Forum › how do yall get a girlfriend?

Cooldudeshitlord
Tumblr_inline_mmx1mincnm1qz4rgp
joined Nov 15, 2014

my phone's too shitty to run her (the lesbian dating app), and all the lesbians in my vicinity that i know are either in a relationship already, or i don't get a chance to talk to them ever throughout my normal school day. there is this chick i kinda like (we have a lot in common, i only spoke to her for a while in my biology class near the end of the year last semester, but we have a LOT a lot in common. we both read yuri, she's familar with takemiya jin, she reads the same dumbass comics as me [gunshow, oglaf, homestuck, ava's demon, etc]) but shes in none of my classes this year to my knowledge, and i messaged her on instagram in an attempt to spark conversation, but its been a day and ive gotten no response. thats like a week in lesbian time am i right.

anyway if anyone could give me tips here thatd be cool, im about to go to school tho so dont expect a prompt response

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I ask her out

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Try saying "I'm not here to be friends with you"
But really, are you saying that if the oportunity isn't forced (like, class together), you don't have the courage to just go and see her? then no matter what we say if you can't even create the chance, it would be lame if you just send another text message

last edited at Jan 6, 2016 1:25PM

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Wait for a response and don't fret over it if she doesn't reply right away. Chances are she might not be on Instagram often and try not to look too desperate lol. Give it time and don't stick with only one girl because they happen to like some stuff you do. Keep your options open...Good luck person :D

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

You forgot the most important part. Also say "I'm here to persue you" after that.

Cooldudeshitlord
joined Nov 15, 2014

But really, are you saying that if the oportunity isn't forced (like, class together), you don't have the courage to just go and see her? then no matter what we say if you can't even create the chance, it would be lame if you just send another text message

its just that i dont exactly have a method of talking to her other than instagram. i mean, i don't cross paths with her in the hallway, i don't know her address (besides, just showing up'd be kinda creepy dont ya think), and i dont know her email/kik/whatever.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

If she likes reading yuri mangas, chances she doesn't have many people to talk about it in real life, so that would be a good starting point. And dunno, even if you don't see her much in the hallway if you're in the same school, you might still have a few chances to meet here there, don't you ?

One of my best friend in school, we were never in the same class, just we happened to eat lunch at the same table once, mentioned some game we liked and after that, we made sure to meet whenever we could, during lunch, during recess, after school...

Cooldudeshitlord
joined Nov 15, 2014

If she likes reading yuri mangas, chances she doesn't have many people to talk about it in real life, so that would be a good starting point. And dunno, even if you don't see her much in the hallway if you're in the same school, you might still have a few chances to meet here there, don't you ?

One of my best friend in school, we were never in the same class, just we happened to eat lunch at the same table once, mentioned some game we liked and after that, we made sure to meet whenever we could, during lunch, during recess, after school...

we don't have lunch at the same time. i dunno how yall's school worked, but at my place we have first lunch and second lunch, and i'm fairly sure she has first lunch while i have the latter, as i don't see her with her usual friendgroup. plus we don't have breakfast together (we have two different cafeterias, so i guess she goes to the other one? some people dont show up to breakfast at all so it could be that), plus going to the other cafeteria for the sole purpose of talking to her seems kinda creepy, yknow? i mean, i wanna get to know her, but i dont wanna come off too strong yfeel me

update: felt i should probably mention this, but supposedly she's straight. somehow i doubt this due to one of my friends saying they're in-the-closet bi, alongside the fact that they dig yuri n shit. i thought i had mentioned this in the first post but apparently i didnt. whoops

last edited at Jan 6, 2016 4:12PM

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

Try not to sound so needy when you make your move.

joined Dec 7, 2013

update: felt i should probably mention this, but supposedly she's straight. somehow i doubt this due to one of my friends saying they're in-the-closet bi, alongside the fact that they dig yuri n shit. i thought i had mentioned this in the first post but apparently i didnt. whoops

Straight as in she's explicitly said she's straight, or straight as in 'well i don't know but people say she's straight'?

In the first case I'd just stay as friends, maybe she ends up being into you but don't count on it (I know a lot of straight girls that enjoy yuri, and high school rumours are just high school rumours) - pursue other girls if they catch your eye. In the second case, well, does she have Facebook? Just add her on that and throw her an fb chat message like "Hey, are you free on {insert day / time}? If you are, do you wanna go to {place} with me?" or something. And clarify it's as a date.

It's pretty forward but I really regret not being forward during school, a lot of wasted opportunities.

