Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Off topic but I'm snickering because the last two users who posted are named Yuri Girl and Yuri Guy

joined Dec 26, 2015

So the previous chapters didn't really freak me out but chapter 3 certainly had me running away screaming.

Why?

Thinking back, Shio-chan feels pretty... off, to me. I reread it and I realised...
Shio-chan doesn't go to school doesn't she?
The tv doesn't have cable/ no channels at all.
Shio-chan doesn't go out, Sato-chan doesn't take her out. She just obediently waits for Sato-chan's return.
No friends. No news. No contact with the outside world.
And she doesn't seem to mind, or at least, doesn't voice out any complaints.

I also wondered, by the look on Shio-chan's face when she faced that room, if perhaps, she knows more than she lets on. If she knows of the grim contexts of that room. After finding out, or confirming, that it was locked, she rather easily let it go.
I feel like she explored the house/apartment they live in for the first time, or hadn't thoroughly before. As a child, I'd expect her to be terribly bored, curious, with a bigger sense of wanting to explore. She gave up rather fast, in most of her activities; pat-patting the room, cooking, watching tv, bringing in the laundry. No sense of frustration either, that nothing really went her way, she accepted things rather easily, and moved on. She didn't ask Sato-chan any questions either, no complaints at all, or did she know better than to ask? Shio-chan's expressions are numbered; stoic, or smiling for Sato-chan. Extraordinarily, as a child, she is selfless and understanding. You'd think that a kid would ask more questions, curious about the world and its wonders, but she doesn't. She accepts things the way Sato puts them. Everything Sato says is right
When they interact, the mood is light, fluffly. When you take into account the actual dialogues, it seems stiff, fake, compensating to match the atmosphere. If I knew better, it seems to me that Shio's practically walking on eggshells.
Is she that easygoing, sweet and unconditionally loving Sato, or is she trying to survive?
EDIT: Or does she know what makes Sato-chan tick, and is actually manipulating her?
That was my other thought, if, in fact, Shio-chan knows exactly, or more or less what's going on and is actually relying on Sato-chan.

And when she got dizzy and basically passed out, I wonder if she's malnourished, if the problem is physical, or psychological. A memory came back to her, although it was blurred, blocked out. The memory itself was interrupted actually, by Sato-chan, conveniently.
It might just be me, but it also seems like, when Sato-chan asked her that question, that there was a ever so slight pause on Shio-chan's part, and when she processed it she immediately answered, with that large, impenetrable smile. Or perhaps, knew what to answer.
Sato seemed.. unfazed, by the response, which came as a surprise to me. I thought she would have swooned.
Although her lack of expression might have just been her examining Shio-chan's face, and coming to the conclusion that she wasn't lying
I wonder if Sato was in doubt of Shio, or did she just want to confirm.
Nonetheless it's frightening. I hope Shio's more intuitive and knowledgeable than she seems. She'll need it.
EDIT: As an innocent child, the whole setting would be difficult for her to live in, only having Sato to depend on. I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out that she has a better grasp of everything than we/Sato thought, and that they're equally dependent of each other. Sato seems to need Shio to fufill what she thinks is her ideal of happiness. I wonder if Shio's getting anything out of it as well. The isolation Sato's submitting her to... really makes you wonder about Shio's past life, whether Sato saved her, or took her from it.

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your comments xD

joined Dec 13, 2015

It's so cute but I don't know if I should support them or not

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

So the previous chapters didn't really freak me out but chapter 3 certainly had me running away screaming.

Why?

[LONG COMMENT CUT]

It's just the feel of the chapter, it made me want to wring my wrists from all the anxious tension
Previous chapters felt a little more straight forward

last edited at Feb 10, 2016 12:02AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hmm yea i feel like this manga can go in any direction. one thing we do know for sure though, is sato was already screwed up mentally, regardless of what turns out to have happened with the previous tenant of their apartment. there was a one picture shot of sato in shorter hair, a bandage on her face. my guess is she was in some kind of prostitution and had a deep taste of the harsher underbelly of life, messing her up mentally. would explain the harsh view of love she had until she met shio. the sharpness and briars she's been associating with love every time she talks/thinks about it really makes it seem that way.

i also find it strange how in shio's flashback of that woman, the woman speaks of a girl coming for her. so makes you wonder who shio really is. was that really her parent? where did she really live until sato took her? the way i see it, she could easily have been the one to kill the previous tenant, and block it out. maybe she was just as messed up as sato, but because she;s younger has just blocked it out for her own sanity. i mean, sato DID say to her friends it was wrong to kill, and we haven't actually see her kill anyone, as close and tempting as it may have seemed to her.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014
Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Why?

