Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

seems like we found our theorist

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

But looking back and seeing this page, I feel kinda worried. Like yeah it looks like major shit happened. But I really don't know what. It doesn't necessarily look like she harmed someone, but wtf tho? She's barely dressed, her bra unhooked, and bloodied. Is she wounded? Is it someone else's blood? Was she sexually assaulted? Is this a flashback or something that's gonna happen?

i think she lured in the former resident(s?) into...sexual intercouse to deceive them and kill them. and the place where she was in this pic is the locked room, perhaps. i think this is more of a beginning.

joined Dec 26, 2015

now that we had seen her "yan" side, im sure dere will come eventually

80-90% of her interactions with Shio-chan was dere, such as so and so. By dere, I count the sweet smiles she makes while thinking about Shio-chan as one, or like whenever Sato sees her really. The only time I can think of where she looked 'yan' with Shio-chan, was here

Guys, there was this hypothesis of Sato not having necessarily being the one to have killed the previous residents of their current apartment. Thinking about how she held back and stopped herself from killing the brother actually, saying that if she gave in, she wouldn't be suitable to stay with Shio-chan anymore, I feel like it's another reason/feeling to why I don't think she's responsible for the bodies in that locked room. (And she never actually harmed any of the other yandere/psychotic people in the previous chapters either). But looking back and seeing this page, I feel kinda worried. Like yeah it looks like major shit happened. But I really don't know what. It doesn't necessarily look like she harmed someone, but wtf tho? She's barely dressed, her bra unhooked, and bloodied. Is she wounded? Is it someone else's blood? Was she sexually assaulted? Is this a flashback or something that's gonna happen?
Hmm. And the scene where we realise that they're squatting in someone else's place. Perhaps Sato-chan would stop herself from killing, and there was that instance where she insisted on it too. I'm thinking that perhaps, she wouldn't be against disposing of the bodies.. I can picture her being unfazed and dismembering the bodies, but probs not killing them tbh, I think she would have found another way. Unless 'no-killing' is a mentality she adopted after Shio-chan came into the picture, and she decided that to continue forward like so, she'd have to not do that shit.
I'm all down for the theory that she never actually killed anyone tbh, that'd be kinda neat, that she can hold so much power over others and dominate them if they become a threat, without the OP "can potentially kill anyone" plot device. But then again, I'm not sure who could have killed the residents. Was it a family? Just one person? Two? I kinda assumed it was a couple of people, but rereading, you can't really tell, and nothing indicates if it's one or more. How much mass would those bags hold? Cus, I was wondering if the person could have died of natural causes, but if it was more than one person, it'd be a little far-fetched that they all "naturally" died around the same time, but if it was just one, then maybe? It'd make sense to butcher them (lol i think), if Sato wants to keep their apartment, live somewhere not listed under her name, that'd be useful perhaps? Irc, the teacher called at home and nobody answered. Shio stays at home all day, if their listed phone number was that apartment (ofc not lol) then Shio would've answered (unless Sato said not to answer, but it was never mentioned so no).

Hmm. From what I understand of Sato, a lot of people make her bitter. Surely not so many people are this fucked up, but we've only seen a handful of those around her and we've already encountered 3 (manager, teacher, coworker) with such a distorted perception/expression of 'love'. Sato seems pretty done with their shit tbh. They all make her feel so bitter. She doesn't really seem to get a kick out of life tbh, and with all this bitterness she feels, yeah she's not having a great time. Shio seems to bring her sweetness tho, it makes her feel good. I don't know if her perception and expression of love is more legit than the one from the other people, maybe it's still growing. For now tho, having seen her run out in worry and fear for Shio's safety, rather than anger and paranoia over a possible betrayal, has put me at ease for now. She still seems emotionally unstable, but I'd like to able to trust in her love for Shio, trust that she wishes her the best or something. I probably won't be able to tho, it's a thriller with an unstable yandere mc, to be able to trust her is too much peace of mind for a manga of this genre lmao.

