Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Callisto was interesting as a character, but funny enough I actually liked her dynamic with Gabrielle more than with Xena. After all Xena is the reason why Callisto turned the wrong way.

I didn't grew up with the Xena show so I watched some of it recently

Did you like the show in general? I hope you get to watch all of it if you have the time. It's honestly the greated show in existence if you ask me. And I love all of it, including the ridiculousness.

last edited at Mar 14, 2016 6:17PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Was it just me or was 'Jenny's Wedding' kind of hilarious?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

If by kind of hilarious you mean really bad, then it wasn't just you.

joined Mar 25, 2013

If by kind of hilarious you mean really bad, then it wasn't just you.

Yeah, Kitty it seemed like didn't even want to get married. She had pretty eyes though. Oh also! 'The grass is dead! Why is it dead!'

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Honestly the sister was the reason I watched the movie all the way through, she was hilarious.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

okay okay! so I have a suggestion! I recently watched a Japanese film. It's called The Little House. I don't want to spoil it but it's sort of a strange film. There isn't any, umm... 'action' in it but basically it's sort of a mystery but it's pretty obvious once you figure it out. Well, I guess it's obvious from the start for any girl that relates to it ^-^'''

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So I've been playing Dirty Bomb lately, really fun and free to play multiplayer shooter with focus on multi stage objective based gameplay. Turns out one of the classes has a wife. Obviously, this being a multiplayer shooter and all, her having a wife does literally nothing to the gameplay and it's not even mentioned anywhere other than the character profile linked above. Would be really forced if she mentioned it in the game though to be honest. Like, wouldn't fit at all. Basically I'm just mentioning it here cause it's an awesome game.

And another character doesn't like dicks.

Heh.

Yeah, Kitty it seemed like didn't even want to get married. She had pretty eyes though. Oh also! 'The grass is dead! Why is it dead!'

Actually confused Jenny's Wedding with another movie about a wedding. Which was really bad and I can't remember the name of. Jenny's Wedding was just kinda boring I guess, high point was definitely the sister,
Jenny's Wedding is basically the worse version of Perfect Family.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Finally finished 'Interference' by Zoe Reed, and I can't recommend this book enough. THE CHARACTERS ACTUALLY TALK TO EACH OTHER ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS. It's also a decent length, and I gravitated towards it despite it being so long because the author has probably the best Korrasami I've read so far (it's still in progress). It's on AO3 and it's called 'Blue' and it's stupidly cute/fluffy/sweet. Also very hot sex scenes.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

bob2alien posted:

Heh, I thought it was going to be that ending, in my case I save Chloe cause fuck everyone else, Bae before Bay! I also knew you could have romance with Warren instead, but by chapter 2 I was already tired of his shit

While I had nothing against Warren he didn't really have that big a part in the story imo, plus that attempted hug in ep 1 just cracks me up.

I don't have anything in particular against him either, he just felt a little too pushy, if at least he had more scenes like that hilarious attempted hug maybe it would have been better, I also finished the game some days ago, the end is not as bad as people say, it really is overreaction, you can actually argue where Sacrifice Chloe ending really start or not, though inevitably it does gives the impression of being longer anyway, now I can't wait for the fanmade visual novel Love is Strange to be released now on april 1st.

melevas posted:

So The 100 is getting renewed for a 4th Season. I see a lot of people extremely mad about this but I think it's more of a chance to redeem themselves. Because like the writers said, every character on that show is not hetero so how come everyone is boycotting against it?

I'm seeing people rallying up against The CW and all that the show stands for.

I get what you mean, the problem is that "no one is straight" is just a poorly made excuse to pander lgbt fanbase, cause I bet in the end all couples will be between a man and a woman, especially because it's already obvious he doesn't care about making a good work, so making everyone end in straight relationship to pander straight fans will be easier than try to make lgbt fans happy after how they fucked up the serie.

As for Xena, I loved Calisto too, is it just me or new Calisto won't be as cool? Though that might be the case for Xena and Gabrielle too, man I really hope they don't fuck it up, we really need a good serie that end with a lgbt couple, and now that things are more open to lgbt in general compared to the time when original Xena was made, they could also show a lot more of their relatioship too. :/

last edited at Mar 18, 2016 7:52PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Anyone else watching koukaku no pandora?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

it really is overreaction

Is it though?

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Off and on, yes.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar posted:

it really is overreaction

Is it though?

Honestly? I'm not saying they're not right in their complaints, but at least in my opinion it's not that bad, but it could have definitely been done better, both endings, did you play it OriginalGengar? If not I can give you all spoilers and say how it is on irc, I'm there right now.

