Forum › Gendai Majo no Shuushoku Jijou discussion

joined Apr 10, 2014

Truthfully... This feels cliche with uninteresting comedy.

Dropping this after the first chapter...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Honestly, I thought at the beginning that Neko was going to be the sort of character who usually annoys the crap out of me, but then she turned thoughtful and introspective, and that made her a lot more interesting. Although weirdly her insecurity doesn't match her thoughts at the beginning at all, it's baffling why she was being so egotistical to herself.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

i have the same feeling as neko, be independent in such young age are hard, and you must find yourself to keep going, to be honest is nice read

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 8:42PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, that was much more introspective than I was expecting

...Not sure if I liked it

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The Kiki's Delivery Service references were good. You really can't get away from the comparison so might as well get it out of the way from the start.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

so cute, so pure.. I love it already, I'm sold on it let the witchy cuteness continue.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Hm, fighter pilot waifu. daydreaming

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

I wonder if this series set in the same universe with Flying Witch

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

Ahh so this is not Flying Witch, but it seems like a nice relaxing read. It might be a little tame with a witch who is just nice though, there is no substitute for you Marisa.

last edited at Sep 11, 2016 8:31PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ahh so this is not Flying Witch, but it seems like a nice relaxing read. It might be a little tame with a witch who is just nice though, there is no substitute for you Marisa.

I said earlier that what she displayed in the beginning, with the big ego but nothing to back it up, was an archetype I really can't get to like. Marisa is pretty much the opposite of that, she's got that big ego and loves to make a splash, but she's also the real deal and can put her Master Spark where her mouth is.

The fact that the second half of the story abandons that and gives us instead a witch who's genuinely insecure about her ability and knows her shortcomings, which sets up for her later dealing with them, redeems her a lot for me.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This is just totally like Kiki,but with strong subtext.

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

That's lewd Nezchan :P

I think I like Marisa most for being a rascal, but regardless of that this series might be a nice read.

Ahri_by_kittew-d9c0y0n%20-%20copia
joined Mar 13, 2016

This is cute. I want more magical girls stories but I'll take this as well.

joined Oct 12, 2016

Truthfully... This feels cliche with uninteresting comedy.

Dropping this after the first chapter...

I hate to admit it, but you may be right. I read the 1st volume, well, nothing special but relax.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

What does the sign on the house say on the last page? I feel that that'll be important somehow.

NotLemon Uploader
Av200
joined May 10, 2016

What does the sign on the house say on the last page? I feel that that'll be important somehow.

まねき荘
Maneki Shou

Maneki as in Invite/bekon, eg. Maneki Neko (Beckoning Cat). Shou/Shouen (荘園) is just manor/mansion.

last edited at Oct 12, 2016 10:33PM

Papaya1
joined Sep 25, 2015

This was cute!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

So far so cute.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

What an adorable chapter. Definitely casually shipping Neko with the shrine girl now because no one can stop me....

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

but the sign says "no boys" so it should be ok.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Granny Hatakeyama x Mc confirmed

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

OTP! OTP!

joined May 7, 2015

Good art, cute, calm, and a little bit of subtext.. It's good enough for me. I think I'll keep watching it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That chapter makes me ship NekoxYayoi for some reason. O_O

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

OTP! OTP!

Can someone add Age gap to the series?

To reply you must either login or sign up.