Forum › Office Romance: Women's Division discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I doubt it's autobiographical. She does work a lot, we know that from her actual autobiographical comics, but also likes to get out and have fun. I can't see her being the "married to my job" type who'd choose work over a girlfriend.

I get the impression that there's a sort of pervasive in-joke among mangaka about what a bunch of shut-in lowlives they are. This seems like some sort of example of that.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Somehow missed all of this series other than the Honey and Mustard continuation, but it's really cute. Though regardless of their professional work, I'd be running for the hills if someone was planning our wedding in the beginning of a relationship lol...

Kind of seems like something she thinks about more precisely because she can't have one; if she could take for granted that one would happen if she wanted she probably wouldn't be obsessing on the idea. Although there's the work context too . . . if you're in a place where it's always in the air, I guess you'd start thinking, "How would we look in the customers' place?"

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Is there anything we can do to help lililicious? They put out some of the absolute best yuri and translations, but it's so few and far between releases.

We always, always, always need more graphics editors. So if you would like to help with editing, or can send more editors our way, that would be much appreciated.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I didn't know there was more of these two! jumps around like an idiot

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

disgusting manga
disgusting art style
drop

Im sorry for posting twice but is this trolling or just sarcasm?

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Somehow missed all of this series other than the Honey and Mustard continuation, but it's really cute. Though regardless of their professional work, I'd be running for the hills if someone was planning our wedding in the beginning of a relationship lol...

Kind of seems like something she thinks about more precisely because she can't have one; if she could take for granted that one would happen if she wanted she probably wouldn't be obsessing on the idea. Although there's the work context too . . . if you're in a place where it's always in the air, I guess you'd start thinking, "How would we look in the customers' place?"

That all makes sense. I'm sure it's also mostly just a plot/comedic point, definitely didn't ruin anything story-wise for me. I'm engaged now, but was never the little girl (or adult woman) that imagined her wedding and the dress and all that, whether it was before or after same sex marriage was legalized in the US.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Cue for the ex to show up now.

According to her side story, the ex already has a girlfriend and already briefly reappeared in her life. So she doesn't seem placed in a way to cause that sort of complications.

Uh? When is that shown? I re-read everything and there's no side story yet, maybe you're talking about untranslated stuff? (spoilers? lol)

Right here, it's been translated for quite a while now.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

disgusting manga
disgusting art style
drop

It seems to be their shtick. Very edgy, with just a frisson of hipster cynicism.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Do they sell hot strawberry milk in japan? Is that a thing?... Is it good?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

It's strawberries, so I'm willing to bet "yes".

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Do they sell hot strawberry milk in japan? Is that a thing?... Is it good?

Pretty sure what was hot was Saki's tea, and the milk was in her other hand. Not 100% sure though.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Morishima is a treasure!!
Alice is way too cute to be real. Hope that we got to see her and Saki in wedding dresses for real someday.

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Is there anything we can do to help lililicious? They put out some of the absolute best yuri and translations, but it's so few and far between releases.

We always, always, always need more graphics editors. So if you would like to help with editing, or can send more editors our way, that would be much appreciated.

Curses! I'm a copyeditor/proofreader by trade, not a photo editor.

Gaku gaku still needs QC'ing, I believe, so I'm planning on hitting up their board in December to get examples for a portfolio. Unless you guys could use that? But, Lililicious has the best damn editing out of all the yuri groups! I fear I would be no help.

If I run into anyone, or can find anyone, I'll send 'em your way.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Curses! I'm a copyeditor/proofreader by trade, not a photo editor.

Gaku gaku still needs QC'ing, I believe, so I'm planning on hitting up their board in December to get examples for a portfolio. Unless you guys could use that? But, Lililicious has the best damn editing out of all the yuri groups! I fear I would be no help.

We're all set with proofreaders/QCers right now, but I'll let you know if we need any in the future.

If I run into anyone, or can find anyone, I'll send 'em your way.

Thank you!

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

disgusting manga
disgusting art style
drop

It seems to be their shtick. Very edgy, with just a frisson of hipster cynicism.

A soupçon, if you will?

I liked these stories, but there's something about Akiko-sensei's artwork that hits the uncanny valley for me. The blonde make-up girl in chapter 2 or 3 really set my teeth on edge for some reason.

Still, the stories themselves were very sweet. And yes, more Adult Life is good.

Rsz_tumblr_n3y1mps9e11tr1hgao1_1280
joined Mar 16, 2017

I am kind of in love with this series. I am hoping this gets picked back up. :o I want to see more of the Office Romances! These are really cute stories and I am in love with the artwork style so I just want to see more of it.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I am kind of in love with this series. I am hoping this gets picked back up. :o I want to see more of the Office Romances! These are really cute stories and I am in love with the artwork style so I just want to see more of it.

Lililicious has not dropped this, they still lists this as a current project on their web site. Just be patient; I'm sure they'll release the next chapter exactly when they're ready.

last edited at Apr 9, 2017 1:54PM

joined Mar 16, 2017

Lililicious has not dropped this, they still lists this as a current project on their web site. Just be patient; I'm sure they'll release the next chapter exactly when they're ready.

I am being so. ^_^ I have no intention of causing a ruckus over something like them taking a while for the next chapter, they do a lot of translations. What I meant by picked back up was just that I am anxious because it was in September of last year the latest chapter came out, so I am just hoping its soon is all. But like I said, I'll be waiting for the day we get the next one. :D They happen to be one of my favorite translator groups, a lot of the things I pick up have been done by them. :)

By the by, your picture looks familiar, what series is it from? :o

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 5:49PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's from Chi-Ran's Love and SeX. 2008!? OH MY GOODNESS D:

joined Mar 16, 2017

It's from Chi-Ran's Love and SeX. 2008!? OH MY GOODNESS D:

Thanks so much! :D I knew it looked familiar.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I am confused by the new chapter. So who likes who now? Chisa and the Chief or Chief and Hato-chan? Or is Hato-chan just helping the chief realise that she is attracted to a woman. is Hato-chan even a cis-woman? Will chisa ever be happy? Will the next chapter also take 3 years to update? (but thanks for the update!! I'm glad) O.o I am confused.

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 5:12AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I am confused by the new chapter. So who likes who now? Chisa and the Chief or Chief and Hato-chan? Or is Hato-chan just helping the chief realise that she is attracted to a woman. is Hato-chan even a cis-woman? Will chisa ever be happy? Will the next chapter also take 3 years to update? O.o I am confused.

Lmao, I just went through the same thought process.

I still like Chisa and the Chief, but it seems like that ship has already sailed. I think the Chief has a type (imo Hato-chan reminds me of a young bubbly Chisa). So it almost seems like a set up for Chisa and Hato-chan. I'm still confused about Hato-chan (motives, etc), but I mean, it's a Morishima Akiko managa and the Office Romance series so it should be lighthearted and fun either way. As long as it doesn't take another 3 years to update... but I'm grateful to the scanlators all the same.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 9:09PM

Dsisterism_021_015-1-1
joined Oct 7, 2015

never before i was so glad to see a notification!!! And a chapter focused on the characters i always wanted to know more about <3

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm getting whiplash from how fast this chapter threw around conflicting romance flags.

joined Jan 31, 2013

It's back! And I don't remember anything! Time to re-read the whole thing! Thank you!

To reply you must either login or sign up.