Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Hey all. Good to see this thread isn't completely dead :)

I've been reading a bunch of series to try and pass the time while FF is on hiatus... browsed the entire Dynasty directory once, then relaxed my filters (i.e. I usually nope out immediately if I see moe art, generally don't bother with high school stories, etc.) and went through it again...

It's mostly been an exercise in discovering all my storytelling pet peeves lol. And also in being weirded out a lot... but I did end up finding a few stories I liked. Nothing that quite hits the same spot as FF though :(

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's done this recently. I came across a cute one called Cirque Arachne, found some other gems. But miss FF very much.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I've been reading a bunch of series to try and pass the time while FF is on hiatus... browsed the entire Dynasty directory once, then relaxed my filters (i.e. I usually nope out immediately if I see moe art, generally don't bother with high school stories, etc.) and went through it again...

It's mostly been an exercise in discovering all my storytelling pet peeves lol. And also in being weirded out a lot... but I did end up finding a few stories I liked. Nothing that quite hits the same spot as FF though :(

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's done this recently. I came across a cute one called Cirque Arachne, found some other gems. But miss FF very much.

I've been doing this too, or reading doujins of some of my ships haha. But I miss FF. Its really strange but I've been feeling too lazy to continue reading another manhwa I like since ssamba went on hiatus, but now I feel bored without reading anything.

I'm missing FF so much :((

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I've read yuri for so many years and have never found any other manga that I could connect to this much like FF. After the hiatus I seriously felt quite indifferent towards the rest and had no motivation to read anymore huhu. Ssamba please come back and vitalize my yuri world again T_T

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

hey, did you know that the chapters in comico have all become free...?
I read that on facebook. It doesn't seem like a good sign to me... I wonder if she's alright... :/

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

hey, did you know that the chapters in comico have all become free...?
I read that on facebook. It doesn't seem like a good sign to me... I wonder if she's alright... :/

No... they aren't all for free. For free are up to 59. 60th will be unlocked at May 23rd

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Warning. A very negative comment.

That's it. No one will ever know the ending.

Though I still hope Ssamba will get better even if she won't continue ff.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

If there's no updates or news on FF after 6 months, then I'll start to worry.

joined Aug 18, 2015

I've read yuri for so many years and have never found any other manga that I could connect to this much like FF. After the hiatus I seriously felt quite indifferent towards the rest and had no motivation to read anymore.

I feel the same way. I didnt bother to read wdtfs in the past 6/7 weeks. the drawing is beautiful but I just don't relate to any of the three characters.

I hope Ssamba's health is improving. it is no fun when u r sick-cant work, cant love, cant protect...feel so helpless imo. my health is not in the best shape so I am quite familiar with the feelings. ff set the bar so high for me. luckily, I have cung khuynh novel to read in spare time. I highly recommend the novel if u have not read it.

joined Mar 9, 2015

Still no update about Ssamba's condition/recovery? I really hope she gets well soon... Shame if this gets dropped or forever be incomplete... I'm still holding out for Nana but know that's now more or less a dead series ah such a shame.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I know what you mean. I also basically busied myself with other stuff, including catching up on some other series and movies,etc. I also ended up discovering other new stuff that fell outside of the yuri genre. So far on the yuri side, i've been paying more attention on the other korean comic. yah, i'm not going say which one because it's obvious what i'm talking about. I also did browse around in Dynasty Scans. I can read the HS stories(at least the better ones) but I've always wanted a more mature and adult setting for a yuri story like college or adult story. It was one of the reasons why FF caught my eye. There aren't that many stories outside that whole HS setting when it comes to yuri and all the usual tropes in it can be quite tiresome sometimes. Sigh*
FF was one of the fics that hits me hard because it is exactly what I was looking for. Anyway, I hope things get better for Ssamba so we can get an update on how she's doing. It's quite concerning. I stopped counting the weeks already.

last edited at May 21, 2016 9:43AM

joined Jun 14, 2015

'Oh! Its Monday! Maybe Ssamba's back??'

checks Comico
~
cries TT

I STILL DO THIS EVERY WEEK!!

Ssamba, get well soon...

last edited at May 21, 2016 6:02PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I've still got hope. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I was hoping that someone would write FF fan fiction again.. oh, I can't really find a substitute to the series....

Images%20(1)
joined Mar 26, 2014

I miss Ssamba. Please come back.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

ugh! UGH! UGUUU...
So I'm finally done with my online courses and exams... and realised that there's still NO new chapter from FF? Ssamba!! God of zombies, please, let her be OK! Oh don't tell me she flew away to Australia... Ssaaambaaa!! Please, get better and come back to us!! We miss you so much!! We miss your work so muuuuuch!! It simply cannot be replaced by ANYTHING!

I also thought what COULD be in the next chapter... and I couldn't think of anything... that really scares me a bit, Although, realistically, I think another time skip would be quite fitting. Ah, where are those slice of life cute moments of two cute girls loving each other!

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

ugh! UGH! UGUUU...
So I'm finally done with my online courses and exams... and realised that there's still NO new chapter from FF? Ssamba!! God of zombies, please, let her be OK! Oh don't tell me she flew away to Australia... Ssaaambaaa!! Please, get better and come back to us!! We miss you so much!! We miss your work so muuuuuch!! It simply cannot be replaced by ANYTHING!

