Forum › Beloved L discussion

Url-2
joined Dec 22, 2015

ok damn i want more. the art is amazing and so far it looks good as.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

aaa so glad that this is getting uploaded here too

Cat
joined Jan 21, 2015

The art is absolutely gorgeous. The characters don't look remotely Chinese though, lol.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Why does such great art and decent writing have to be squandered on such a large age gap... I just. I can't get into that. She's only 16 and going through some real tough shit and is very, very vulnerable right now and doctor gal over here is more than twice her age guys :C Give this child a parental figure, please. Not a desperation romance.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Why does such great art and decent writing have to be squandered on such a large age gap... I just. I can't get into that. She's only 16 and going through some real tough shit and is very, very vulnerable right now and doctor gal over here is more than twice her age guys :C Give this child a parental figure, please. Not a desperation romance.

I don't know how to resolve your problem, but I will say that 16 years old is the age of consent in some countries so it's not totally abhorrent to think of it as adult-like. Probably not China though? Also I agree that I dislike the grooming or parental context a lot of age gap stories have, but I can also compartmentalize past that and just enjoy it as a romance story. It's better not to think about how it would translate into reality- just think of it as a personality dynamic between two equals.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The art is absolutely gorgeous. The characters don't look remotely Chinese though, lol.

In all seriousness, I was just thinking that Wei strongly resembles a Chinese friend of mine, especially how she's drawn at the top of page 4 chapter 4. Of course manga characters rarely look like normal humans.

Severa%20icon
joined Sep 3, 2016

holy frick this is gorgeous.

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

Ooooh the art it simply fantastic!! <3 :3

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I DEMAND MORE

joined Jan 6, 2014

well fuck i am pissed. this artist is so good. i mean, it's not easy to have such simple panels be that erotic. damn now i have another artist to aspire to. as for the story so far, this particular blend it my cup of tea.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Meikakuna posted:

By 'barely 16' do they mean 'just barely 16' or '15'? If it's the latter, this comic did an amazing job of being engaging despite having a really messed up age gap. I'm looking forward to more of this since it kept me interested right from the start. I also like how the sexual scenes were done as they were hinted rather being exploitative, all while still being very clear as to what's going on. The art is gorgeous and the characters are interesting. I need more!

The way you say it makes it look like 16 it's okay but 15 = HOLY SHIT!!!! But I do love it, she wasn't interested because she was underage but because she found her beautiful

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Meikakuna posted:

By 'barely 16' do they mean 'just barely 16' or '15'? If it's the latter, this comic did an amazing job of being engaging despite having a really messed up age gap. I'm looking forward to more of this since it kept me interested right from the start. I also like how the sexual scenes were done as they were hinted rather being exploitative, all while still being very clear as to what's going on. The art is gorgeous and the characters are interesting. I need more!

The way you say it makes it look like 16 it's okay but 15 = HOLY SHIT!!!! But I do love it, she wasn't interested because she was underage but because she found her beautiful

Except the way it's presented in the actual comic makes it 16, but she only had her birthday within the past month or so. So she's a lot closer to 15 than 17.

Jo
joined Mar 20, 2014

That's such a nice artwork ! :O
And the story looks great too

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

They look like D.Va and Mercy

Yya%20background
joined Feb 2, 2015

Meikakuna posted:

The age of consent in my country is 16 and while I give myself more leeway for accepting fictional age gaps with someone under 16, I feel less comfortable about a 15 years old or younger person being with someone over 30, even if it is fictional.

There's definitely a debate to be had about the age of consent and this is my perspective (I am aware of my own cultural biases, but they're kinda hard to escape). I also like that she liked her for her rather than just because of their age gap. That should also provide a lot of great drama in the future since the woman is worried about her feelings.

Yya%20background
joined Feb 2, 2015

Meikakuna posted:

Except the way it's presented in the actual comic makes it 16, but she only had her birthday within the past month or so. So she's a lot closer to 15 than 17.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for the clarification!

