Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Jan 21, 2015

If someone (or everyone) dies I think it'll be handled well, I just don't want it to happen haha. I'll probably be in denial until there are too many death flags to ignore.

And they've somehow managed to tell a sci-fi epic on a network that specializes in episodic crime procedurals for old people, so they have experience in not listening to what people want--which I'm grateful for, otherwise given the general audience's opinions the show would never have left the procedural format and all the ladies would be dead.
I'm probably a bit old school about this because I think in many cases people being able to communicate directly with writers, showrunners and actors can lead to false hope, especially for people who ship same-sex pairings.

When the season starts we should take bets on how both of them could die :p Maybe gallows humor will make it hurt less.

Gallows humor is best humor! What should we bet with? Internet points? Cookies?? Lillies???

Since it's Root and Shaw, maybe virtual tasers or knives or handcuffs would be more appropriate? (This is all assuming we ever actually get the freaking season. Damn you, CBS!)

joined Mar 25, 2013

I actually like how it started out - as a procedural show I mean - because the world they built throughout those 2 seasons was spectacular, with all the flashbacks. Even now, one of my favorite episodes remain 1x04 just because how it ends. It also goes to show how much they managed to build it because the third season was starting to pick-up on the plot and they even got a full 4th, knowing that the 'number-of-the-week' formula isn't going to be all that important, and yet, they made them important. They even threw in references to old numbers.

The only thing I don't like is the 'psychologist' for John. She's committing a big no-no in regards to her standing as his therapist and stuff. Though if they make her out to be working for Samaritan, that'd be cool xD

I also think from various comic-con stuffs that they were set out to make the show what it is now, they just needed to build a fanbase and establish the lore so it doesn't crumble. I think that even Nolan was the one who said that when he first pitched the ideas that came with the first episode on how it would proceed that they only just exhausted them all in the season 2 finale. I don't think the audience would've had any say either way xD The guys know what they want and got it (bar the shorter 5th season).

The problem with people from the series interacting with fans is that they can't really communicate properly, cause they'll give their episodes away and how they lean, and even falsely give information about future plot points.

@TB if you want to see pretty spot-on analysis of season 4 episodes go here http://centaurianthropology.tumblr.com/tagged/Person-of-Interest they are done after each episode and there's insight about things that I wouldn't have thought about. And there aren't just episode analysis, there's also some pretty cool speculation when an anon asks something.

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 8:51PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

The only thing I don't like is the 'psychologist' for John. She's committing a big no-no in regards to her standing as his therapist and stuff. Though if they make her out to be working for Samaritan, that'd be cool xD

I've yet to see a single person who likes that subplot! Not only was it unprofessional, it was so out of place, almost like on those shows where they don't know what to do with a character so they stick them in a romantic relationship. I'm actually hoping for her to be a Samaritan mole. Otherwise I think I wouldn't even mind if she just suddenly had to leave town and was only mentioned in a throwaway line. It's funny because if you look at this relationship next to Root/Shaw you could use them as examples of do's and don't's of how to write a compelling romance.

@TB if you want to see pretty spot-on analysis of season 4 episodes go here http://centaurianthropology.tumblr.com/tagged/Person-of-Interest they are done after each episode and there's insight about things that I wouldn't have thought about. And there aren't just episode analysis, there's also some pretty cool speculation when an anon asks something.

I've read some of this person's meta! Thanks for reminding me of their URL. I really liked the analysis they wrote after 4x07 for the many people who accused the show of queerbaiting.

Apparently Mr. Robot is adding a recurring lesbian character in its second season. Anyone watch the first one? It was pretty good. Some people ship Darlene and Trenton and I'd be surprised if it happened, but it is a tempting thought.

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 8:03AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Mr Robot is an awesome show . Nothing else to say, everyone should watch it.

I trust them to make this new character interesting as hell because that's what they do.
Concerning Darlene and Trenton, honestly, I don't believe it one bit x)

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 9:07AM

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

Gallows humor is best humor! What should we bet with? Internet points? Cookies?? Lillies???

Since it's Root and Shaw, maybe virtual tasers or knives or handcuffs would be more appropriate? (This is all assuming we ever actually get the freaking season. Damn you, CBS!)

Oooh! I got it, how about bullets? Fits with the theme and would be easier to handle. Or we could incorporate it all, 100 bullets is one knife 100 knives is one taser. There's no rush, we've got time to think, it's not like it's gonna air next week. (or the week after that, or after that....)

Can't say I've watched Mr. Robot, looks interesting so I might give it a try. On a somewhat unrelated note, anyone know of any good web fiction/novels? Besides one or two fanfics I can actually read, and Worm which isn't that relevant here, it's not something I have much experience with.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Apparently Mr. Robot is adding a recurring lesbian character in its second season. Anyone watch the first one? It was pretty good. Some people ship Darlene and Trenton and I'd be surprised if it happened, but it is a tempting thought.

Cool, Mr. Robot is a brilliant show, I'd totally trust them with anything.
I got some heavy Darlene and Trenton vibes aswell, I don't think they would add the shots in like they did, especially from Trenton's perspective.

