Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Hah, thats a neat idea for a VN... I assume there's yuri of some sort?

spoiler-ish

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Hey guys, someone is translating another yuri from Lezhin, Vengeance, they just released chapter 18 some days ago, only 22 chapters, the funny thing is that Lezhin decided to sell it in english like WDTFS, they already released 5 chapters some days ago, and by accident I found they're selling yet another yuri webcomic in english, Her Pet, now I wonder if they have any other yuri webcomic.

And again link to mangaupdates xD ghaaa I hate that web. They aren't uploading things there, only on imgur. That's why updates are also on Tumblr xD Her Pet or like in Korean Lezhin - Her Dog, Vengeance. They also started translating Broken Lily but stopped because other projects had higher priority.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Is anyone watching The Shannara Chronicles?

That's really bad... I'm still watching because I already started and for a time I thought some gay stuff between the two main girl could happen (which could be cute). Plus I don't like stopping a series halfway but it's soooooo bad that It's really hard for me to watch

Haven't watched the show, but I read the book a while back and there was zero yuri in it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The series doesn't follow the book at all romantically speaking apparently, one of the girls is portrayed as bisexual and kinda hit on the other one time. But that nothing serious, typical teen show : add drama and sexual tension whenever you can but in the end it will all be about the guy.

That's a shame. I heard that they changed things from the books, but I never how much. As they say, there is always hope, until it's completely crushed.

Bad in terms of what? I think they did a great job developing the characters (especially Eretria) and their relationships. Not just that but like you said, it's based on the books and the lore of the books is captivating, who expects a first season to be absolutely brilliant? Sure they made some changes and it looks like they're adapting all of the ''elfstones of shannara'' book into one season but they managed to make a lot of things better in the series than in the books.

Eretria's and Amberle's relationship isn't just ''about they guy'', I'm actually sad to read that because they've come a long way and even the actresses say that their characters are sometimes closer to eachother then they are to Wil.

Eretria is bisexual in the series which also indicates that she might have some feelings for Amberle, this is pretty obvious for me in the last few episodes and one of the writers/producers has confirmed that he is not ''playing with us''.

But apparently it's easy to dismiss so many good things about a series just because the relationship between the women isn't romantically canon (yet).

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Is anyone watching The Shannara Chronicles?

That's really bad... I'm still watching because I already started and for a time I thought some gay stuff between the two main girl could happen (which could be cute). Plus I don't like stopping a series halfway but it's soooooo bad that It's really hard for me to watch

Haven't watched the show, but I read the book a while back and there was zero yuri in it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The series doesn't follow the book at all romantically speaking apparently, one of the girls is portrayed as bisexual and kinda hit on the other one time. But that nothing serious, typical teen show : add drama and sexual tension whenever you can but in the end it will all be about the guy.

That's a shame. I heard that they changed things from the books, but I never how much. As they say, there is always hope, until it's completely crushed.

Bad in terms of what? I think they did a great job developing the characters (especially Eretria) and their relationships. Not just that but like you said, it's based on the books and the lore of the books is captivating, who expects a first season to be absolutely brilliant? Sure they made some changes and it looks like they're adapting all of the ''elfstones of shannara'' book into one season but they managed to make a lot of things better in the series than in the books.

Eretria's and Amberle's relationship isn't just ''about they guy'', I'm actually sad to read that because they've come a long way and even the actresses say that their characters are sometimes closer to eachother then they are to Wil.

Eretria is bisexual in the series which also indicates that she might have some feelings for Amberle, this is pretty obvious for me in the last few episodes and one of the writers/producers has confirmed that he is not ''playing with us''.

But apparently it's easy to dismiss so many good things about a series just because the relationship between the women isn't romantically canon (yet).

Okay after watching the finale I have to take SOME things back that I said but I still believe that the second season will be much more promising. They'd already filmed all of the show before it aired so there was no way to react to feedback in any way.

And I still think there's plenty of potential in the world of Shannara, especially for Eretria and Amberle. I hope you guys don't give up on it.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think were meaning bad as in bad acting, or maybe it's bad because it's MTV. shrug

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I think were meaning bad as in bad acting, or maybe it's bad because it's MTV. shrug

Yeah I guess the show isn't taken as seriously because it's a MTV series. I admit sometimes while watching an episode I thought the directing was a bit goofy but otherwise the cast is great and the acting aswell so that shouldn't be the issue, atleast I hope it isn't.

