Forum › Citrus discussion

Lily%20season1
joined Feb 4, 2013

My thoughts are Mei does have feelings for Yuzu but it's all muddled up. Yuzu will most likely reject her. I'm hoping she would anyways as much as I would love a sexy scene. Then there will be another period of Mei avoiding/acting cold to Yuzu.
What I would like is for Yuzu to continue being there for Mei in her big sister mode and Mei actually falling for her all the while. If this actually happens, I suspect another love rival to appear but this time for Yuzu's affections. Perhaps her friend? It's a tired trope, though, so I hope this doesn't happen.

Actually that is not a bad idea... to use love rivals for further character development, it may help Mei grow as a person, to want something for herself that does not involve school specially now that she is looking to Yuzu for emotional support, and the love rival doesn't necessarily need to be a known friend it could be another rich ojou-sama transfer student, who has grown tired of the politics of proper lady etiquette and finds Yuzu interesting, and tries to get her attention...... well it could happen...
Shit, I can feel myself dying from Citrus cliffhangers
Yuzu might end up hugging Mei, and tell her that she will help Mei but not that way, but then again Yuzu breaks her horny every 3.5 sec when it comes to Mei.... so who knows

Dasdasdasdas
joined Aug 9, 2013

¿Queeeeeee?

Osea, esa forma tan simple y fría de proponerle un acto indecoroso es...es...
Bueno, no lo se, simplemente no fue lo que esperaba. En gran parte me decepcionó.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Yuzu might end up hugging Mei, and tell her that she will help Mei but not that way, but then again Yuzu breaks her horny every 3.5 sec when it comes to Mei.... so who knows

isn't this wonderful? we all have 2 months to speculate how the story will develop. Danggit, we need a poll so everyone can place their bets on different endings!!!

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

'I want you to need me, there are things you want to do with me, right?'

Saburouta really knows how to make a cliffhanger. Although i'm preparing that Yuzu WILL NOT have s*x with Mei. She's really have a steely control of herself, maybe some touching and kissing, but not beyond that.
If i'm Yuzu, i will as hell sure i'm gonna 'tell' her everything i want to do with her. Damn, Mei sure can drive people's sexual tension to the edge.

Ge
joined Feb 1, 2013

I love this manga so much
Especially the duo!!!

Flor18
joined Dec 6, 2013

yup! I love this series...very exciting!

joined Apr 3, 2013

Wow, for the first time, -Yuzu was freaking awesome.- (I mean, I liked her for various reasons before: an earnest, loveable thing.) But this chapter... I definitely liked her a lot. Best out of all my previous impressions.

I love characters who just decide to stop (however painful it feels) and rolls with it. She stood up for Momokino, and took charge of her relationship with Mei. Apologizing as a sister in forcing to go when she's sick, taking care of her without (at least not primarily from) lewd intentions. I respected that.

It was nice to see Mei's dad (finally, geez.) I also really like him for going and figuring out his life, stop being a hardass.

The refusal to touch is something I can relate to. So the ending got my heart pounding.
As usual, too quick. The chapter is too quickly over... ahaha. In any case, thanks to the scanlators and uploaders. <3

last edited at Dec 6, 2013 1:44PM

Nanoha Takamachi
joined Sep 1, 2013

Wowowowowowowowo WAT!?
This chapter can't end like this, c'mon guys!
I hope the next chapter will come soon (^-^)/

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

So after my wall of text up there I have to admit I'm pretty angry at Mei for trying to use her sister's sexual feelings to trap her, but I feel terrible for Mei because she has no life unless someone needs her or tells her what to do.

Kitty-Kit, if your explanation ends up being the storyline, then you deserve

a) a kit-kat (oooh, I could not help myself from saying it). and
b) an "explainer-of-the-year" award

Hahaha omg I can't help it I'm like a crazy analyzer, I can't really make any predictions or assumptions about story though because this author is predictable but really unpredictable at the same time. To be honest the only thing I'm good for is interpretation of vaguely stated facts and symbolism, it's like I'm an interpreter 24/7 it's just my nature.

last edited at Dec 7, 2013 2:53PM

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

NEED. TO. READ. MORE!!!!!
Can't wait for chapter 8

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

My thoughts are Mei does have feelings for Yuzu but it's all muddled up. Yuzu will most likely reject her. I'm hoping she would anyways as much as I would love a sexy scene. Then there will be another period of Mei avoiding/acting cold to Yuzu.
What I would like is for Yuzu to continue being there for Mei in her big sister mode and Mei actually falling for her all the while. If this actually happens, I suspect another love rival to appear but this time for Yuzu's affections. Perhaps her friend? It's a tired trope, though, so I hope this doesn't happen.

