Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Relax
joined Sep 7, 2016

Guys Happy Sugar Life needs your help!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11215612

Damnit, I really don't want to wait... but I'm also a broke and unemployed college student. What should we do?

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Do we have a rough estimate on how long a volume would take to come out?

I don't mind waiting, but if we go with the magazine option instead for popular consensus, I would be okay with donating towards that.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yanderes to the power of two.. or three, or four...

This can't end well.

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 12:28PM

joined Dec 26, 2015

Do we have a rough estimate on how long a volume would take to come out?

I don't mind waiting, but if we go with the magazine option instead for popular consensus, I would be okay with donating towards that.

Amazon jp says that the 4th volume be out on the 22th of November.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Maybe it's just me, but I have the feeling that everybody

Is pedo for Shio-chan

and/or

Yandere for Shio-chan

Maybe :D

joined Apr 27, 2015

i kinda have this morbid curiosity about how sato got into the person's home and murdered them.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

i kinda have this morbid curiosity about how sato got into the person's home and murdered them.

I think it's just her abusive aunt's house, and the dead person is her, not sure.

Img_2661
joined Dec 23, 2015

O____O

joined Jul 22, 2016

I was scared at first in the beginning of this new chapter that we'd finally find out who was the one Sato killed.
Ah, but, Sato-chan is scary. This manga is scary. Even though everyone is so cute. Haha.

Also, I kind of like Sato's friend character person. Poor her, getting caught up in that.

joined Feb 15, 2013

The author was trying to trick us into thinking that Sato was confessing her murder. Which admittedly on hindsight very out of character for her. No wonder It felt kinda weird that Satou admitted her "sin" so easy

Cheating on the one she loved however is new to her. Hence the over-dramatic confession.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I can't help but shake my head each time I read a new chapter, as if I'm trying to vehemently deny something but I'm not sure what.
I was completely led to believe that Sato was going to confess about the murder, but I also thought that was weird for her to suddenly grow a conscious lol Thinking that her "cheating" was a huge sin however is very much like Sato... and it's frightening that I already have the gist of her character.

I'm starting to think Shio-chan is letting off some sort of pheromone that makes people crazy about her o.O, actually no, I've thought that for awhile now, but with more and more people falling for her "angelic cuteness" I can't help but think it only cements my theory haha

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Shio is obviously a Tomie-style mutant who drives everyone around her mad with possessive desire.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

The author was trying to trick us into thinking that Sato was confessing her murder. Which admittedly on hindsight very out of character for her. No wonder It felt kinda weird that Satou admitted her "sin" so easy

That really surprised me as well. Started laughing when I finally realized what she was "confessing". But it makes sense. To Satou, saying she loves someone other than Shio is way worse than murder. Notice how miserable she was after her encounter with Suu (washing her mouth out, freaking out, hallucinating her aunt, etc.), but when she gouged the eyes out of those fools in the park in chapter 7, she was back to her regular, cheerful self right away.

I liked this chapter because it shows that Satou isn't sociopathic. She was so haunted by the guilt of "betraying her love" that she forced herself to confess, even though she was afraid it would make Shio hate her. One of Anti-Social Personality Disorder's key indicators is the absence of this same kind of remorse. Thus, she has a moral system and feels empathy, just in a very selective, alien way. At the same time, she might understand how to manipulate people who are guided by their selfish desires, but she has very little insight into Shio.

joined May 24, 2014

For some reason I believe that lou reed's "perfect day" would be a perfect match for this manga

21294649_1973051396268417_6602197588240236544_n
joined Jun 7, 2015

I wish we could see more about the murder.
Nobody give's a fuck about Sato's aunt missing?!
And her ex's dead too!

prettyneighbour
__irizaki_mei_and_tateishi_shima_high_school_fleet_drawn_by_tsuyuki_yukitgraph__20146f3ad1ae9743a6b68c04e04af16f%20small
joined Jun 28, 2014

Not sure which of you is this guy. But good work, we need more yuri fan's youtube channels ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7iHAUfq8WE

Oh, that's me :) Thanks for your support!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

schuyguy posted:

That really surprised me as well. Started laughing when I finally realized what she was "confessing". But it makes sense. To Satou, saying she loves someone other than Shio is way worse than murder. Notice how miserable she was after her encounter with Suu (washing her mouth out, freaking out, hallucinating her aunt, etc.), but when she gouged the eyes out of those fools in the park in chapter 7, she was back to her regular, cheerful self right away.

I liked this chapter because it shows that Satou isn't sociopathic. She was so haunted by the guilt of "betraying her love" that she forced herself to confess, even though she was afraid it would make Shio hate her. One of Anti-Social Personality Disorder's key indicators is the absence of this same kind of remorse. Thus, she has a moral system and feels empathy, just in a very selective, alien way. At the same time, she might understand how to manipulate people who are guided by their selfish desires, but she has very little insight into Shio.