Cooldudeshitlord
joined Nov 15, 2014

Straight as in she's explicitly said she's straight, or straight as in 'well i don't know but people say she's straight'?

In the first case I'd just stay as friends, maybe she ends up being into you but don't count on it (I know a lot of straight girls that enjoy yuri, and high school rumours are just high school rumours) - pursue other girls if they catch your eye. In the second case, well, does she have Facebook? Just add her on that and throw her an fb chat message like "Hey, are you free on {insert day / time}? If you are, do you wanna go to {place} with me?" or something. And clarify it's as a date.

It's pretty forward but I really regret not being forward during school, a lot of wasted opportunities.

ive heard from a friend of mine that says shes straight, and another one of my friends says shes bi. so its kinda ambiguous here, as i aint asked her myself. also, i'm fairly sure she has a fb, but i don't. plus i already messaged her on instagram, so i feel like trying to contact her on fb aswell is a bad idea, since that may come across as creepy. also, we have mutual friends, and i've tried to like set up a group hangout session (i'm calling it that for lack of a better term, despite how lame that sounds) between the three of us, and that aint come to fruition, so. also, i'm fairly sure she uses dynasty, so kinda hoping she doesnt stumble upon this.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Cooldudeshitlord posted:
also, i'm fairly sure she uses dynasty, so kinda hoping she doesnt stumble upon this.

Murphy's law

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, you can still try to be friend with her first, then see how this goes later on. And if she sees that thread, welp, that might even be a way for you to find a way to actually meet if she's up for it. :p

joined May 23, 2015

There is a para iso page I keep thinking of for this thread, but the English version posted here seems to be slightly mistranslated so it's not as relevant.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

What Paraiso page you keep thinking about moguTL? You said the version posted here is mistranslated so it have a different translation in other reader? I'm curious about it so link please!

also, i'm fairly sure she uses dynasty, so kinda hoping she doesnt stumble upon this

She definitely read this thread, can't help but hope she makes a post too.

last edited at Jan 6, 2016 7:16PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

You randomly meet on a manga forum....like this..then start talking on social networks and then you meet in person.

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

I ask her out

This.

If that fails, follow every trope you find in every yuri manga on this site.

joined May 23, 2015

What Paraiso page you keep thinking about moguTL? You said the version posted here is mistranslated so it have a different translation in other reader? I'm curious about it so link please!

Well, now that you've asked.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/paraiso_ch01#12

I'll admit, it's been a few years, but I recall that line reading "if i make you orgasm within five seconds of pushing you down, it doesn't count as rape!"

I'll find my raws and double check when I get home.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I see, it's a shame no one translated the rest, thanks moguTL.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011
Cooldudeshitlord
joined Nov 15, 2014

Like this

good taste in youtubers yo, but i don't think showing chicks a rose on my phone will woo them in the slightest.

joined May 23, 2015

I remembered right.

押し倒してから五秒以内にイカせればレイプにならないんだって

"If I make you come within five seconds of pushing you down, it doesn't count as rape."

I see, it's a shame no one translated the rest, thanks moguTL.

To be completely fair, the vast majority of the jokes in the series are completely and utterly untranslatable, so any proper translation would be both swimming in translation notes and also still utterly incomprehensible.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Honestly, it's not a question that can be answered. There's no set technique or recipe. It's just that you have to keep in mind that, by default, you're not seen as a possible romantic partner.

So you have to make your own preferences and your availability known.

it's easier if you meet in a related context. Like a pride or something. Out of context, the subject is hard to bring up.

Or maybe if you have a common friend who knows about your preferences they can allude to it in their presence?

All in all, making known that you're interested is pretty circumstancial, though you can provoke these circumstances by hanging out around them.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

As you said, you have a "LOT"' in common w/ her. What I'll say might be wrong because as a man I can't imagine what's in the mind of a girl, but I do think that if she reads yuri, she maybe at least a little interested in women. Like a man reading yaoi (yuck .. >.<) I guess.

About what you're asking, I think Nya-chan said everything that had to be said.

i'm fairly sure she uses dynasty, so kinda hoping she doesnt stumble upon this.

Well that would be epic to see her commenting your topic ^.^ Even more if she responds your feelings.
Sapphic romance is the best.

... by the way, her seeing your message would surely put things straight.

More seriously, let's hope you'll end up dating. IRL yuri rocks !

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 2:29PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

... by the way, her seeing your message would surely put things straight.

*chuckles*

To reply you must either login or sign up.