I completely agree with this! I'd rather have it this way. Especially since Mei's actions at the very moment aren't coming from a place of love, but sadness and need. Sure, I think Mei cares and somewhat likes Yuzu, but there's no clarity on her side about the romantic feelings. Like you mentioned, they're probably muddled. There's just too much going on in Mei's head. I want their love to be more functional. It would be a fantastic development to have Yuzu try to move on and be the big sister while Mei starts to realize her feelings for Yuzu, with an added rival for Yuzu's affection, we have a fantastic story.

I really respect Yuzu for trying to be mature. She was really awesome this chapter. I do hope Yuzu pushes Mei away because it would make for a sweeter story. I don't want to see a dysfunctional relationship based on Mei's manipulative but understandable actions of sadness and need. I want them to be together when they both are in complete clarity that they love one another romantically.

AHHHH. Now for the dreaded wait for the next short chapter. D:

last edited at Dec 8, 2013 9:06AM

joined Sep 28, 2013

I know that Yuzu will reject thia temptation as well, it was like last time when Mei forced herself at her and they got caught by her grandfather. I wanna see a sexy scene as well but knowing the style of the author, they might do it after a great conflict in their relationship or when they finally realize the "love" they have for each other. And yeah, I like your idea that Yuzu will continue her old sister thingy then Mei will genuinely fall for her. I wish for a conflict as well like Yuzu's friend confessing at her then Mei will hear it. Rivalry in love will allow Mei to realize her feelings for Yuzu, we know how Mei can be selfish for the thing she cares about. so yeah! push natin yang mga eksenang yan! haha

last edited at Dec 8, 2013 6:50PM

joined Sep 28, 2013

Actually that is not a bad idea... to use love rivals for further character development, it may help Mei grow as a person, to want something for herself that does not involve school specially now that she is looking to Yuzu for emotional support, and the love rival doesn't necessarily need to be a known friend it could be another rich ojou-sama transfer student, who has grown tired of the politics of proper lady etiquette and finds Yuzu interesting, and tries to get her attention...... well it could happen...

This will most likely happen, hehe... Yuzu will push her away and tell her that she will always be there for her no matter what. She can be lewd when it comes to Mei but her genuine love for her takes over when she sees the sad side of Mei.

joined Feb 18, 2013

After this chapter I'm looking forward to even more sexy scenes! ;P

Arr-pirate-lionfb
joined Sep 9, 2013

This series is just so freaken awesome! I wish it was once a month but oh well. I was skeptical at first seeing the pseudo incest tag. I like the art and countless drama. My favorite yuri couple here. Mei and Yuzu. Such hotness! Keep doing g what you do best Yuri Project. Finding the best Yuri. (Imo)

joined Dec 11, 2013

I really cannot wait for chapter 8 i kept repeating the story

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

First, I would like to thank Yuri Project for the translations. Because without them we won't be able to indulge in this awesome series~~ >whistles< Second, the characters reminds me of Marimite. o.o
Seriously, I am so thankful that I am a bit late of reading this or else I would suffer a lot of cliffhangers hahaha ^^
So much has changed with Yuri Hime that I can't tell what will happen next. I almost forgot that this title serialized from it. I'm not complaining though it's the opposite. I love it. A lot :3
And I enjoyed reading almost 600 comments hahah.. so much fun~
Thank you too Dynasty for making a reader now. I always look here for updates. ALL IN ONE YURI XDv
And for those that is suffering from the cliffhangers or just eagerly waiting for the next chappie, be glad, I tell ya be glad that Yuri Hime is not releasing seasonal anymore or else you would wait 4 months for one chapter plus the translation time hahah! Those days are much worst QwQ

joined Jul 18, 2013

Am I the only one thinking Kannazuki No Miko? (~-3-)~ The way Mei is reacting is driving me crazy and reminding me of Chikane Dx

Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

Going well so far

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

I can't wait for the next chap , this manga is so good.
By the way i know this my seem random but would you girls mind checking out, some manga from my scan group please!
http://goezvxwfjygekqbapg-isjphyi-bg8daa.blogspot.com/
so far we only have 5 series we are currently doing

p.s does anyone know how to draw really well?