It really just seems like Sato's psychologically fucked up because of her aunt but really just wants nothing more than what anyone else wants; to be happy. Just in her case that seems to be tied directly to Shio. Honestly I kinda feel sorry for her more than anything so far.

I am really curious about how she ended up with Shio though. And despite the fact Shio's considered missing it doesn't really seem like she misses her family at all so I'm kinda curious about that too.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch11#7 she open her mouth but the words wont come out shes choking how everybody is joking now the clocks run out times up over blow Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch11#7 she open her mouth but the words wont come out shes choking how everybody is joking now the clocks run out times up over blow Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity

You made me seriously just laugh at this chapter. Just, thank you

Fork%20u
joined Oct 5, 2016

Hadn't read this in a while since loli and yandere ain't my normal likes but I do love the extremes in emotions... so twisted lol

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It really just seems like Sato's psychologically fucked up because of her aunt but really just wants nothing more than what anyone else wants; to be happy. Just in her case that seems to be tied directly to Shio. Honestly I kinda feel sorry for her more than anything so far.

I am really curious about how she ended up with Shio though. And despite the fact Shio's considered missing it doesn't really seem like she misses her family at all so I'm kinda curious about that too.

Me too.... I was so hoping we'd find out in this chapter, but it ended up being hilarious, so I forgive the author.

My personal theory is that Satou is just perpetuating the natural cycle of lesbian lolicon yanderes. When the time comes, Shio will murder Satou and find her own abused loli to rescue and cherish, just as Satou did before her, and Satou's "aunt" before her, going back for generations. It's simply the circle of life.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Me too.... I was so hoping we'd find out in this chapter, but it ended up being hilarious, so I forgive the author.

My personal theory is that Satou is just perpetuating the natural cycle of lesbian lolicon yanderes. When the time comes, Shio will murder Satou and find her own abused loli to rescue and cherish, just as Satou did before her, and Satou's "aunt" before her, going back for generations. It's simply the circle of life.

Except, from what we've seen, Satou was never very receptive to her aunt's form of love. So I'm not sure the situations are going to end up too, too similar, since Shio seems more receptive to Satou. Which makes me wonder what it means that "Satou's love was awakened by her aunt," if she never felt these feelings until she met Shio.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Except, from what we've seen, Satou was never very receptive to her aunt's form of love. So I'm not sure the situations are going to end up too, too similar, since Shio seems more receptive to Satou. Which makes me wonder what it means that "Satou's love was awakened by her aunt," if she never felt these feelings until she met Shio.

Oh yes. I just like to think about that for fun. It's very unlikely that things are heading in that direction, there'd be all sorts of awkward details in the way.

I also wonder about what that line meant, and what her aunt was like. It could be that she first felt love for something her aunt exposed her to. Or that her aunt taught her some lesson about love. Or that she felt love for her aunt but later made herself forget. More contradictory evidence: the aunt she imagines seems to be both her guide and her tormentor - "showing her the way" to deal with Suu-chan, but also criticizing her love for Shio-chan. That may or may not be how her aunt was in life (I tend to assume she's dead), since when Satou hears another person's voice inside her head, she's just hearing her mind's reflection of them (though the author uses this technique quite liberally, and it might mean something different in the context of the story). But her reaction does indicate that her aunt had a profound and lasting impact on her, one way or another.

It's difficult to come up with any specific scenarios, since we simply know so little about Satou's past, and what we do know is suspect. It's become quite clear that the stories she tells about herself cannot be taken at face value. Not because she lies, but because the truth she knows is so skewed as to be sometimes unrecognizable.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 6:53PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

schuyguy posted:

More contradictory evidence: the aunt she imagines seems to be both her guide and her tormentor - "showing her the way" to deal with Suu-chan, but also criticizing her love for Shio-chan. That may or may not be how her aunt was in life (I tend to assume she's dead), since when Satou hears another person's voice inside her head, she's just hearing her mind's reflection of them (though the author uses this technique quite liberally, and it might mean something different in the context of the story). But her reaction does indicate that her aunt had a profound and lasting impact on her, one way or another.

This isn't really contradictory though. Abusive guardians are all too often like that. Both guide and tormentor. That's one of the reasons people who suffer through that sort of thing end up so messed up and likely to perpetuate it. Due to their own experiences they struggle to know what the proper methods are since that's all they've known. (This isn't talking only about sexual abuse btw, I'm including emotional and physical abuse.) Though people who have suffered abuse in that sort of capacity are also far more likely to go out of their way to try not to perpetuate the problem as well.

joined Dec 13, 2015

So that felt like a complete cop-out, although it does make more sense than her suddenly feeling guilty over, y'know, potentially having beaten someone to death and left the remains in a creepy ass locked room (what about the stench?? Or did she dispose of the body? I don't recall...)

Also, ARGH! Can we have a chapter in which Best Friend is NOT in danger or within the vicinity of all the crazy eyes???

To reply you must either login or sign up.