I also thought what COULD be in the next chapter... and I couldn't think of anything... that really scares me a bit, Although, realistically, I think another time skip would be quite fitting. Ah, where are those slice of life cute moments of two cute girls loving each other!

I agree that some kind of time skip would be fitting. Although, I think another girl flirting with Seol-a might be enough to push No-rae to her. Especially, if it looks like Seol-a is responding to it. I doubt something like that would happen.

It's been so long, does anyone remember if Ssamba had an idea of how FF was going the whole time or what she writing it on the fly? ( As in, was the story completely planned out already?) I honestly, can't remember.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I agree that some kind of time skip would be fitting. Although, I think another girl flirting with Seol-a might be enough to push No-rae to her. Especially, if it looks like Seol-a is responding to it. I doubt something like that would happen.

It's been so long, does anyone remember if Ssamba had an idea of how FF was going the whole time or what she writing it on the fly? ( As in, was the story completely planned out already?) I honestly, can't remember.

She mentioned once, that she didn't expect the story to last so long and at some point around her first break, last summer, she ended up with an idea to develop it further for about 100 chapters. But it's never been defined for 100%. And based on development in the last chapters it felt more like she just let her characters live losing her own control over the story. I only felt that she didn't want to have the girls confessing so soon, keeping us fluttering on the very edge with each new chapter. I think she defined some major milestones of her story, but perhaps the characters forced her to deviate from those. And perhaps that, together with very strict weekly schedule, put too much stress on her, because she had to reconsider a lot of things.

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

She mentioned once, that she didn't expect the story to last so long and at some point around her first break, last summer, she ended up with an idea to develop it further for about 100 chapters. But it's never been defined for 100%. And based on development in the last chapters it felt more like she just let her characters live losing her own control over the story. I only felt that she didn't want to have the girls confessing so soon, keeping us fluttering on the very edge with each new chapter. I think she defined some major milestones of her story, but perhaps the characters forced her to deviate from those. And perhaps that, together with very strict weekly schedule, put too much stress on her, because she had to reconsider a lot of things.

Okay, that makes sense. Yeah I was thinking that not only does she need the hiatus for medical reasons but also maybe to figure out where she wants FF to go in the future. Also, add in whatever personal/family life issues can add stress too.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@takachi

No, I think you've messed it up with WDTFS authors? Lol. If I recall correctly, Ssamba has always planned it to be around 100 chapters since the very beginning after she decided to get it serialized.
I typeset the 2nd special chapter for FF's Q&A so I remember her answers pretty well lol. Even in her first Q&A, she already said there's so much left of the story to tell when responding to the complaints about the pacing.

Sugiyama
joined Aug 4, 2013

The fluttering feelings I've felt are slowly fading...

last edited at May 25, 2016 7:21AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

@takachi

No, I think you've messed it up with WDTFS authors? Lol. If I recall correctly, Ssamba has always planned it to be around 100 chapters since the very beginning after she decided to get it serialized.
I typeset the 2nd special chapter for FF's Q&A so I remember her answers pretty well lol. Even in her first Q&A, she already said there's so much left of the story to tell when responding to the complaints about the pacing.

Wow... really? I don't know a thing about other manhwas. The only one I read and love is FF! LOL. Anyway, I probably really got confused somehow. But rereading the specials, I don't know, it doesn't really tell any definite facts. Neither about planning 100 chapters from the beginning, nor about the length of the story in general. Even her comments on pacing - "so much left" is too subjective. For example, she thought there would be a lot to tell, but it turned out that that lot took a noticeably fewer chapters than she originally expected. So I wouldn't draw any definite conclusions from the specials.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

So does anyone know if Comico has a physical store in South Korea like Line does? I'll be in South Korea for a few days and I'd love to buy some FF merchandise [if it exists]

last edited at May 25, 2016 10:31AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@takachi

Wow... really? I don't know a thing about other manhwas. The only one I read and love is FF! LOL. Anyway, I probably really got confused somehow. But rereading the specials, I don't know, it doesn't really tell any definite facts. Neither about planning 100 chapters from the beginning, nor about the length of the story in general. Even her comments on pacing - "so much left" is too subjective. For example, she thought there would be a lot to tell, but it turned out that that lot took a noticeably fewer chapters than she originally expected. So I wouldn't draw any definite conclusions from the specials.

Haha it could be because someone else actually messed it up on here before, and you read their comments. My point was just that Ssamba never stated about starting short then extending more. It mightve been true, but its not a fact either.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Haha it could be because someone else actually messed it up on here before, and you read their comments. My point was just that Ssamba never stated about starting short then extending more. It mightve been true, but its not a fact either.

yeah.. so all we have left to do.. is reread the story... again and again... and pray for Ssamba's soon recovery!

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

I was hoping that someone would write FF fan fiction again.. oh, I can't really find a substitute to the series....
if only i knew how to write creatively, i would definitely write some fanfic for seol-a and no-rae

To reply you must either login or sign up.