Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I agree with you Kitsune Spirit. I was just making my post but you said first.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that we simply can't compare The 100 with TWD at all when it comes to the death of the lgbt character, because unlike The 100, TWD never promised lgbt characters, never made hype about it, never promoted themselves because of that, like how they're superior than other shows because of how they include lgbt characters, they never treated them as something special, they never tried to bait people, not to mention that the deaths are completely different and in my opinion it fits the character, also, The Walking Dead never tried to be a particularly well written serie and only the main characters have plot armor, their plot armor is so strong that they survive situations that they shouldn't have survived at all, Glenn being the worst offender, the rest can die pretty much any time and in some pretty stupid ways or even impossible ways.

Just so people have some context, they're not killing her because she's lesbian, I'm actually surprised that Denise died, everyone was probably expecting that her girlfriend Tara would be the one to die since the actress is pregnant, we're in the part of the story where they're going to fight the Saviors so it's guaranteed that more characters will die, another reason you could see Denise as a good choice to be killed is because she's basically the medic of their settlement, which will cause more drama later when someone gets injured, they also used her to play with us, Denise wanted to go see a shop that had a pharmacy inside because it could have some meds no one found, so she made Daryl and Rosita go with her, first Denise had the brilliant idea of going alone in a dark room where you could hear noises of a walker, but he was all fucked up so there was no risk, later she had the brilliant idea of getting a cooler from a car that had a walker inside, now this time she really almost died, then they continue to walk, Denise stops to start a speech for Daryl and Rosita because she doesn't like how they're acting, we're near the end of the episode, everything is cool, then she takes an arrow to the eye out of nowhere and dies, it's some Saviors that found them, they kill those Saviors with help of one of their friends that was hiding and then they go home, so in my opinion her character would have died the same way if she was straight or a man.

Well, guess this was a unnecessarily big as always...

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 6:13PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

She's like those idiots in mmos that wanders off in dungeons and comes running back screaming for help because the whole area aggro'ed on them. xD

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Just so people have some context, they're not killing her because she's lesbian...

She got comic book Abraham's death. I called it but I'm still drowning my sorrow by searching for precure stuff on pixiv...

She's like those idiots in mmos that wanders off in dungeons and comes running back screaming for help because the whole area aggro'ed on them. xD

There was more to it than that, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

For novels I suggest 'The Second Sister' and its sequels. And btw, which of those series are actually centered on yuri romance?
Also this, I just found it, it's really cute!! >.< https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHqIMa_70gk
Omg and! Lily Fever! It's a short Korean web-series!! it's so funny!! it's on youtube with english subtitles as well and there might be a second season! >.<

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 4:11PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

For people who heard about anime: Yuri on ice - there will be yuri, but not as we thought it might be it can even has yaoi.... more info here

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

For people who heard about anime: Yuri on ice - there will be yuri, but not as we thought it might be it can even has yaoi.... more info here

I thought Yuri was the name of the guy or something because I didn't see any girls whatsoever I don't really like it when an anime is full of guys or full of girls, but full of girls I can handle but full of guys I'm like -.-

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Fraud! Sue them for misrepresentation! Burn their studio down!

... joking...

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Koukaku no pandora had a disappointing ending for me that will only be somewhat better on the very rare chance that it gets a season 2.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Love is Strange is out http://loveisstrange-vn.tumblr.com/post/142072569900/after-a-wild-journey-lasting-roughly-half-a-year

It's a free fan-VN about the Life is Strange game.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Well, i know what I'm playing tomorrow!!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Anyone see Ria Mae's Gold mv?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JV1c0mHb7w

last edited at Apr 2, 2016 5:58PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Anyone see Ria Mae's Gold mv?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JV1c0mHb7w

Oh wow! The music was good too.

Edit: Playing Love is Strange now, lol at Hot Dawg. xD

last edited at Apr 2, 2016 8:23PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Love is Strange: Victoria is tsundere - "It's not like I want to photograph you or anything!" lol

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

couple-ish is a youtube webseries that has queer relationships and characters. dunno if anyone else has mentioned this but its pretty good.

I didn't feel like there was anything outstanding about this webseries and in the end they fell into one of the dumbest cliches, it was a disappointment.

Love is Strange: Victoria is tsundere - "It's not like I want to photograph you or anything!" lol

I'm surprised to say Victoria's route was my least favorite. On the other hand, Rachel's route was surprisingly good. Now I miss Life is Strange even more. We'll have to wait decades before we see a game like this again and a fanbase that will follow up with an amazing VN.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Soooo Onco Upon A Time finally did it. Not just a canon pairing but an actual kiss. More than one.

Anyone seen it? It's Dorothy and Ruby.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I will never get to that point... Once upon a time bore me so much

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From what I gather, the smart money is on them ticking off the checkbox, and the audience will rarely see those characters again. I haven't watched the show, but it's basically pairing a non-regular side character with a new character introduced for just that storyline, neither of whom have main line Disney merchandise to jeopardize. Unlike say, Mulan.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Dorothy is kinda mainline though, more so than Ridinghood at least.

Also Jem and the Holograms comic series by IDW, Kimber and Stormer are a couple.

last edited at Apr 19, 2016 8:24PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I think it's nice that they added this. And if we see them again or not might not even matter because they'll live happily ever after.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think it's nice that they added this. And if we see them again or not might not even matter because they'll live happily ever after.

Eh, having them be queer tokens leaves a bad taste. They get to be happily ever after, the creators get to pat each other on the back for being so inclusive, and the audience...gets one episode, and maybe the occasional cameo in a group shot. Nothing that really affects the series in any lasting way.

joined Mar 25, 2013

And what's the general reception? Are they happy that they're including lesbian characters or are the other part of the community trying to imply that they're trying to divert the attention from Emma/Regina? xD

Or something like that.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Eh, having them be queer tokens leaves a bad taste. They get to be happily ever after, the creators get to pat each other on the back for being so inclusive, and the audience...gets one episode, and maybe the occasional cameo in a group shot. Nothing that really affects the series in any lasting way.

I'd rather them get a one off than have them get more episodes together and then have the Bury Your Gays trope rear it's undead body once again. And it being a network station, it will.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd rather them get a one off than have them get more episodes together and then have the Bury Your Gays trope rear it's undead body once again. And it being a network station, it will.

I'm oddly reminded of this sequence. It's feel-good "kindness" glossing over the fact that we're still just getting table scraps.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm oddly reminded of this sequence. It's feel-good "kindness" glossing over the fact that we're still just getting table scraps.

Do you know how many children watch this show? This was huge, and the fact that they included it so naturally will make younger audience feel normal which is so important and definitely deserves thanks over more complaining. OUAT has a huge audience and they did us a good deed with this, not only these 2 ladies but also Mulan.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

And what's the general reception? Are they happy that they're including lesbian characters or are the other part of the community trying to imply that they're trying to divert the attention from Emma/Regina? xD

Or something like that.

I'm seeing a very split community. On Facebook lots of people are complaining that they are not going to allow their children and themselves to watch a show that gives in to perverted things and other ridiculous stuff.

On the other hand the reception is not overwhelming but I see just as much people happy about this.

As for Emma and Regina, that's just another story entirely and honestly who wants to give into ship wars if we're all fighting for the same thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.