Wish this forum had a like button you are littery the reason why vised this discussion thread. and yeah I like that theory as well and that also would only make her more better then the generic yandere types.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wish this forum had a like button you are littery the reason why vised this discussion thread. and yeah I like that theory as well and that also would only make her more better then the generic yandere types.

o-oh okay >/////> cool
I just checked and my last theory rant was 4 months ago so whoa, that you remember

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

So now Sato is going to keep Shio locked away in that room now, and I guess possibly she was raped by her aunt as a child which kind of turned her into a pedophile?

We'll see I guess.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmmm... I'm curious about that aunt..was she a pedo too?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

this chapter literally had me all over the place.

-Taiyo just wanted to be pure again, how sweet, poor guy
-oh nevermind he's still a little creepy and is trying to take her home with him..
-Shio's mom(?) was apparently messed up and probably abusive, guess Sato did right by saving her probably
-wow sato is so good, blaming herself for being late.. things might be looking up
-oh a door on the outside of the house. NEVERMIND.

so much happened my brain is scrambled. I really don't know how I want this series to end.. i just want to see it continue and what unfolds.

Next chapter probably Sato backstory though?? Sweet.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Sato is a genuine badass. Also, creepy, much like everyone else in this series

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

How intense, for a moment I thought it was Shion who punch the boy, ha.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

With the new chapter, it looks like the term "cycle of abuse" is relevant. The teacher seemed to think she lived with her aunt, so, assuming that was originally the case, Sato's desire to live with Shio would run head-on into her aunt's pedophilia: if she molested her, it's very possible she would molest Shio. So, to dispose of the threat to her happy sugar life, she seduces her aunt and kills her, claiming the apartment as their castle. This would be in line with the first page, which could easily be her explaining herself to her aunt as she passes away.

And note that she says "I'd have to remove it with a plan" in the culmination of her reflection on wanting to kill Shio's brother, which suggests she's ultimately disgusted at herself for the impulsiveness of what she almost did and how she had no followup, not the act of killing itself. With both the manager and the teacher, she put herself in a position to ruin their lives immediately if they failed to cooperate; her antics were well hidden by their very nature. Beating Shio's brother to death then and there, on the other hand, would've torn her happy sugar life apart because she wouldn't be able to deny the crime. It does make me wonder what she was thinking of when she said "it's not right to kill people", but(assuming the Japanese word isn't closer to "murder") she would likely count her aunt as an exception(perhaps classing it as "execution" in her head), though she may understand it's wrong but simply not care because the aunt was in the way.

This gets better and better

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

I honestly hope this does not go NSFW with the flashbacks I assume we'll be getting next chap with Sato and her Aunt that I feel will do something really gross n bad

joined Sep 21, 2014

Well shit, I take back what I said, I'm totally worried about Shio-chan now. Like I was hoping that maybe Sato could... for the sake of love.. idk, not be so yan and maybe more dere? But I guess that the point isn't the overcoming of the yan because she doesn't think like... ppl usually do. Gotta remember that stories with yandere leads is like, a destructive person and love. What could go wrong?
Sato putting an extra lock on the door, blaming herself.. for trusting Shio-chan's words. Her doubt of the previous chapters is definite, she was indeed doubting tf out of Shio, and this time it has been confirmed. Rather than loving Shio herself, Sato's low key like the blond boy, it's more like they want what Shio can provide, the warmth her lovely innocence and 'pure soul' provides.
It's low key like being super done and fed up with ppl's greedy pervy bullshit and then finding a really cute lil girl and feeling all warm and mushy from her moe and wanting her to yourself...

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Just don't harm the loli

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

sato's aunt is a pedo...seems so. like everyone else, my mind is jumbled. like, at first im like, awww poor taiyo and then suddenly, bitch stop panting u gross. and then two delinquents. fucking bastards. thank god sato chan killed them because the world doesnt need more of them. im confused about sato's feelings towards shio because of the last page. is she mad at shio? that would be a problem...crossing a yandere is a BAD decision. feel sorry for shio...
after seeing tiny sato, an image of older shio with long hair just came to my mind and i just, "OMG PRETTY" im exciteeeeed to see how this would unravel. super excited woohoooo

joined Sep 21, 2014

thank god sato chan killed them because the world doesnt need more of them.

