Forum › Ohana Holoholo discussion

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

oh sh..t het development.

This is only volume 2. there are reviews of the following volumes at http://okazu.yuricon.com/ and yes.. Reviews contain loads of spoilers 5 volumes published, and still to be continued.

joined Aug 5, 2013

I like that someone else other than Maya and Nico helped Michiru (nice people yay!) but I really hope this doesn't go het. Please no.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I don't think it's going het with the daycare dude. From what I'm seeing, this chapter is mainly humanizing him and showing that (1) he's not the enemy he seemed to be, (2) that he's a bit nostalgic about his own mother taking care of him in a similar situation, and (3) that Michiru is actually becoming more serious about both her career and her parenting.

I doubt any of that is the seeds of romance.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

oh sh..t het development.

This is only volume 2. there are reviews of the following volumes at http://okazu.yuricon.com/ and yes.. Reviews contain loads of spoilers 5 volumes published, and still to be continued.

BakaUpdates says it's finished with 6 volumes.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

Well, I don't think it's going het with the daycare dude. From what I'm seeing, this chapter is mainly humanizing him and showing that (1) he's not the enemy he seemed to be, (2) that he's a bit nostalgic about his own mother taking care of him in a similar situation, and (3) that Michiru is actually becoming more serious about both her career and her parenting.

I doubt any of that is the seeds of romance.

i love how the merest interaction between a man and a woman will make at least someone on this site break out in hives . . . remember everyone, the straights are people too!

anyway, i love this series ♡ everything about it is just so . . . lovely ♡♡♡♡

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i love how the merest interaction between a man and a woman will make at least someone on this site break out in hives . . . remember everyone, the straights are people too!

Yup, people you can't friggin' get away from in most media. I can definitely sympathize with the desire to have stories that don't go that way.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

^people that always get in the way of yuri.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

Yup, people you can't friggin' get away from in most media. I can definitely sympathize with the desire to have stories that don't go that way.

lol relax, it was a joke........

joined Feb 6, 2015

Kawaii released chapter 11 a month ago, is there a reason it's not here? It's great by the way, and surprising...

There was a little bit of a post-Christmas slump in scanlating, as people got back to work/school/midterms/etc., but things are picking back up now. Everything's translated and in-work-flow up through chapter 13 right now (currently working on 14), so hopefully the new chapters will be coming soon!

On the relationships, I am hoping Michiru shapes up and Maya and Michiru end up together. Hidesuke seems like a good guy, but his relationship with Maya right now seems just too much a thing of desperation from both sides. And I hope day-care-guy ends up as a friend and not a lover.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Kawaii released chapter 11 a month ago, is there a reason it's not here? It's great by the way, and surprising...

There was a little bit of a post-Christmas slump in scanlating, as people got back to work/school/midterms/etc., but things are picking back up now. Everything's translated and in-work-flow up through chapter 13 right now (currently working on 14), so hopefully the new chapters will be coming soon!

Thank you fot a great job!

last edited at Feb 6, 2015 4:21AM

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

I don't even want to know what sorcery this is, but Mochizuki is basically a copy of my brother. The expression, the messed up hair, the glasses, even his behavior.
That aside, does anyone else think that Hidesuke and Maya would actually be a nice couple? No? Oh well, nevermind then...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hidesuke seems like a good guy, but his relationship with Maya right now seems just too much a thing of desperation from both sides. And I hope day-care-guy ends up as a friend and not a lover.

Yes. Day-care-guy especially, is turning out to be a pretty great character. I'd love to see more of him, though hopefully not as any sort of love interest.

BakaUpdates says it's finished with 6 volumes.

That's correct, but IIRC volume 5 marks the end of the story, volume 6 is something else.

last edited at Feb 20, 2015 12:25PM

Prof%20pic%200
joined Feb 27, 2015

ooooh~! I feel like yuri is slowly blooming now~!!
I actually like the guys in this story, BUT!!
I still really hope that they actually end up together (Michiru x Maya)!!

joined Jan 8, 2014

Whew, had to catchup on the most recent volume...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really don't want this to have a het ending, but the latest couple of chapters make me super nervous since they're kinda-sorta heading that way.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I really don't want this to have a het ending, but the latest couple of chapters make me super nervous since they're kinda-sorta heading that way.

Don't worry. I'm also writing a bunch of useless stuff in here so you can't guess what it says without actually hovering over the spoiler. Anyways, it's not gonna go het.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

From my impression, I think the point of this manga might be how Maya and Michiru can be together after Michiru has a major character development. At least that would be awesome. Anyway, whichever way this manga will develope, it is awesome! Because this is great slice of life series with great characters.
I totally get the fear for stories to turn het, because this is what happens most of the time on TV. i like watching lesbian couples in soap operas or series. But you gotta be really lucky to find a well written couple there, which doesn't turn to a shit story like het cheating or one part dying... then you feel kind of played for a fool... :( Still, can't stop watching this shit. :O
But I think this story is really well written so far. Let's have faith in the mangaka. ^^

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

While my preference is a yuri end, I'm finding I don't care that much as long as Yuuta is happy and well taken care of.
It's not that I don't like the characters, and normally I'd be all about the romance and dreading anyone intruding on the yuri, but . . . priorities! Small angel descended upon us must. be. well.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

This is such a good story. I first hesitated reading this because it wasnt completely scanned and the last updated was more than half a year ago, but no regrets. I'd wait for it. It deserves at least that much

joined Jul 31, 2014

A beautiful and true story. I really like this story.
I still hope for Michiru and Maya will get back together because both of them still love each other. Well it depend whether Maya will give second chance to Michiru...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Shit I remember liking this but that's legit it. I'm gonna have to reread the whole thing before I can understand and enjoy the new updates

joined Oct 20, 2013

Sorry, there's no release post link here, and I botched the credits page! If you're downloading these, the link is almostkawaii.wordpress.com NOT almostkawaii@wordpress.com
After all that talking about quality checking, there was a typo on that very page.
We're moving along fairly well at the moment, so it won't be too long to the next update on this series, hopefully!

last edited at Apr 15, 2016 2:42AM

Untitled-1
joined Jun 11, 2013

this is good D:

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I got 36 chapters ( with two women kissing in the ch.33 and the finale) + 2 extras.

last edited at Apr 15, 2016 7:41AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Honestly and personally I choose not to re-read this after it's over.

To reply you must either login or sign up.