Thinking back, Shio-chan feels pretty... off, to me. I reread it and I realised...
Shio-chan doesn't go to school doesn't she?
The tv doesn't have cable/ no channels at all.
Shio-chan doesn't go out, Sato-chan doesn't take her out. She just obediently waits for Sato-chan's return.
No friends. No news. No contact with the outside world.
And she doesn't seem to mind, or at least, doesn't voice out any complaints.

I also wondered, by the look on Shio-chan's face when she faced that room, if perhaps, she knows more than she lets on. If she knows of the grim contexts of that room. After finding out, or confirming, that it was locked, she rather easily let it go.
I feel like she explored the house/apartment they live in for the first time, or hadn't thoroughly before. As a child, I'd expect her to be terribly bored, curious, with a bigger sense of wanting to explore. She gave up rather fast, in most of her activities; pat-patting the room, cooking, watching tv, bringing in the laundry. No sense of frustration either, that nothing really went her way, she accepted things rather easily, and moved on. She didn't ask Sato-chan any questions either, no complaints at all, or did she know better than to ask? Shio-chan's expressions are numbered; stoic, or smiling for Sato-chan. Extraordinarily, as a child, she is selfless and understanding. You'd think that a kid would ask more questions, curious about the world and its wonders, but she doesn't. She accepts things the way Sato puts them. Everything Sato says is right
When they interact, the mood is light, fluffly. When you take into account the actual dialogues, it seems stiff, fake, compensating to match the atmosphere. If I knew better, it seems to me that Shio's practically walking on eggshells.
Is she that easygoing, sweet and unconditionally loving Sato, or is she trying to survive?
EDIT: Or does she know what makes Sato-chan tick, and is actually manipulating her?
That was my other thought, if, in fact, Shio-chan knows exactly, or more or less what's going on and is actually relying on Sato-chan.

And when she got dizzy and basically passed out, I wonder if she's malnourished, if the problem is physical, or psychological. A memory came back to her, although it was blurred, blocked out. The memory itself was interrupted actually, by Sato-chan, conveniently.
It might just be me, but it also seems like, when Sato-chan asked her that question, that there was a ever so slight pause on Shio-chan's part, and when she processed it she immediately answered, with that large, impenetrable smile. Or perhaps, knew what to answer.
Sato seemed.. unfazed, by the response, which came as a surprise to me. I thought she would have swooned.
Although her lack of expression might have just been her examining Shio-chan's face, and coming to the conclusion that she wasn't lying
I wonder if Sato was in doubt of Shio, or did she just want to confirm.
Nonetheless it's frightening. I hope Shio's more intuitive and knowledgeable than she seems. She'll need it.
EDIT: As an innocent child, the whole setting would be difficult for her to live in, only having Sato to depend on. I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out that she has a better grasp of everything than we/Sato thought, and that they're equally dependent of each other. Sato seems to need Shio to fufill what she thinks is her ideal of happiness. I wonder if Shio's getting anything out of it as well. The isolation Sato's submitting her to... really makes you wonder about Shio's past life, whether Sato saved her, or took her from it.

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your comments xD

Haha, I was going to reply and say the same. It was interesting to see how you broke it down. :O

joined Jul 8, 2013

See, I am VERY interested in the story but I really just don't see how it could possibly pull off a satisfying ending here and that's really starting to deter me from the series.

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

http://thichtruyentranh.com/happy-sugar-life/happy-sugar-life-chapter-04-dem-dai-cua-monochrome-i/161038.html
Chap 4 and 5
Chapter 4 summary
Sato met with the molested guy at her new job because he changed his work place. Molested guy (MG) developed a fear for older woman and said he decided to work at a place full of girls because he want to get over it for someone he love. Sato supports it since she can relates to it. Turn out MG saw the poster for Shio and fell in love with her. Sato almost killed unknown-san because she heard her/him reciting the marriage oath previously said to her in chapter 1 by Shio.
(Shio be two timing xD)

Chapter 5 summary
Sato didnt kill unknown-san (presume to be Asaki) because she thought it would be hard to clean it up. She started trying to figure out the bitter feeling she felt toward Asaki and realized it was jealousy. She then proceed to frolick thinking how nice it was to feel this way toward Shio. Sato got home and panicked because Shio was not home.

last edited at Feb 26, 2016 1:27AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Woah! I was surprised... my reaction to the first chapter was: "...EH!?"

I'm certainly intrigued, too many questions!! I want to see what's the truth behind all this. Who was the owner of the apartment (The aunt?), what happened to Shio and how ended there, and who's the girl in Sato's flashbacks.
But I'm afraid of how may end... I don't want sad endings... (at least for Sato, Shio, Sato's friend...)