Kitsune Spirit posted:

Off and on, yes.

Is it any good? One of you is reading the manga? I wonder if we can hope for real yuri ending instead of just fanservice.

last edited at Mar 18, 2016 11:57PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Pandoras Yuri is as real to me as your mindset of "real" yuri instead of it being just fanservice.

It's pretty awesome beyond the ridiculous premise and more thought out in it's universe than I expected.

Also, Pandora sex power up > VD's

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Honestly? I'm not saying they're not right in their complaints, but at least in my opinion it's not that bad, but it could have definitely been done better, both endings, did you play it OriginalGengar? If not I can give you all spoilers and say how it is on irc, I'm there right now.

Haven't played it but I've seen both endings. One is clearly more fleshed out than the other one. Like, way more fleshed out. Like, the other one is really half assed. They clearly wanted you to take one ending over the other.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Oh so you only saw them on Youtube, the problem with the ending where you sacrifice Chloe is that you can argue where it really starts, remember how they show pictures being burned and changed? That happens every time Max change the past using a picture, it's not something made for the ending only, next scene is her crying in the bathroom, but we could argue that the ending itself only really starts when we go to the funeral, if you compare the funeral with them getting out of the city if you save Chloe the difference is not much big, but of course that depends on how you see it.

But my point is not only that, saving Chloe shows them getting out of the city in a car, you go in that same street on another scene where you save some people and see some dead, but in the ending the street is clean, not even those you see dead or the dagame you saw before are there, same for the ones that you saved but should have died now, so it's not Chloe die x everyone die like some think, the creators themselves said you decide who dies or not.

But I do agree that either way it still gives the impression that sacrificing Chloe is longer, especially because of the music, it all depends on how you see it, that's why I agree that even if you interpret the endings like that people is right in complaining, on purpose or not they didn't made the endings very well, they should have made both better but supposedly they didn't have money or time left.

Pandoras Yuri is as real to me as your mindset of "real" yuri instead of it being just fanservice.

It's pretty awesome beyond the ridiculous premise and more thought out in it's universe than I expected.

Also, Pandora sex power up > VD's

I see, I might watch it later, thanks Ratte.

last edited at Mar 19, 2016 4:55AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Is it any good? One of you is reading the manga? I wonder if we can hope for real yuri ending instead of just fanservice.

Pandora's manga version new chapter has been released. Nene and Clarion will potentially face another Clarion ?!? in future chapter.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Pandora's manga version new chapter has been released. Nene and Clarion will potentially face another Clarion ?!? in future chapter.

OT3

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Off and on, yes.

Well Nene basically she admitted she loved clarion this episode (the specific wording and use of "fond" in that context is similar to how "the moon is beautiful tonight" means I love you) and then had a fantasy about her coming back to.....hold hands and stuff with her

It's really fun for me, I wouldn't say its amazing but this show deserves a second season to bring people in when it's done.......not that it will get one because barely anyone is watching it, they seem to have all written it as as "yuri bait crap" when no, that's not what it is at all.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I see, thanks ekw79 and Rosenakahara, I sure hope it won't disappoint in the end, cause I have to admit that it sure looks nice.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well, just watched The Walking Dead latest episode, Denise died, she's one of the lesbian characters, her girlfriend Tara will probably die too, only two episodes left and the actress is pregnant.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Well, just watched The Walking Dead latest episode, Denise died, she's one of the lesbian characters, her girlfriend Tara will probably die too, only two episodes left and the actress is pregnant.

I was unintentionally spoiled by FB.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Welp the 100 and the walking dead are on a roll with the bury your lesbians right now.
GG, we will never get happy lesbians till the new Xena comes out and that is still very likely to end badly.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I don't really feel super irritated for twd doing this, It's still the trope, but I don't really expect anyone to live for very long. And it's not like the showrunner for twd was gay-bating the show like the 100 was/is.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I found a Kdrama that has "Subtext yuri" called Please Come Back, Mister. This isn't really a spoiler as it’s in the description of the show but the "subtext yuri isn't actually yuri as Hang Nan who is a man comes back as a female (reincarnation) tries to protect his ex-girlfriend this is where the "subtext yuri" comes from. But, I will say this of course there will not be full yuri as Korea doesn't like homosexuals in their dramas. It’s confusing to explain but it’s funny to watch and a comedy where the two leads don't fall in love. I know that’s shocking as Kdramas has to have romance at every turn but this focuses on families, which I really like. So if you want a funny Kdrama with some sad moments I would wholly recommend this.

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 3:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.