Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Wohoooo..
Best yuri type, best couple, best chapter, best kissing scene, best blah blah.. all in my version, in my taste..

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Surprisingly yuri wasn't subtext this time. This series is nice but.... its just nice well actually after this chapter I can say It is greaaat.

Cjslpfhukaagkoe
joined Nov 11, 2015

Supporting characters are stealing the highlight of the series.
Awww that's a cute proposal

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

By the way, for those who missed it...
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/296357img000015.jpg

Nice catch! We were so busy gushing over Mizuki and Moe that we forgot about them.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Ayaka has to come back because the author created all the super gay artwork of her. Why the author is doing it this way I don't know, but maybe they want to demonstrate that it takes Ayaka and Yurine a long time and a few love rivals later to actually get together?

Chapter 20 gives me hope that maybe we are getting closer to something.

joined Sep 11, 2014

What are you talking about? There are 2 main couples: Yurine x Ayaka and Mizu x Moe. They're both on the covers of volume 1.

Yurine...? Oh! You mean that girl who was Mizu's rival for a bit! I remember her. She was interesting. Didn't really get what she was about, though. Some kind of slacker prodigy? Maybe the author will write about her at some point. Would first have to expand her character a bunch, though. She's too obviously a side character, just being unmotivated and good at stuff like that, she'd need more depth to her if she was going to carry a chapter or two.

Weird that she was on the V1 cover alone, though. Putting a side character front and centre like that is strange enough, but when it's just her standing next to some bland empty space, the whole image just looks unfinished. Especially when we already have such vibrant and interesting protagonists like Mizu and Moe.

Don't forget another of our prominent support character, Ayaka, who is the stereotypical tsundere and has almost no character development. I think I remembered I used to laughed and grinned at her tsundere antics since I loved tsundere but now, I feel nothing when she's acting all tsundere. Poor lass has been demoted from a support character to a dull running gag, and that is quite sad.

Who's Ayaka? Gale said there's some bland empty space next to Yurine. Maybe the author should introduce this new character Ayaka in there. Then maybe we'll see a good side couple

You see, there was supposed to be an Ayaka in the series. She was originally intended to be the rival/ lover to Yurine with a personality and good character development; however, the author thought that the series was a bit to similar to Comprehensive Tovarisch, so they scrapped Ayaka and replaced her with a... something that is equivalent to a typical tsundere in a typical harem anime. That is, blushing furiously at any act of romance/ kindness that Yurine showed to her.

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 10:37AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Oh, at least this pairing have a promising yuri ending. I hope they will not end up like them. Too bad the writing and overall the series composition is a mess. This chapter should have a nice build up, instead we got chapter 18 and 19 about some new girls and then this. Eh...

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 12:05PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Maybe we should have an unofficial reading order guide the way Haruhi Suzumiya needed one for episode order.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Kinda, yeah. So far, that would be >
Ayaka and Yurine: 1, 2, 5, the extras, 11, 12, 15.
Mizuki and Moe: 3, 4, 16, 17, 20.
Chiharu/Maya and Chiharu/Izumi: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
Yukina and Towako: 12, 13, 14, 15.
Kaoru & co.: omake 6, 18, 19.

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 12:13PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Salamandrake

What are you talking about? There are 2 main couples: Yurine x Ayaka and Mizu x Moe. They're both on the covers of volume 1.

Yurine...? Oh! You mean that girl who was Mizu's rival for a bit! I remember her. She was interesting. Didn't really get what she was about, though. Some kind of slacker prodigy? Maybe the author will write about her at some point. Would first have to expand her character a bunch, though. She's too obviously a side character, just being unmotivated and good at stuff like that, she'd need more depth to her if she was going to carry a chapter or two.

Weird that she was on the V1 cover alone, though. Putting a side character front and centre like that is strange enough, but when it's just her standing next to some bland empty space, the whole image just looks unfinished. Especially when we already have such vibrant and interesting protagonists like Mizu and Moe.

Don't forget another of our prominent support character, Ayaka, who is the stereotypical tsundere and has almost no character development. I think I remembered I used to laughed and grinned at her tsundere antics since I loved tsundere but now, I feel nothing when she's acting all tsundere. Poor lass has been demoted from a support character to a dull running gag, and that is quite sad.

Who's Ayaka? Gale said there's some bland empty space next to Yurine. Maybe the author should introduce this new character Ayaka in there. Then maybe we'll see a good side couple

You see, there was supposed to be an Ayaka in the series. She was originally intended to be the rival/ lover to Yurine with a personality and good character development; however, the author thought that the series was a bit to similar to Comprehensive Tovarisch, so they scrapped Ayaka and replaced her with a... something that is equivalent to a typical tsundere in a typical harem anime. That is, blushing furiously at any act of romance/ kindness that Yurine showed to her.

Lol Salamandrake, I was just trolling along with Gale, but thank you for reminding us how potentially good Ayaka was. She was my favorite character from the beginning as well. Too bad the author took such an unfortunate turn. Hopefully the author will stray back to the right path.

Lyendith

Kinda, yeah. So far, that would be >
Ayaka and Yurine: 1, 2, 5, the extras, 11, 12, 15.
Mizuki and Moe: 3, 4, 16, 17, 20.
Chiharu/Maya and Chiharu/Izumi: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
Yukina and Towako: 12, 13, 14, 15.
Kaoru & co.: omake 6, 18, 19.

You're awesome. Thanks for laying out the chapters. It would've been such a pain to re-reading the whole series again, going through characters that I had no interests in. This should be pinned to the top lol.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Sometimes, pure fluff is good fluff.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Best side couple ever <333333

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

FINALLUYYYYYYYYY ;v;

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013
joined Feb 18, 2015

Chapter 20: Mizuki certainly showed Moe the best view of the fireworks ever! They type with eyes closed and lips joined and hearts entwined!

And I agree that they are NOT a side couple, but the second main couple of the story. It is, at the same time, the story of Ayaka and Yurine meeting and falling in love and the story of the already in love Mizuki and Moe moving their relationship to the next level. And... it is WONDERFUL! (I do so love this series!!!!)

Artworks-000165609848-75gqpp-t500x500
joined Aug 1, 2015

Honestly i don't think there's a main couple in this series. It seems that the manga-ka likes to go to one couple, drop it then go to the next one and when we almost forget about the one couple (or think their story is done), go to it again and add more to it.

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

So... adorable... my heart...

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Omg, finaly!
So cute! I want that too...

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I am kind of worried that maybe Ayaka/Yurine is going to be strung throughout the entire thing and the series ends when they DO get together.

Please no. "Canno" we have less side stories and more side characters supporting a main story? TT_TT

On a side note I did really like this chapter. My wishing is mainly for the future to be more like this.

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 6:17PM

Ds0fuaz%20copy
joined Feb 24, 2014

Cute.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

oooooHHHHHOHOOHHO.... I'M IN TEARS.... OOOOHHH KAAAYYYY. BEAUTIFUL. AHH

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

fave couple in this series. they're just so crazy about each other!

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

yes. just yes.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Woah from wishing about going to the same uni to live together... she must be hella happy

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

The best chapter in the whole series just happened. Bless Chapter 20.

To reply you must either login or sign up.