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

Am I the only one thinking Kannazuki No Miko? (~-3-)~ The way Mei is reacting is driving me crazy and reminding me of Chikane Dx

Hmm I think it's different Kannazuki No Miko had a greed/love driven character who had all the knowledge and an innocent character who was naive.
Mei may be like Chikane because of her actions in the last couple pages, but I can't really find a good way to connect Yuzu to the other girl whose name escapes me right now.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

ummmm... I guess Yuzu is a bit like Himeko (that's her name Kitty_Kat). anyone, correct me if you this this is an inaccurate comparison, but:

**** general personality traits for both Yuzu/Himeko ****

• both are kind of airheads
  • Yuzu is very protective/caring towards Mei. Himeko is same towards Chikane
  • each has a moment where they feel compelled to put their significant others ' feelings/well being in front of their own desires
  • one could argue that physically Yuzu resembles Himeko, but I'd say that other than being blond and having healthy sized tatas (i.e. breasts), they do not really look alike.

• besides, Yuzu is rather loud and urusai (noisy) where Himeko is very quiet and almost mouse-like. however, over the course of KnoM, Himeko breaks out of her shell. In Citrus, I'm going out on a limb and saying that Yuzu is toning her "in-your-face", loud attitude down and becoming calmer (the opposite of Himeko).

well that's the way I see it. btw, I'm being lazy and decided to make general comparisons. however, a neat and fun exercise is to rewatch/reread KnoM (Kannazuki no Miko) and then compare/contrast Yuzu and Himeko for yourself.

DISCLAIMER: I'm usually full of sh%&$#*t so feel free to ignore, dispute or whatever floats your boat.

joined Jul 18, 2013

Hmm I think it's different Kannazuki No Miko had a greed/love driven character who had all the knowledge and an innocent character who was naive.
Mei may be like Chikane because of her actions in the last couple pages, but I can't really find a good way to connect Yuzu to the other girl whose name escapes me right now.

True but the way Mei keeps denying her feelings is driving me crazy. I love the story so far, but mei needs to stop being a little b**** and stop feeling sorry for herself. In that way she is like Chikane. Yuzu is trying to make her happy and she's being a jerk about it.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

When judging a book by it's cover totally applies... "It looks nice. LOOKS nice."

Story didn't phase me at all, so mindnumbing. Guess this is one I'll skim through the art when its done. =/

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

True but the way Mei keeps denying her feelings is driving me crazy. I love the story so far, but mei needs to stop being a little b**** and stop feeling sorry for herself. In that way she is like Chikane. Yuzu is trying to make her happy and she's being a jerk about it.

Mei and Chikane both have LEGIT reasons to feel sorry. Just imagine from birth this idea is drilled into your head that your life is supposed to be EXACTLY AS I SAY IT SHALL BE!!! and your father is your main example and he lives his life EXACTLY AS I SAY IT SHOULD BE ARRRGH!! and whoopty freakin' do the carpet is ripped from under your ASS and you a mere child have to take on this EXTREMELY TAXING AND STRESSFUL LIFESTYLE originally meant for your GROWN FUCKING FATHER who becomes a fucking hippie and abandons you CONSTANTLY to go weep about his own inadequacies as a father and a derp. So yeah that is a lot of stressful bullshit and the way Mei is reacting is actually how MANY other people would react.

Chikane was the reincarnation of a god who had to relive their life constantly MURDERING the only person they loved. Chikane having retained those horrible feelings and memories from the last life was burdened by the GUILT (huge stress causer) of the violent ritual. No it's been awhile since I read KnM but wasn't the entire story about how Chikane had to FORCE Himeko to MURDER HER!? this time???. Welllllll no wonder Chikane felt like shit the entire time how would you feel if you remembered that you idk killed your mother in a past life but your mother didn't know that and you had to make your mother sooooo angry at you that she would actually kill you. While I think Kannazuki no Miko is the most ridiculous thing I ever took the time to watch/read I can totally understand why the story is the way it is.

last edited at Dec 29, 2013 4:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.