning was that she liked Megumi in at least some sort of way other than friends) but they still called it rape? That was weird and felt forced. But it ends up not mattering anyway. Lol, 18 hours

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I don't even know how I should feel to be honest, I didn't like, but neither did I dislike it. I was expecting smth really bad or even fcked up, since I'm more the softcore Yuri type, girls being "lovey-dovey", but it really didn't hit me as hard, like whatever everyone likes smth else. Imo it's no match against smth like flower picking, which really disturbed me back then.(No offense to people who like it, it just really fcked me mentally) Im probably hardened up ._.;

I had to go and check that out... I think this one here is worse than that one... but maybe only cos of the lack of violence in "flower picking" eh still didn't like either but now I can say I read both!

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

That escalated quick. And LMAO, it's so many funny comments I can't quote em all.

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 4:01PM

Tumblr_madda8svpi1rf3rn4o1_500
joined Jul 6, 2016

Reading this again and going through the comments, I'm almost convinced this is meant to be satire of hentai XD

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 4:36PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

This was hot but i kinda got turned off when the little girl started to enjoy it

What the....

That's really creepy

creepy doesn't come close to describe how psycho the comment was. This person obviously needs to be on the police radar lmao. Lets just hope he/she was just trolling...

To reply you must either login or sign up.