joined Jun 27, 2014

Watch out, your gay is showing.

K-8mrinwxaaz9-lt_gbsmjyizpi6k9rxvvyg8qyvh-o
joined Jun 24, 2015

this buildup is killing me...

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Morgan:

I don't know what to think of this. The art is well done, and the characters seem interesting. The story on the other hand? I don't know... I personally have the feeling nothing happened so far and I'm somewhat missing the "yuri" element.

It's a "slow burn" for sure, especially compared to the pacing of the average yuri story.

If you're rather looking for "instant gratification yuri", then you may want to look elsewhere...

But if you like more in-depth character development and backstories, you may enjoy this.

Morgan:

Reading left to right is no problem, but I constantly forget these korean names or mix them up. [...] Maybe I'll give it a couple of chapter lead and read it in one go so at least I won't mix up the characters.. =/

Personally, I only got confused maybe once or twice in the early chapters. YMMV

But honestly, I think it'll happen much less later on, as the author ssamba does not make a habit to introduce a zillion random new characters.

The following things may help with the characters.

No spoilers since we're at Chapter 16, and Hee-jin has been introduced.
(...)

Ok. Actually those charts really do help. Thx a lot. I think I'll wait for a few more chapters and give it another go. :)

It's no problem if there is no "fast yuri". But this story just kept confusing me with names and characters. So maybe I really didn't pay as much attention as I should have. As I said: the characters do seem interesting - I just got the feeling there were to many of them since I got confused with the name. ;)

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I was really surprise of No-Rae's new hair cut... but she became more pretty and charming... <3 <3 oooh....

joined Aug 11, 2014

I'm really bad with names anyway, so the difference between getting confused by names in Korean and getting confused by names in English is pretty neglible. But isn't it kind of a problem when a bunch of the characters look this similar? It's not like there's a sprawling list of characters, either, it shouldn't be this hard to make a modest cast visually distinctive. I'm just now realising that Seol-A's brother and her childhood friend are different people, and even knowing that, I'm struggling to remember which scenes were one or the other. I literally can't tell the difference between Hee-Jin and Seol-A, but at least they have totally different personalities and roles, so it's not hard to distinguish them through context. Enigmatic dark-haired guy with a close but non-romantic history with Seol-A #1 and enigmatic dark-haired guy with a close but non-romantic history with Seol-A #2? Help.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I'm really bad with names anyway, so the difference between getting confused by names in Korean and getting confused by names in English is pretty neglible. But isn't it kind of a problem when a bunch of the characters look this similar? It's not like there's a sprawling list of characters, either, it shouldn't be this hard to make a modest cast visually distinctive. I'm just now realising that Seol-A's brother and her childhood friend are different people, and even knowing that, I'm struggling to remember which scenes were one or the other. I literally can't tell the difference between Hee-Jin and Seol-A, but at least they have totally different personalities and roles, so it's not hard to distinguish them through context. Enigmatic dark-haired guy with a close but non-romantic history with Seol-A #1 and enigmatic dark-haired guy with a close but non-romantic history with Seol-A #2? Help.

Yeah. This happens to me in a few stories, and I know a few authors were told by their Japanese readers they couldn't tell who was who sometimes. It doesn't bother me too much. I kinda blame myself for usually being too lazy to re-read chapters as that would help me.

This is a nice story. Long build up tho. That last conversation between bob-cut and her pal was fun.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Okay, so, I'm pretty sure there is going to be lots of wonderful lesbian fun in this story, but the author is really making us readers work for it. I'm losing interest so fast and I don't want to. I want to enjoy it, not be bored by all the interactions between the main characters and other characters.

Maybe I doth protest too much.

Of course, I'm also still bitter after all those chapters of stretch.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Too much menz not enough yuri.

But to be serious, it does seem like yuri manga where men exist decrease romantic pacing significantly.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

But to be serious, it does seem like yuri manga where men exist decrease romantic pacing significantly.

I don't think so... Their Story has good pacing so far and it has the best wingman a girl could ask for.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Cute ch...I have to admit im hoping for a semi-cliche soon...you know : on a trip, somehow getting closer, like confession, realization, etc... ^_^
The translation pace has gone up and I wanted to say thanks for that....
And the pacing of the story as everyone has said is a slow build, but I like it! It adds a touch of realism and depth to the characters in my opinion...anyway, im looking forward to future ch.s ^_^

joined Sep 11, 2014

I don't think so... Their Story has good pacing so far and it has the best wingman a girl could ask for.

Their story is an exception! Maybe not guys in general but guys written as love interests to amp up drama. Always remember Girlfriends by Morinaga milk, always remember

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Their story is an exception! Maybe not guys in general but guys written as love interests to amp up drama. Always remember Girlfriends by Morinaga milk, always remember

Au contraire, the guy in Girlfriends forced Akko to confront her feelings about Mari, and sprang her into action when she learned they'd broken up. The pacing actually stalls as soon as the boyfriend is out of the picture.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Au contraire, the guy in Girlfriends forced Akko to confront her feelings about Mari, and sprang her into action when she learned they'd broken up. The pacing actually stalls as soon as the boyfriend is out of the picture.

But it is nice that there are still boys exist... it makes you have a mix emotions... as for me, a slow progress in here is exciting... oh my... on my own perspective, I do feel somehow a love triangle... hahaha...

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I get impatient too. I want to see that breakthrough moment, It would be nice to see the main characters involved in a serious relationship and all that comes with it. I believe its going to get there, nothing worthwhile is built in a day. Good relationships take time. I like this series, very very much! Thanks to all involved in bringing it to us.

last edited at Dec 28, 2015 2:38AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Nez,
This is turning into a spoiler thread.
Sincerely,

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If that's the case, then it's time for a

Nez Note

Remember people, if it's got ANYTHING AT ALL to do with chapters not yet posted on Dynasty, take it to the spoiler thread or I will delete the message with no warning given. I'll take a look through and see what of the recent posts and see if any run afoul of this policy.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Baek Sol-A is coming off to me like a Citrus Mei or a Stretch Keiko now.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

jesus 18 in and we finaly get something but that something should have happened 15 chapters ago! how long is this going to be?! or its going to have to most anti climatic ending...

joined Sep 11, 2014

i really hope norae is still asleep when seola wakes up >u>

joined Jul 8, 2013

So...she's realizing these feelings now...and yet...I get this feeling that she will still be trying to figure these feelings out 50 to 100 chapters from now, won't she?

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

I'm just guessing as to who they're refering to whenever a name is mentioned now - can't remember them.
Kiss her, you know you wanna~

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

jesus 18 in and we finaly get something but that something should have happened 15 chapters ago! how long is this going to be?! or its going to have to most anti climatic ending...

Chapter 450: .oh!.. i know! I...i love her! [THE END]

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

I get the frustration, but....
Sometimes things or stories that start fast end fast. I like that sometines. But i also enjoy the nice slow ride thru feelings and thoughts and struggles along the way. I'm hoping this takes time to let me savor every emotion these two amazingly cute lovebirds can pour out. I really hope the ending is sweet and long.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 3:19PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

The author said it's going to be about 100 chapters long

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

All sorts of nostalgia reading ch. 18. Loving the hi-res!

Seol-a's so stuck. I'm right there with her. :?

To reply you must either login or sign up.