Forum › Dark Forest, White Road discussion

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Damn, this is comfy

Sadg
joined Jun 23, 2013

Oh, I keep waiting for update! I wonder why?

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

This can only end in tears. 8')

Untitled
joined Oct 6, 2013

this just warms my heart so much

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

"Because I wanna meet you for a fourth time, and maybe I kinda wanna kiss you too."

Me: I kinda wanna see that too?

Damn, I can't wait for that. Lol.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's a bit worrisome, how much she's looking forward to her time together with Shou and the eventual heartbreak. Rather than the romance itself, she's considering the bigger picture, and determined to take it all in, the entire experience, the sweet and the bitter.
She has an interesting take on things, and has this way with words. Shou's really just getting dragged along, although it's not like it's unpleasant.
This is pretty interesting.

last edited at May 16, 2016 1:41AM

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

I have this horrible feeling that when Shou finally climbs out of her shell, Chiharu's going to get hit by a car or something.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Chiharu is a nice contrast to Shou. She is blind, but she still can find joy in life and has a snarky sense of humor.

last edited at May 16, 2016 3:14AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

That credits page...

This manga hits too much close to home. :(

last edited at May 16, 2016 6:02AM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

oh god if anybody dies in this manga I'm gonna have a fuckin bAd time

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Im really liking the dark setting but still feeling sweet.

Edit: watch is going to change and shit hits the fan...

last edited at May 16, 2016 9:54AM

joined Oct 3, 2014

Reading this reminds me of waiting for final semester grades to be posted and just expecting a train wreck. I'm scared but I keep coming back to check because I'm now too invested and hope against odds that it will turn out ok

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Nnnnngh. That was perfect. :'j

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Hmmng
It's just so beautifull and perfect

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

My ...this is so good, I love this.
But the more I read and the more I get the feeling it won't end happily. Not necessarily a bad end but I bet on a bittersweet one.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

This is good. But it's also kinda dark. And with "kinda" I mean pitch black...

I do hope this doesn't end like Philosophia by Amano Shuninta...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That credits page was interesting
3 more chapters, and I'm getting scared

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

"i have to pretend to care about things i have no interest in at all." that sure has rung true for me on more than one occasion. pretend to be a certain way just so that you seem normal, or even feel that little bit of normal. and not just about something like...sexual orientation, but something much deeper fundamentally.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This is good. But it's also kinda dark. And with "kinda" I mean pitch black...

I do hope this doesn't end like Philosophia by Amano Shuninta...

It does have a pretty morbid atmosphere, especially because of the MC's current state, i'm sure if she ends up dropping a smile the page will shine like the sun

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

only 3 chapters left? damn, this can end in various ways ;/

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

"Do you like me just because I told you I liked you?"

Asking tough questions.

I hope this story doesn't end with some "cure" or something. It might be nice if Shou could break ground with her sister.

What is going on with Shou... She's detached, but ...I can't tell much more than that. This manga seems to be leaning a bit more toward (alluring) dramatic darkness than psychological portrait/study. I get that the allusion to show being in a "much darker place than [her]" is playing on the fact that although Shou isn't blind, her world is darker. So I guess I could continue to have confidence that this Shou character is not just dealing with some temporary or childhood-trauma-driven disorder.

If this is a more serious manga, it's not just that Shou is getting pulled along. She's finally met someone who interacts without placing implicit expectations upon her. Blind girl (I've forgotten her name) is direct. Which is nice if you don't have ...interests (for lack of a better term). It's freeing. And safe. I think "pulled along" typically carries a negative valence, but I think that for Shou it's a positive because she wouldn't direct. Shou has trouble participating, but blind girl is providing a bridge into the world (a la Perks of Being a Wallflower's friends to the protagonist).

Definitely don't want to see the effects of blind girl leaving, but in life that's how it would usually go.

Well, I'm assuming quite a bit. I really can't tell much about Shou from the snippets thus far beyond what I mentioned earlier, she's detached, withdrawn, somewhat depressed and has some propensity for dissociating. Can't tell how much of what we've seen are side effects of "dealing with" the world versus ...her neurology. If these are all just the former, then she could have all curable things and that would be a bit of a let down.

Looking forward to the next update.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

i love it, i love chiharu, i love this manga, please dont hurt me, its making me so vulnerable to it, i want it even if it hurts.

joined Feb 14, 2016

This is so cute and good I hope it doesn't go bad

Seju
joined May 1, 2014

Yuri between a cynical and a disabled girl, in a lugubrious atmosphere, such a great story! Shou kind of remind me of Daria.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

i love it, i love chiharu, i love this manga, please dont hurt me, its making me so vulnerable to it, i want it even if it hurts.

I know, it's like you have a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach that something bad's going to happen but you can't stop coming back because it's so good. Augh.

To reply you must either login or sign up.