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

This is just what I needed. So, so good.
I also like the mention of Maoism and Marxism just because it's something that, oddly enough, I've never seen mentioned in any of the other yuri stories that take place in China. Really helps ground it early on.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hmmm . . . Personal disclosure here. When I was 24, for a year and some I went out with a girl who was 16. It's not as big an age gap as this, but I was in the work force with a degree and she was in high school with an alcoholic family.
And you know, it did us both good. She taught me some things about unbending and learning to socialize and have some fun, since I was and am a nerd. From hanging with me and getting to know my university-type friends and whatnot she got access to a less dysfunctional culture and spent some time being valued and treated positively, gained some confidence and a better view of some goals, and I helped her get out of her mom's place. If I hadn't been there for her, it is frankly unlikely she'd have graduated high school, much less gotten a nursing degree and gone on to, last I checked her Facebook, a pretty positive, happy, grounded life. And we had some good times and some good sex and made each other happier.
Sure, there was a mentoring element, and I was a refuge from her alcoholic ignorant sometimes-borderline-abusive relatives and step-relatives. It wasn't a precisely equal relationship. But so what? Both the actual times we spent together and the outcome of being together were great for both of us. I had the greater leverage; in theory I could have used it to be controlling, to break her down, and it's true this is a serious risk in an unequal relationship--but in point of fact I didn't, I used it to strengthen her and build her up. If my wife didn't have a tendency to be a bit jealous, we'd be friends to this day.
In physics, theory is pretty reliable and maps are amazingly territory-like. In human relationships, theory is more like . . . guidelines, which have spotty application to specific cases.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh for fuck's sake.

No the whining and frothing at the mouth of people about age gap again and "OMG she's a minor, she should only have sex with someone close in age, or better yet, wait 18. Or even 21. Or until she's married".

This is tiring and just makes a blanket witch-hunt on all age gap stories, even though some of them are really well thought out and beautiful. If you want to complain about age gap, go comment on Oshikko Sensei.

This is not a story condoning to sleep with a 16yo when you're 30something. The main character here is perfectly aware that it was a mistake and thought she was older. She was never in a position of authority over her, and the girl is at the age of consent of most countries. End of debate about the age gap.

I can see a trajectory in that story where both the woman and the girl heal and mend each other, through mutual attraction first and genuine love eventually. They already slept together. What's done is done. And I think the doctor isn't going to repeat that mistake.

Also, gorgeous art.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 2:17PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It's a complicated issue. But I was 16 just a few years ago, and I can tell you that it would have been totally messed up for me to be in a relationship with an adult woman the way I was then. Just nowhere near the level of maturity required to make that work, and the same was true of all my friends. That's not to say that that sort of relationship couldn't work or to invalidate the feelings of people who have made it work, but I do think the guideline is reasonable considering what stage of development most 16 year olds are in. That said, I personally don't have any problem with age gap relationships in fiction unless they're shown to be a problem.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 2:19PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh for fuck's sake.

No the whining and frothing at the mouth of people about age gap again and "OMG she's a minor, she should only have sex with someone close in age, or better yet, wait 18. Or even 21. Or until she's married".

This is tiring and just makes a blanket witch-hunt on all age gap stories, even though some of them are really well thought out and beautiful. If you want to complain about age gap, go comment on Oshikko Sensei.

This is not a story condoning to sleep with a 16yo when you're 30something. The main character here is perfectly aware that it was a mistake and thought she was older. She was never in a position of authority over her, and the girl is at the age of consent of most countries. End of debate about the age gap.

I can see a trajectory in that story where both the woman and the girl heal and mend each other, through mutual attraction first and genuine love eventually. They already slept together. What's done is done. And I think the doctor isn't going to repeat that mistake.

Also, gorgeous art.

I agree 100%. It's annoying when people claim you should disregard the themes of a story because it focuses on an age gap couple. There doesn't seem to be anything predatory whatsoever about the relationship here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh for fuck's sake.

You, ah, seem to be the one who's doing the biggest freak-out here. Perhaps switch to decaf?

F1rstcl4ssn00b
joined Jan 26, 2016

They look like D.Va and Mercy

Now that you say it... They do resemble the overwatch characters.
Dva is 19 and mercy is 37
The girl in question is 16 and the woman is 34.
So.. It's basically moved back 3 years.

.. Might be inspired? Like a fan fic adapted into OC?

Putting the fact that 16 is when you shouldn't be dating if you're feeling messed up and suicidal with strained relationship with family (just so you learn to survive without attempting unhealthy relationship and dependencies), aside.

SHES HER AUNT RIGHT, DOESNT THAT MAKE THIS INCEST? Age gap, ok. Puberty, uh ok. BUT INCEST? How many tags does the author want?

Nice art. And storytelling. I hope the storyteller completes this one :)

joined May 7, 2015

The art is so nice!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

SHES HER AUNT RIGHT, DOESNT THAT MAKE THIS INCEST? Age gap, ok. Puberty, uh ok. BUT INCEST? How many tags does the author want?

Psst...she lied so the hospital would let her see the girl.

To reply you must either login or sign up.