June can't come soon enough. Not to mention that Orange is the New Black is coming back in June too.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Going to drop by to say: I take it back, the lesbian couple on TWD got a proper scene along with the hetero couples on the latest episode complete with a kiss and "I love you" They are so R.I.P. aren't they?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

If someone is interested, there is another Thai yuri manga Del Vento (gangster, butch x femme) *click*. For now there are 8 chapters in Thai on ookbee but author is planning to translate it by herself sooo :>

joined Jan 21, 2015

Oooh! I got it, how about bullets? Fits with the theme and would be easier to handle. Or we could incorporate it all, 100 bullets is one knife 100 knives is one taser. There's no rush, we've got time to think, it's not like it's gonna air next week. (or the week after that, or after that....)

Bullets sound good! Honestly I wouldn't mind betting on the potential deaths of all remaining characters, like a really cynical game of reverse Clue. But yeah, we've still got time. Months, probably. Sigh.

I got some heavy Darlene and Trenton vibes aswell, I don't think they would add the shots in like they did, especially from Trenton's perspective.

Sometimes it really looked like Trenton had a crush on Darlene, or at least seeing how charged some shots were that's immediately where my mind went. I personally didn't think it seemed mutual, but sometimes you have to slap me in the face with subtext before I'll see it. And they didn't have many scenes together to dissect. Hope they get more next season.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Going to drop by to say: I take it back, the lesbian couple on TWD got a proper scene along with the hetero couples on the latest episode complete with a kiss and "I love you" They are so R.I.P. aren't they?

I wasn't sure about Tara and Denise but now I'm totally on board. Obviously no one is safe on this show but I believe they'll keep both around for a little longer.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

So The 100 is getting renewed for a 4th Season. I see a lot of people extremely mad about this but I think it's more of a chance to redeem themselves. Because like the writers said, every character on that show is not hetero so how come everyone is boycotting against it?

I'm seeing people rallying up against The CW and all that the show stands for.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
joined Jan 21, 2015

So The 100 is getting renewed for a 4th Season. I see a lot of people extremely mad about this but I think it's more of a chance to redeem themselves.

Maybe if they get a new showrunner. This one is a disaster and clearly has no intention of learning from his mistakes because he refuses to acknowledge he's made any in the first place. Plus, the cast hates him. Some cast members are at a con right now and they're just freely spilling the beans to fans about BTS drama. No sources at the moment apart from people present who are tweeting incoherently about it, but I'm sure we'll have audio or video within a couple days.

This is better than a soap opera. I can't wait for the next big twist.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I figure this is as good a place as any to put it -- there's a kickstarter here for a documentary about Japan's LGBT&c. scene; not strictly yuri but definitely relevant to peoples' interests here. It's only got a couple days left and is almost -- but not quite -- at its funding goal. If I had some cash to spare I'd throw it at the project because it sounds interesting, but I don't really have a lot to spare right now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grahamk/the-queer-japan-project

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

So The 100 is getting renewed for a 4th Season. I see a lot of people extremely mad about this but I think it's more of a chance to redeem themselves.

Maybe if they get a new showrunner. This one is a disaster and clearly has no intention of learning from his mistakes because he refuses to acknowledge he's made any in the first place. Plus, the cast hates him. Some cast members are at a con right now and they're just freely spilling the beans to fans about BTS drama. No sources at the moment apart from people present who are tweeting incoherently about it, but I'm sure we'll have audio or video within a couple days.

This is better than a soap opera. I can't wait for the next big twist.

After reading about SurvivalCon I agree. That guy needs to go.

Honestly, this season has been focusing way too much on two relationships only, the rest kinda went to shit, although there was a decent amount of Raven and Octavia which I'm thankful for. For example Clarke and Raven, which I've always shipped more than Lexa and Clarke for some reason, have not even mentioned eachother once.

And if the Tweets are right, they just cut out Lincoln's scenes which is so disrespectful. I can forgive but there are limits.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Made me lol...

last edited at Mar 12, 2016 6:22AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Made me lol...
(http://www.sinfest.net/btphp/comics/2016-03-11.gif)
(http://www.sinfest.net/btphp/comics/2016-03-12.gif)

Ok the punchline was good xD

last edited at Mar 12, 2016 8:54AM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

are those two really the only printed comics? O_O wow...

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Anyone know what the ratings for the recet 100 ep are?

Rize_by_kr0npr1nz-d88nnll
joined Oct 27, 2015

Anyone know what the ratings for the recet 100 ep are?

Latest episode aired was Terms and Conditions and it got 5.1 on IMDb but the previous one, Thirteen, it's still the one with the lowest rating.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013
Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

A new article about the new Xena. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/xena-gabrielle-lovers

Let's be completely honest here: Even though XWP wasn't all in our face with their relationship being openly gay or whatever doesn't mean it wasn't obvious. Just imagine what they're actually saying with this, sure it might be more physical and some sort of satisfaction about it but will it ever live up to the relationship these two had in the original XWP?

And after all these could just be empty promises. I'm excited to watch the reboot but it wont even come close to what the original gave us in terms of relationship, no matter how much glorious homoerotic overtones it will bring us.

Needles to say, if they pull it off like they say they will, I'll be happy nonetheless. I just feel like some people are undermining the connection Xena and Gabrielle had through solid 6 seasons.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

If there's chemistry between the new X and G, then I think it can work very well, as long as the writing is just as good as the early seasons of Xena were. The original has a nostalgia filter on it, same with the Hercules show.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I didn't grew up with the Xena show so I watched some of it recently and honestly, people are probably gonna throw stone at me, but at some point I shipped Xena more with Calisto x)

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I liked Callisto a lot, so no stones from me! She was more fun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.