And to anyone contemplating if they should or shouldn't give it a try: Season 1 has only 10 episodes, I say it's totally worth it.

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 1:24PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Yeah I found this bad mostly because of the acting and the forced romance. Not because it is het, I can appreciate good het but here It goes from "oh there is a muscled supposedly hot and kind elf" to "I'm full of desire for him and I'm in love with him" without any development between. It look like it's right out of a fangirlish legolas fanfiction... (actually I don't know what a legolas fanfixtion looks likes but you know what I mean x))

Honestly, I don't know how much the romance thing differs from the book but from what I've heard, I think I would have liked it better if they had stayed closer to the book in this aspect.

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 1:29PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Honestly, I don't know how much the romance thing differs from the book but from what I've heard, I think I would have liked it better if they had stayed closer to the book in this aspect.

Wil and Amberle are barely romantically involved in the books. I'm currently reading The Elfstones of Shannara and they just seem to be good friends/close. Amberle didn't even care about him, in fact, she was suspicious of him for a long time in the beginning.

Wil and Eretria are endgame in the books. But then again Eretria's character in the books is almost just presented as ''beautiful'' and Wil's love interest, so they did much better on the show.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wil and Amberle are barely romantically involved in the books. I'm currently reading The Elfstones of Shannara and they just seem to be good friends/close. Amberle didn't even care about him, in fact, she was suspicious of him for a long time in the beginning.

Wil and Eretria are endgame in the books. But then again Eretria's character in the books is almost just presented as ''beautiful'' and Wil's love interest, so they did much better on the show.

So basically this is Euphonium all over again.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

All Alone with You's mv still give me shivers when I watch it (and 10 000 bonus points for the yuri)
Should be added to the musiv video list

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 8:51PM

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

Okay after watching the finale I have to take SOME things back that I said but I still believe that the second season will be much more promising. They'd already filmed all of the show before it aired so there was no way to react to feedback in any way.

And I still think there's plenty of potential in the world of Shannara, especially for Eretria and Amberle. I hope you guys don't give up on it.

So I marathoned Shannara over two days now and I must say I enjoyed it far more than I expected to. Manu Bennett as Allanon was just brilliant. As for Amberle and Eretria, I enjoyed their interactions immensely but I'm not hopeful that anything more will happen, even if they made season 2, since it was mentioned that in the books Will and Eretria are the endgame. Plus their children are the protagonists of the next book. Not to mention the fact that Amberle is the Ellcrys now. I dunno, maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

So I marathoned Shannara over two days now and I must say I enjoyed it far more than I expected to. Manu Bennett as Allanon was just brilliant. As for Amberle and Eretria, I enjoyed their interactions immensely but I'm not hopeful that anything more will happen, even if they made season 2, since it was mentioned that in the books Will and Eretria are the endgame. Plus their children are the protagonists of the next book. Not to mention the fact that Amberle is the Ellcrys now. I dunno, maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic.

Glad to hear you gave it a chance.

That's true, I'm also sceptical, BUT, Terry Brooks himself (the author of all that is Shannara) said that he left the timeline between Elfstones (book that was adapted as series) and Wishsong (book that tells the tale of Wil and Eretria's children) open so he could fill in what he had in mind at a later time, then he proceeded to confirm that instead of a book the second season of Shannara would fill that gap and honestly? I can't tell you about Amberle and what not since I haven't gotten around to read Wishsong yet. If I find out anything promising I'll let you know, but I'm sure they wouldn't just abandon a character that was so important entirely, especially since we don't even know anything about the background of the Ellcrys and the Children of Armageddon and all the things connected to it. Atleast in the series we don't.

