Forum › Tonari no Robot discussion

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

This is possibly the cutest chapter ever. Hiro's persistence at trying to map out Chika's body to the point that she overheated was adorable.
Also gotta love Chika's stubbornness and daring to be willing to let Hiro touch her however she wants.

I just want a happy end for these two but I know it won't happen ;_; considering the reality of it all, Hiro may just end up being the only one alive with all these memories of Chikako, all alone, constantly replaying every moment she has recorded on Chika.

Those scientists need to write in a 3D mapping program in her system though so she doesn't attempt to reverse hack into a third party program again xD

EDIT: Also, just how much was Hiro molested to the point where her skirt needed to be washed?! Anybody else irritated at that??

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 2:13AM

1185287_545264538860379_946420239_n
joined Aug 30, 2013

with each new chapter it has gotten better and better. I love this maga.

Profile_ing
joined Sep 20, 2014

I love this series for the way it realistically portrays how an AI would cope with human emotion/scociety and how humans see it for what it actually is (programms and data) yet can't help but project their emotions onto it - especially the "parents" and Chika.

All other "robot media" lets the an-/gyndroid magically develop a "soul" or whatnot even though it will be a heck lot of work to just figure out everything a droid would need to know to function "human" at all.
And as others already pointed out, the research into the history of robots (Czech relations) and detail to their functionality that Nishi Uko put into this manga really makes it one of my favourites! Always loved her work but this is an entirely different level.

Looking forward to every new chapter!!

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Love this chapter so much! I hope Hiro is okay though.

Also, just how much was Hiro molested to the point where her skirt needed to be washed?! Anybody else irritated at that??

Oooh so that's what it was! .... Eeeewwww what the actual fuck that's just disgusting DX

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Wow, their first time was rough, and Hiro did not even manage to go pass 1st base...

joined Apr 25, 2016

Also, just how much was Hiro molested to the point where her skirt needed to be washed?! Anybody else irritated at that??

Oooh so that's what it was! .... Eeeewwww what the actual fuck that's just disgusting DX

If I had to guess, it must've just been on a crowded train. It had to have been in a casual enough environment that bumping and grinding wouldn't be out of the norm.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

In all seriousness.... Hiro need the ability to quickly 3D map out a body part (Chikako's) that she can't see, if they later want to move their relationship to... eh... another level.

Afterall, there're many parts of a woman body that you only can experience through touching (without grossing the other party out)... So yeah a small step for Hiro. But a huge leap for yuri robot designs

I just want a happy end for these two but I know it won't happen ;_; considering the reality of it all, Hiro may just end up being the only one alive with all these memories of Chikako, all alone, constantly replaying every moment she has recorded on Chika.

Two other endings that could happen
1/ this episode showed that Hiro has the ability to shut down her body function for Chikako. Means ... yeah she can "die" too
2/ the AI development could be advanced enough for Chika to create an android copy of herself based on all of the data Hiro collected (and being studied over several decades by these robotphile scientists). Maybe there will be some sign that her soul really pass on to that new body, means they will forever be with each other

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 5:30AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

If I had to guess, it must've just been on a crowded train. It had to have been in a casual enough environment that bumping and grinding wouldn't be out of the norm.

It means some guy came on her skirt right? :<

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah, probably D:

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Boy, somehow I get this feeling that I'm about to have my guts wretched at the end of this. This chapter was super cute tho. This entire story kind of reminds me of the third episode from the first season of Stand Alone Complex.
On a side note, I think there's a typo on the 10th page of the last chapter - "She's tracing wthat she touches (...)"

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

agrfhh this seriously just gets better and better

joined Jul 31, 2013

They weren't washing the skirt, they were sewing it. I don't know how much better that is, but I thought it was pretty poignant how it led them to realize how they needed to equip Praha with the same defenses and alertness that a normal teenaged girl must develop.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

They weren't washing the skirt, they were sewing it. I don't know how much better that is, but I thought it was pretty poignant how it led them to realize how they needed to equip Praha with the same defenses and alertness that a normal teenaged girl must develop.

Washing

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 1:55PM

joined Jul 31, 2013

Ah, okay. I see it now.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

I love this series more and more with every chapter that comes out. AHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't wait for more c:

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I love this concept so muchhhhh AAAAA!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR GAY ROBOT

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Yeah, probably D:

Glad I'm not the only one that realized that :: shudders :: so gross

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I didn't realize that was the implication mainly because I saw a sewing machine too

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Yeah, probably D:

Glad I'm not the only one that realized that :: shudders :: so gross

I thought I was the only one too.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

In all seriousness.... Hiro need the ability to quickly 3D map out a body part (Chikako's) that she can't see, if they later want to move their relationship to... eh... another level.

Afterall, there're many parts of a woman body that you only can experience through touching (without grossing the other party out)... So yeah a small step for Hiro. But a huge leap for yuri robot designs

Two other endings that could happen
1/ this episode showed that Hiro has the ability to shut down her body function for Chikako. Means ... yeah she can "die" too
2/ the AI development could be advanced enough for Chika to create an android copy of herself based on all of the data Hiro collected (and being studied over several decades by these robotphile scientists). Maybe there will be some sign that her soul really pass on to that new body, means they will forever be with each other

Well, okay, there's also another way to look at an ending. People recover from losing loved ones all the time; it always takes time and support, but at the very least Hiro/Praha has all of the former she could ever want. So, it's not inconceivable for her to be able to move past, if not forget, Chika. Is it the most "romantic" resolution? No, but it doesn't mean this all ends with Hiro inevitably being broken, Hiro uh...breaking down, or in Transhumanism.

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 11:15AM

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Praha overheated hahaha!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Chika's busted. Everyone saw her in the end. Even her dad. Kek.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Are you telling me that my android waifu is not even close to be functional in the near future?
I bet she has the internal fans at 50 % to avoid noise, fucking developers... They always do that with the video cards

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Ahahaha Chika-chan..
She didnt know she was busted from the beginning...

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

Get busted HAHAHAHAHAHA

To reply you must either login or sign up.