AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Well that was a nice extra surprise

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Newly released chapters simply automatically go at the bottom unless moved. I took it upon myself to move it to volume 3 where it looks like it goes; if that's not right then someone can either let me know or fix it.

Far as I can tell, Rival and Kase-san isn't part of volume 3 (Shortcake to Kase-san), which starts with ch11, so it's hard to place where it goes publication wise (chronologically it takes place just before ch8).
Basically trying to figure out the actual numbering of this series is confusing.

Maybe put it in extras with chapter 5.5 and 6? Or put it next to Christmas and Kase-san which currently has it's own unnamed section?

Rival and Kase San was an extra iirc after Tsubomi ceased publication. It's weird like that because the series has been changed to releasing via digital instead of traditional printing.
If you're interested here are the table of contents for the first three tanks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6h6ys97ZUykdzB3WEF2c3YtR00

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6h6ys97ZUykQ2JoZ0RWTkE0TEE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6h6ys97ZUykb3pTRl80azhrRlE

last edited at Jul 7, 2016 7:42PM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Newly released chapters simply automatically go at the bottom unless moved. I took it upon myself to move it to volume 3 where it looks like it goes; if that's not right then someone can either let me know or fix it.

Far as I can tell, Rival and Kase-san isn't part of volume 3 (Shortcake to Kase-san), which starts with ch11, so it's hard to place where it goes publication wise (chronologically it takes place just before ch8).
Basically trying to figure out the actual numbering of this series is confusing.

I've been periodically updating the list of unpublished chapters (because I also find it confusing and wanted a way to keep track of what was released when), and I number it 11.5 well before volume 3 was out simply because it was published after Sun and Kase-san. Since it's not actually in any of the tanks, I just shifted it up with Christmas under "extras published between volumes 2 & 3," which seems to be the most logical place for it.

Speaking of confusing, it would probably make sense to remove the stop calling Plant Appointee "chapter 6" and then to renumber the other chapters accordingly, since it is also an uncollected extra.

Rival and Kase San was an extra iirc after Tsubomi ceased publication. It's weird like that because the series has been changed to releasing via digital instead of traditional printing.

It's actually a bit weirder—Rival was release in Hirari's last regular issue (vol. 14), but it still didn't make it into the tank. Shortcake followed in a special issue (Afterschool 2), Christmas was released when the status of the series was still up in the air, and then everything since then has been serialised releases through Web Wings.

last edited at Jul 8, 2016 4:30AM

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

The raw for Christmas chapter was from yahoo reader though :(

A55
joined Feb 20, 2016

Ahh, I can't believe I didn't see this! Kase-san is still the best~

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Courtesy of Hark, a vagrant.

I KNEW this would pop out after that chapter

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Releases on the front page are sorted by date of the upload request, not date of publishing. Which means that when, as in this case, some days pass in-between the two events, then the new release will be sneakily inserted between older releases further down the page. This is really bad and I have no idea why Dynasty does it this way.

In summary: it's not your fault that you didn't see it and you should subscribe to any series/author that you want to receive updates from.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Releases on the front page are sorted by date of the upload request

Isn't it the date the scan team releases it? Sometimes it's a series that just wasn't on DR, and after you request it, the date that's written next to each release isn't the day it's requested, but when it was released by the scanlators.

In summary: it's not your fault that you didn't see it and you should subscribe to any series/author that you want to receive updates from.

You can also just click on "Recently Added" and see exactly what's new. The moment I realised that's how it worked, I always go check the recently added. Sometimes there's a new series, or maybe it's a doujin or one shot from an author I didn't know or basically something I didn't know about.

last edited at Jul 8, 2016 2:22PM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

This manga will be license for Seven Seas hafvbashk I'm sooo excited, I can't wait http://www.gomanga.com/books/kase-san-and/907

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 3:16AM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Releases on the front page are sorted by date of the upload request, not date of publishing. Which means that when, as in this case, some days pass in-between the two events, then the new release will be sneakily inserted between older releases further down the page. This is really bad and I have no idea why Dynasty does it this way.

Yeah, it's kind of silly that the main Dynasty page (the most front-facing part of the site that sees the most of its end-users) sorts entries based on upload request date (only useful for administrators on the back-end).

You can also just click on "Recently Added" and see exactly what's new.

It's still one more step than is necessary. Remember that this is the internet, where attention spans are measured in tenths of a second and human laziness is constantly reaching new heights.