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

That's true, I'm also sceptical, BUT, Terry Brooks himself (the author of all that is Shannara) said that he left the timeline between Elfstones (book that was adapted as series) and Wishsong (book that tells the tale of Wil and Eretria's children) open so he could fill in what he had in mind at a later time, then he proceeded to confirm that instead of a book the second season of Shannara would fill that gap and honestly? I can't tell you about Amberle and what not since I haven't gotten around to read Wishsong yet. If I find out anything promising I'll let you know, but I'm sure they wouldn't just abandon a character that was so important entirely, especially since we don't even know anything about the background of the Ellcrys and the Children of Armageddon and all the things connected to it. Atleast in the series we don't.

That's neat to hear about season 2, if/when it happens I'm definitely watching it. I'm sure they could bring her back and wouldn't be surprised if it happened. As for Wishsong, I read it a while back and from what I remember there's no mention of Amberle, and Will and Eretria don't show up much in the book either.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

That's neat to hear about season 2, if/when it happens I'm definitely watching it. I'm sure they could bring her back and wouldn't be surprised if it happened. As for Wishsong, I read it a while back and from what I remember there's no mention of Amberle, and Will and Eretria don't show up much in the book either.

I see, well I guess we'll have to hope and see. I do feel like they wouldn't give up on it soo I'm hyped IF there's gonna be a season two.

last edited at Mar 4, 2016 4:29AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Btw did anyone watch the most recent The 100 episode?

Because I need confirmation that what I watched was real and not just COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

The 100 3x07 - episode when we see the end of the world. (x)

I also have PERFECT song for Clexa Fanvideo if someone is interested making it click

joined Mar 25, 2013

So are the ratings for the 100 gonna drop enough so the show gets cancelled, do you think?

last edited at Mar 4, 2016 7:12AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

So are the ratings for the 100 gonna drop enough so the show gets cancelled, do you think?

I hope so...

joined Jan 21, 2015

The showrunner lost some 15k Twitter followers after last episode and it's still going down, and with the recently-revealed BTS drama and the fact that all signs point to him being a giant racist, I'd say the show took a blow. I don't think it'll be enough to keep it from being renewed though.

I was expecting an explosion when I checked Tumblr this morning, but not... that... kind of explosion. Jesus.
Can't believe Rothenberg had the nerve to pull this shit after acting all proud and supportive on social media and in interviews for months.

Anyway.

In better news, we discussed the Xena reboot a while back, and io9 published an interview with two of the people in charge.
Here's an encouraging quote: "There are a few things that are sacrosanct: the Chakram and the quarterstaff, of course, Gabrielle’s ambition to become a bard, and—most importantly—that Xena and Gabrielle be soul mates. Like I said, I’m not a monster."

last edited at Mar 14, 2016 10:35AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Spoilers please.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Spoilers please.

They killed off the lesbian. Pretty much in the exact same way Tara was killed on Buffy.

joined Mar 25, 2013

In better news, we discussed the Xena reboot a while back, and io9 published an interview with two of the people in charge.
Here's an encouraging quote: "There are a few things that are sacrosanct: the Chakram and the quarterstaff, of course, Gabrielle’s ambition to become a bard, and—most importantly—that Xena and Gabrielle be soul mates. Like I said, I’m not a monster."

That's nice and all, but words are just that. Words. If they back it up when it happens, fine. I know, I'm a pessimist, but most of the lesbian things that happen in recent TV shows are kind of telling why I'm so skeptical of only words. And yes, they did say they are soulmates, but that was after the show has ended, so that was kind of letting the fans have their 'fantasy' and the show wasn't going to come back so they were probably pretty confident in that.

It all comes down to how they handle what they've said for years now. Whether or not they'll back their words. I'll admit I'm not a die-hard fan of Xena, but I've watched it in-between episodes of Hercules on TV. Haven't watched it to the end, but if/when it's rebooted, I'll watch it for sure.

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ Oh, wait, forget I said anything. The new Xena showrunner is currently working on The 100 and he's been defending their shitty writing decision on Twitter. Dude is not on our side.
I accidentally rubbed even more salt in the wound. I'm sorry, I should have done my research better.

joined Feb 19, 2016

Spoilers please.

They killed off the lesbian. Pretty much in the exact same way Tara was killed on Buffy.

I'm Fine, just great, ha.. haaaaaaaa

last edited at Mar 4, 2016 9:24AM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

@the100writers is the official twitter, go show your disgust!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.