Forum › Idol Pretender discussion

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I will pretend this doesnt exist. I am here for the yuri.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I will pretend this doesnt exist. I am here for the yuri.

I had exactly the same thought this morning when i was readin' it.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Damn, that was a terrible f*cking ending to this series! Chinami/Eita does a 180 turn- from a strong person who'd beat up a guy with a knife, to this whimpering girl who can't do anything on her own. God forbid that 'she' should be a strong person, when it's sooo much better that she be this crying girl to run into Oguri's arms.

And I especially 'liked' how the last chapter was basically a big middle finger to everyone. I wanted to like this, I can't believe how bad this was. I loved "Plana-Chan", but this was just terrible.

last edited at Oct 31, 2013 5:13PM

joined Jun 25, 2013

Ending felt rushed.....Publisher probably told the author to wrap it up by chapter 15, so this is what we end up with!
My question is though, when I started reading this Haruse Hiroki was the only one credited with creating this story, so who is "ryugatta"?

Kain_o_insano
joined May 25, 2012

Damn, that was a terrible f*cking ending to this series! Chinami/Eita does a 180 turn- from a strong person who'd beat >up a guy with a knife, to this whimpering girl who can't do anything on her own. God forbid that 'she' should be a strong >person, when it's sooo much better that she be this crying girl.

This.

Ending felt rushed.....Publisher probably told the author to wrap it up by chapter 15, so this is what we end up with!

And this.
Good thing that we have good users here,it makes bitching about stuff so much easier, I don't even have to make an argument.
Anyway, this manga had a lot of potential to be a funny romantic comedy, but ended being just a pile of garbage (the ending and the way the author subvert the MC spoils it all). I feel a little bit sad.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I was hoping for OgurixChinami ending. Yeah!

But the O-Ok is for "Okay, I will give you answer." or "Okay, I'll go out with you." ?
And I don't get the last page. (-a-)

Edit by MrEngenious: I was hoping for spoiler markers myself.

last edited at Oct 31, 2013 9:50PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

The ending is acceptable.... If this is a H manga and all that was to lead to endless H scene.....

Otherwise, the build up to the ending is fairly poor. And the lack of contests of other girls, making this become like a prolonged one-shot rather than a series

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Damn, that was a terrible f*cking ending to this series! Chinami/Eita does a 180 turn- from a strong person who'd beat up a guy with a knife, to this whimpering girl who can't do anything on her own. God forbid that 'she' should be a strong person, when it's sooo much better that she be this crying girl to run into Oguri's arms.

And I especially 'liked' how the last chapter was basically a big middle finger to everyone. I wanted to like this, I can't believe how bad this was. I loved "Plana-Chan", but this was just terrible.

Fine fine... after reading your comment, the ending did suck.

A yuri ending would have been a better ending. At least she was more... strong when she was squirming over Yuika. >.<

How do you make spoiler tags on here? O.o If this needs it, I'm sorry about not knowing how...

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

AWW that all i wanted more for the ending!!, maybe their do a bounces chapter sometime later. Ya!!

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

This ending made me want to throw the computer out the window. I just noticed that this was the end. Wish they decided on making this longer

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

50 bucks says the Author fell in love with his best friend in Highschool and desperately wanted to be a girl to capture his heart.
Bottom line: Yaoi.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

The anoying part is the manga building a lot the Yuri aspect for Yurika who was decently serious to turn her a real love interested intead of Oguri who was a cardboad box and comic relief without the same deep as Yurika
Also, gender matter to love, lesbian girls fall for girls because they are girls, that's is a real message

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

The anoying part is the manga building a lot the Yuri aspect for Yurika who was decently serious to turn her a real love interested intead of Oguri who was a cardboad box and comic relief without the same deep as Yurika
Also, gender matter to love, lesbian girls fall for girls because they are girls, that's is a real message

Yea, the Oguri route felt awkward and forced. I think it was a popular ship, though. When the series was ongoing, I think there were forum threads elsewhere on the internet not wanting her to change back into a boy and get with Oguri.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I hate the ending. It sucked big time.

It should have the tag bad ending

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Judging by the comments, this sounds like everything I hate about Japanese media.

Gonna read it anyway, I'm sure fanfiction will save me!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah well, the woman of his dreams confesses and says she will love him, whether he's in a guy or girl body and he/she REJECTS her because he/she fell for jerkface guy who put him in that situation in the first place? It made me want to scream! I guess the author, when the series was axed, put a giant middle-finger to his readers because they voted down his series.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yeah well, the woman of his dreams confesses and says she will love him, whether he's in a guy or girl body and he/she REJECTS her because he/she fell for jerkface guy who put him in that situation in the first place? It made me want to scream! I guess the author, when the series was axed, put a giant middle-finger to his readers because they voted down his series.

I can imagine, just the description is making me mad. God knows how I'll be once I know the characters.

On the bright side, if I get mad enough I might break my laptop, no one will have to deal with my annoying posts anymore.

Until I get that new PC I was promised for when I go to university, muhahahah!

last edited at May 16, 2015 8:43AM

1185287_545264538860379_946420239_n
joined Aug 30, 2013

Ending is here!
No one shoot themselves over how obviously bad the ending was going to be, please.

the ending was dum as hell but pretty funny in its own way.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

He provably sucked as a writer (to the japanese) and so his manga didn't do so well and it got axed, then the middle finger ending happened.

Koro-sensei-avatars.alphacoders.com
joined Feb 18, 2016

hi Id like to write a fanfic of Idol Pretender! And then submit it to a website!

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

I don´t think the Oguri route was too terrible, but the series is obviously rushed. A true resolution for the protagonist´s inner conflict, Oguri and Aoi´s character development... it´s a pity, a fairly decent try which falls short.

Monkey D. Luffy
Fb_img_1542458579509
joined Jan 11, 2018

The worst story I've ever read! The author should go to hell!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

hi Id like to write a fanfic of Idol Pretender! And then submit it to a website!

Did you ever do it? tumblr or wattpad or fanfiction or AO3?

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Why does japan always have a hard time distinguishing sex from gender, and the norm of women fancying each other when they are okay with taboos like, cousins marrying, or marriage arrangements, or sexualized idols who are just supposed to sing and dance, or vending machines that sell used panties, or restaurants themed after toilet bowls, or inappropriate tshirts written in english, or women doing all the chores, or hentai, or lolicon factions, or tentacle fascinations, or sexualizing a de-sexualized country, or mimicking another cultures appearance out of insecurity, or vore, or children's shows that aren't for children/most adults, or manga with random fish bestiality (don't ask), or gallivanting male supremacy in a society of scrawny sexists, or appearing open minded in entertainment while they are not?

Honestly, just because you turn into a girl doesn't mean your heart will go "doki-doki" when kabedoned, or something, by a prince looking mofo/douche.

That is all...

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Why does japan always have a hard time distinguishing sex from gender, and the norm of women fancying each other when they are okay with taboos like, cousins marrying, or marriage arrangements, or sexualized idols who are just supposed to sing and dance, or vending machines that sell used panties, or restaurants themed after toilet bowls, or inappropriate tshirts written in english, or women doing all the chores, or hentai, or lolicon factions, or tentacle fascinations, or sexualizing a de-sexualized country, or mimicking another cultures appearance out of insecurity, or vore, or children's shows that aren't for children/most adults, or manga with random fish bestiality (don't ask), or gallivanting male supremacy in a society of scrawny sexists, or appearing open minded in entertainment while they are not?

Honestly, just because you turn into a girl doesn't mean your heart will go "doki-doki" when kabedoned, or something, by a prince looking mofo/douche.

That is all...

To reply you must either login or sign up.