Forum › Posts by Hanabi

joined Oct 20, 2013

Why are Love Live doujin artists so good at drawing hair?

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

I haven't seen this series before. I like the style of humor, and the artwork is very beautiful. Looking forward to reading the rest. Love the chapter names as well!

It looks like it is a much better take on the sort of self-aware yuri trope parodies than Yuri-Danshi. I hope the artist has planned the story out well; a lot of series lately (particularly from yuri-hime) seem to have been reluctant to come to a natural conclusion and have instead fallen into endless plot meandering and irrelevant character arcs.

Hanabi
Hinatama discussion 11 Jul 07:47
joined Oct 20, 2013

Aaaaaw
This is great!

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

"Can you enjoy baseball without a bat?" :dying:

I was just about to post exactly that comment, and you beat me by two minutes haha.

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

It actually got re-started quite a while ago (there are five volumes already) under the slightly different name. There is also an anime project announced!

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

I might be a bit late saying this, but I think that Haruka's family name is Okuzono or Okusono (奥園)
https://myoji-yurai.net/searchResult.htm?myojiKanji=%E5%A5%A5%E5%9C%92
Appearently, it's not a very popular name

This is a late reply. A reader (it may well have been you) sent me an e-mail with the same correct name (Okuzono), along with another correction. I didn't try to fix it up in this release as it's probably not super-important.

joined Oct 20, 2013

WOW!

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

Most of the stories in Eclair are too short. Why is that?

A couple have kind of rushed endings, but most of them are fairly long. The short ones are being prioritised to keep to the chapter/day schedule. The contents page (3) tells you the length of each chapter (most about 20 pages).

On the homepage:
"I'm trying to do a 'one-shot advent calendar' translation marathon in the lead up for Christmas.
The order may change- I will need to do shorter or less SFX heavy ones during days I am busy."

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 8:56PM

Hanabi
Hairdresser discussion 19 Dec 16:16
joined Oct 20, 2013

This is my favourite chapter from the book so far; rather than a dramatic plot, it really focuses on conveying the tone and the atmosphere of a single beautiful moment through a lot of subtle touches and details. I think it's very impressive to think it's the artist's yuri debut since it captures the vibe so well.

joined Oct 20, 2013

Why are we all here?

joined Oct 20, 2013

"I stick to a rule that boys are no good for main characters"

Is it bad that I absolutely have no problems with this rule, at least most of the times sometimes?

Acctually someone mentioned that this sentence was translated wrong and it's more like:
"The main character cannot be male - was a requirement."
So it seems like someone sugested to mangaka to make that story only about girls.

That's not reeallly the case, although it is a super super loose translation. Can't remember the exact wording but the most literal translation would have been something like 'because of the restriction that having a male for a main character is NG (no good), i made it...'
It isn't implied that it was someone else's rule, it is ambiguous though. Admittedly, the entire translation of the afterword was a bit of a babbling 3:00 in the morning piece of trash written on the last dying embers of a dose of caffeine. I gave up on a literal TL that didn't sound awkward.

The reason I assume it is just a self-imposed rule is that 1, i'm not aware of Sugano Manami having had a male main character in the last 10 years, 2, the book is a collection of one-shots and doujins, so it seems unlikely there would be any external requirements and 3, let's be honest, it's true.

last edited at Dec 16, 2016 11:16AM

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

Anyone know how much chapters this manga contain all in all?

There are 36 chapters, but after that there is about half a tankobon worth of extra chapters, which possibly puts it to 42.

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

If anyone is wondering why the break was much longer than I had originally anticipated, we had cleaned scans good to go by the end of last year. The translator for this series then also had to take a few months off. It's a big priority (both pragmatically and altruistically) that a TL or editor who has worked continuously on a series for such a long time should be given a lot of time and leeway so they can pick up where they left off, but in the end they did not have the time to come back to the series. In retrospect I waited too long before filling in for them. Lesson learned.

With regards to the name change, Ketsune and I felt that Miss Sunflower was an over-Anglicisation that was at odds with our convention (and everyone else's convention) of preserving honorifics.

joined Oct 20, 2013

Went ahead and spoilered myself with the latest chapter.
Glasses guy is gay for the brother, brother is a siscon but has some interest for glasses guy, and the main trio still seems completely unaware of each other's love. That's basically no progress since the first chapter, really awful considering they're usually huge.
dropped

Not entirely true. Haven't read vol 4 yet but Kotooka at least knows everything.
(Word of warning, these are actual spoilers)

joined Oct 20, 2013

Wait, so this series have been scanned and translated in the past already? And here i thought it was a new series.

It's a current ongoing series (3 volumes released so far with a 4th coming out in a few weeks).
The chapter one was previously translated by /u/ scanlations a few months ago, but it looks like Hachimitsu have started from the beginning, rather than where /u/ left off.

joined Oct 20, 2013

Woohoo! So happy the TL for this is continuing. It's a really nice story! It's my favourite ongoing manga.

The above comment by Faust is correct. Her brother is hilarious.

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

Mimika.exe has stopped responding

You win.

Next chapter will be ten pages of ellipsis, followed by Mimika looking her dead in the eyes and saying "yes"

joined Oct 20, 2013

Torashima is so cute. Weird and cute.

joined Oct 20, 2013

^Anon on /u/ already translated SIDE B, but recetly said he won't edit it since it's licenced and will stick to the doujins now. Dunno if he will finish SIDE A though. Only one chapter left. Damn.

Brilliant. I hadn't yet looked to see if it was in progress but since there was a big gap in Side A I had tentatively assumed there weren't working on Side B. That is good to hear though.

I hope side A gets finished, even if it's only up for a few months. I think it'd be unwise for the licensee to complain about the unnofficial translators that essentially create most their market. That said, everyone should do what they can to make sure the author gets supported as much as possible.

joined Oct 20, 2013

To add a bit more info, Side A: Another Yuritopia and Side B: Naka Yoshi Quiz are going to be released together as an omnibus in English, which should be awesome. Dunno what /u/ will do. Licensing is a bittersweet thing for scanlators, I think.

I'd actually finished translating first quarter of Naka Yoshi Quiz, and got a second copy to debind and everything, but I'll will put it on hold indefinitely, unless it looks like the English release will fall through for whatever reason. I think the second part is possibly even better than the first. Basically it's about two girls who love watching intimate friendships who join a quiz club in order to ship/watch the president and vice president, then end up together themselves.

last edited at Jun 23, 2016 9:49PM

joined Oct 20, 2013

Missing page has been a-a-a-added

Thanks! sorry 'bout that.

joined Oct 20, 2013

Plot continuity is for losers.

Which begs the question, when are we gonna get a doujin of them fucking in space?
Or any doujin of two girls fucking in space for that matter?

+1. It'd save me having to typeset anything.

last edited at May 3, 2016 10:23PM

joined Oct 20, 2013

Ohh... Awesome... I might have to buy this one.

Hanabi
Image Comments 19 Apr 20:19
joined Oct 20, 2013
26844180_p0

Leftover shipping is the best.

Hanabi
joined Oct 20, 2013

Sorry, there's no release post link here, and I botched the credits page! If you're downloading these, the link is almostkawaii.wordpress.com NOT almostkawaii@wordpress.com
After all that talking about quality checking, there was a typo on that very page.
We're moving along fairly well at the moment, so it won't be too long to the next update on this series, hopefully!

last edited at Apr 15, 2016 2:42AM