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 3:50AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Then you're on your fucking own lmao, if it's too hard for you maybe you don't need to read those releases. If you don't want to take that extra step, then don't. Don't read the next chapters, miss them.
With all those tenths of seconds saved, I wonder how many more things you'll have time to do, such wondrous potential. What a satisfying, fulfilling life you would lead if Dynasty's front page was more efficiently organized

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Faust posted:

Then you're on your fucking own lmao, if it's too hard for you maybe you don't need to read those releases. If you don't want to take that extra step, then don't. Don't read the next chapters, miss them.
With all those tenths of seconds saved, I wonder how many more things you'll have time to do, such wondrous potential. What a satisfying, fulfilling life you would lead if Dynasty's front page was more efficiently organized

No need to be rude about it. I agree that it's not that big a deal to have one more click but the vast majority of internet users tend not to be very thorough about stuff like that. They go for least effort. Also while, again, it's not a big deal it is actually a valid criticism to complain about the way things are ordered. It's a bit odd. It took me months before I finally figured out what the difference between the main entries on the front page and the entries on the "recently added" list in the upper right actually were.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Faust posted:

No need to be rude about it. I agree that it's not that big a deal to have one more click but the vast majority of internet users tend not to be very thorough about stuff like that. They go for least effort. Also while, again, it's not a big deal it is actually a valid criticism to complain about the way things are ordered. It's a bit odd. It took me months before I finally figured out what the difference between the main entries on the front page and the entries on the "recently added" list in the upper right actually were.

I never understood what the difference is. I just noticed one day that some mangas show up in recently added when they are not showing on main page at the same time, and since then I just always check recently added as well to make sure I don't miss anything. Problem solved.

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 9:37AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

I never understood what the difference is. I just noticed one day that some mangas show up in recently added when they are not showing on main page at the same time, and since then I just always check recently added as well to make sure I don't miss anything. Problem solved.

The part that kept throwing me off is that I kept seeing chapters in the recently added list that I was certain I'd seen on the front page itself too. Still not actually sure if I was just imagining that since I never bothered double checking, lol.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I don't like the "recently added" page, because it doesn't have thumbnails, on which I base my decision whether to read something or not. That may be my personal taste but that list just isn't very useful to me.
But when I said that it's "really bad", I didn't mean the fact that you have to do an extra step (that would be just regular bad). I meant that (In my evaluation) most people who visit Dynasty are confused about the two lists and don't know they are missing out on some releases sometimes. And I really do think that that is really bad interface design.
Generally I get the impression that Dynasty is stagnating on the technical aspects of the site and I wonder why that is so. And it's not like there's nothing that could be improved.

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 2:42PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

DrMario posted:

Generally I get the impression that Dynasty is stagnating on the technical aspects of the site and I wonder why that is so. And it's not like there's nothing that could be improved.

If this is true it's probably more because of time restraints (and burn out) than anything else. The people that made the site did so for free in their own time. So updates would be the same. And if someone is skilled enough in programming to make a site like this then chances are they're quite busy programming as a job too and will often be burnt out on more programming in their free time.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Thinking of people doing things for free on their own time--
So, um . . . I notice the front page for Kase-san lists a bunch of chapters which are not scanlated. For which I am pining. Does anyone know, maybe somewhere in the depths of the 27 pages of discussion it's already been said, if anyone has plans to do any of those, and if there are any hints as to how long-range such plans might be if they exist?

last edited at Aug 2, 2016 3:43PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Purple Library Guy posted:

So, um . . . I notice the front page for Kase-san lists a bunch of chapters which are not scanlated. For which I am pining. Does anyone know, maybe somewhere in the depths of the 27 pages of discussion it's already been said, if anyone has plans to do any of those, and if there are any hints as to how long-range such plans might be if they exist?

You can look on Yuri Project's discussion board or their status page but after a quick look on each of the status page's tabs I don't see anything but the most recently released one. I also don't see anything on the discussion board but I only checked the first page. You might try looking a few pages back.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

The volume 3 chapters are currently being typeset. If no one else does it, I will put them on dynasty in the next few days once they are finalized.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i thought yuri project dropped kase-san to let /u/ take over?

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

i thought yuri project dropped kase-san to let /u/ take over?

So they did, but that also didn't seem to go anywhere at first. But now someone competent is working on it and they are pretty fast also. Dunno if we're gonna get more translations, though.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

We've got three new chapters typesetted over on /u/. Just a matter of when/if Dynasty'll add them.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Thanks for the triple release! Shouldn't these be chapters 12-14 instead of 14-16 though?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

forgot this manga existed

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I like how chapters 12 and 13 made me happy about their relationship progressing in a slow and cute loving way and 14 just made me sad

To reply you must either login or sign up.