What if Shio is the yandere one and Sato is covering her because her love...
Or maybe they gonna be a yandere couple...
... or maybe she's normal... or maybe... too many maybes!!!

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

What if Shio is the yandere one and Sato is covering her because her love...

That's what I thought tbh

joined Jan 7, 2015

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

"I'm going to write a meaningless paragraph on why I dislike this so I can come off as a literacy genius who is not like the other plebs on this earth."

Me%20toooo
joined Feb 9, 2014

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

"I'm going to write a meaningless paragraph on why I dislike this so I can come off as a literacy genius who is not like the other plebs on this earth."

They sounds like an anime character who hates life.

last edited at Mar 29, 2016 6:25PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Wa, the link on chapter 4 and 5 above. Things got heat up real fast, and end in cliff hanger, so If you haven't, maybe it's better to wait for chapter 6 before reading them all.

Screw It, Shio x Satou have my full backing.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 9:56PM

L8nis5h
joined Jun 26, 2014

I don't know if it was the translation or what, but this was really hard to follow in places.
There are several pages where I honestly can't tell for sure who's speech bubble's are who's, even after rereading them. So confusing.

joined Aug 14, 2015

Everything happening is about Shio, I'm thinking she is the devil who corrupts everyone.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

It's backkkk, and a boy who apparently says the same vow as Shio has appeared!!!
And Trauma boy is now afraid of older women but lustful for younger girls.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

ok My bet is on Shio being same as "bad" or worse than Sato and wtf why is everyone a pedophile here :v ?

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

I'm rooting for you Sato and Shio! Do your best!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

No one can resist the sweet nectar of loli.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

the emotions in the manga is too erratic or is that what is supposed to be?

joined Apr 1, 2013

I really cant wait for the next chapter its going to be amazing!
When does the next chapter release?

here's what iv diagnosed so far with the story...
with the Shio girl she's had a traumatizing past seeing how it shows hints of her mother/auntie saying everything is going to be fine speech over and over. Also the scene when Matsuzaka didnt arrive home her facial expression changed like she was scared/terrified. There have been other hints shown by the MC girl saying she cant use TV go, onto balcony or open certain doors let alone go outside. She claims outside is very dangerous for her. So why would she keep her locked up isolated from society inside her house?
I see two reasons.. first reason maybe if she sees other people she might go crazy/see flash backs of her past which might make her sweet personality disintegrate? reason 2 the other girl Matsuzaka assumes she will find/see another person she might love or that it will be taken from her by predators (rapists and molesters)? and since she's psychotic hell bent on preserving her love between Shio she wont allow her to go outside. I think its a mixture of both. I feel like Shio is unstable.. hence why Matsuaka said shes going to build a fortress around her. Why would someone go to such lengths to build a fort around someone they love? abit extreme.

Things are getting interesting now though since a relative has shown up which is close to Shio (possibly an older brother or sister) and seeing that last chapter shows that Matsuzaka is going to kill them and she even said so herself that she wont allow other relatives to steal away her sugar life. Also the vow thing i wonder if this will make MC go psychotic on Shio? its a possibility since Matsuzaka assumed she said that to her alone seeing it from another person means Shio used to have feelings for another person but she's forgotten them? (maybe this explains why she wasnt supposed to go outside?)

Owh man this is getting so juicy!!!!
i love this managa given how fucked up it is (pardon my french) but its soooooooo nail biting!
I do love the chemistry between Shio and Matsuzaka i was honestly expecting more kiss scenes but the story in this is so good! You gotta admit its hilarious when Matsuzaka owns/reks the person which is trying to abuse/fuck her. Like i laughed when she recorded that woman during the paycheck scene part i was like ooh snap on no you didnt! anyways this manga has potential and i love the story too :D

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 12:56AM

joined Aug 19, 2012

So wait let me get this straight.. The blonde haired girl killed her parents/family found or kidnapped the little girl? Shio and now her brother or sister? is looking for her using missing person posters and once he was found by the guy he mumbled the same vows he said to his sister..? I think this guy is definitly going to die but that ending cliff hanger shows that Shio opened the door? meaning she's going to witness his death next chapter or something else? Also does Shio even know where she works at? has she been told? i think by coincidence she will witness something. But honestly like i dont blame the MC going psycho.. i understand her point. Everyone has given her false love and tried to rape/kill her she doesnt trust mature/adults.. I kinda see how she feels but thats probably the reason why shes psychotic to begin with. Imagine being in her shoes you'd feel somewhat the same too and the only person in the world which she can trust/love is the little girl. I really cant wait for the next chapter its going to be amazing!
When does the next chapter release?

Translation is pretty far behind on raws.

To reply you must either login or sign up.