I don't know if she did, but I don't think she did

im confused about sato's feelings towards shio because of the last page. is she mad at shio? that would be a problem...crossing a yandere is a BAD decision. feel sorry for shio...

She... no longer trusts her. I don't know if she holds it against her, like personally, but Sato doesn't trust her anymore. I don't know if Sato would ever harm Shio, but she relies on how Shio makes her feel to feel happy and not bitter.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Can I just say wtf! I been holding it back for a minute while reading this series, if we ever figure everything going on im gonna need a synopsis... either way, yeeesh!

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

Holy shit! I guess the reason why Sato's like this because she thinks that THAT is normal because of her Auntie. Either Auntie did it to Sato or to another child and then Sato saw her what she's doing to that child and thought that it is considered normal to do it because her Auntie is doing it. Damn this is getting intense every chapter

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Woah, nice turn

joined Dec 13, 2015

Thank god nothing happened to Shio. Honestly, Sato probably isn't entirely trustworthy with regards to her but seeing that kid in the proximity of creepy-ass Taiyou nearly drove my heartrate through the roof.

Is it too much to hope Sato changes? Desperately hoping for a happy ending for them tbh.

Homura E.N.D
Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

thank god sato chan killed them because the world doesnt need more of them.

I don't know if she did, but I don't think she did

maybe sato just scare them off? i suppose so...but her face screamed, "NO MERCY"

im confused about sato's feelings towards shio because of the last page. is she mad at shio? that would be a problem...crossing a yandere is a BAD decision. feel sorry for shio...

She... no longer trusts her. I don't know if she holds it against her, like personally, but Sato doesn't trust her anymore. I don't know if Sato would ever harm Shio, but she relies on how Shio makes her feel to feel happy and not bitter.

im still worried... sato not trusting shio is very bad. plus shio was just worried about sato not coming home. but well, i can see why sato became salty(that pun tho. becoz shio means salt? eh? eh?) towards shio. still, i have this feeling that sato would break soon.

last edited at Jul 2, 2016 10:54AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch07#44
What is she holding? A stun gun? At first I thought it was a balisong, but upon a closer inspection it looks more like one of those shock inducing person defense weapons.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

sato's aunt is a pedo...seems so. like everyone else, my mind is jumbled. like, at first im like, awww poor taiyo and then suddenly, bitch stop panting u gross. and then two delinquents. fucking bastards. thank god sato chan killed them because the world doesnt need more of them. im confused about sato's feelings towards shio because of the last page. is she mad at shio? that would be a problem...crossing a yandere is a BAD decision. feel sorry for shio...
after seeing tiny sato, an image of older shio with long hair just came to my mind and i just, "OMG PRETTY" im exciteeeeed to see how this would unravel. super excited woohoooo

This is exactly the reason why this manga is so awesome. Every character is so fucked up that they defy the cliche and our expectation. It's like the author already got into our brain and jump out at every turn to remind us "oh, you think you knew what went on? Tck, tck, tck, think again."

At the beginning of this chapter, I was starting to feel sorry for Taiyou, and feel bad for calling him a lolicon. One minute later, we all realised that it was not falling tears, but the lolicon bastard was panting and drooling all over the place at the touch of Shio. Considering he saw Sato and Shio, I think he will be a bigger problem than we thought

Then Shio mom, I thought she was just a tragic mom under domestic violence. Considering her traumatic image was leading Shio to avoid troubles. But apparently nope, that woman probably passed the DV from her husband down to Shio as well, and at very least was blaming Shio for her own misery.

Best of course is Satou-chan. Badass as fuck. At first I was wondering what she had in the bag, and a second later, it was like Unlimited Yandere Works in there. WHoo... that's how you win back your love, literally. And it was so sweet with her and Shio reunion through, at least now they realised their mutual love and trus... oii what the fuck is that reflecting in your eyes. And what the heck did you put on the door. Still I think I am in love with that yandere. But damn, Shio have a big task at hand to convert this yandere into proper love material.

last edited at Jul 2, 2016 1:41PM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

wow, i'm hating this more than schooldays ...

To reply you must either login or sign up.