Forum › Tonari no Robot discussion

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

inb4 fucking tragedy

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

http://gender-sf.org/sog/2014/4253100554/

"Tonari no Robot" won the 2014 "Sense of Gender" award.

Crab
joined Oct 7, 2014

is it over?????
cause i really want more

btw it says that its no moe art ut this is moe as f*** so correct it plz,thank you

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Should have 3-4 more chapters or so.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This is becoming quite sweet, although in a bittersweet way. The inevitability of Hiro outliving Chika is ever-present, but I think that their relationship is developing pretty nicely.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I want more of this manga ._.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Maybe it will end like Helen Alloy (scifi short story) where Hiro's emotions become human enough that she will request to die at the same time and have modifications to make it look like she's aging along with Chika.

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

This chapter actually made me want to see the earth when humans cease to exist. And gosh dang how awesome would it be to get a movie with a setting where a robot is reminiscing of his/her loved ones that are no longer alive, while (IDK maybe) the other robtots are these emotionless critters among her/him and (s)he is just trying to fill the void left by his/her loved ones.

joined Nov 30, 2011

This chapter actually made me want to see the earth when humans cease to exist. And gosh dang how awesome would it be to get a movie with a setting where a robot is reminiscing of his/her loved ones that are no longer alive, while (IDK maybe) the other robtots are these emotionless critters among her/him and (s)he is just trying to fill the void left by his/her loved ones.

WALL-E or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 2:57AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I think this manga got reference from Robin Williams' movie Bicentennial Man.

joined Sep 15, 2013

I am going to be crying by the time this series is completed, i really like this work by the author. Thank you to the people who got this on the website.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

3 chapters to go plus an extra chapter. I've finished reading all raw chapters and the ending is so sweet. Chika is an adult in finale and the scientists are still observing Praha's romantic emotion development with Chika. I'm impressed that the scientists welcome her as an important person to Praha (Hiro would be so cool).
NOTE: Praha is the capital of Republic of Ceska. These residence of this state are Bohemians. I don't know if I use Prague as the real name.
My favourite and personal words described in finale are : Who Wants To Live FOREVER ?

[spoilers tagged by mod - do it yourself next time]

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 10:14AM by Nezchan

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Shinobu from Collectors is totally Hiro Mk. II. Evidence

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 5:19AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ekw79 posted:

3 chapters to go plus an extra chapter. I've finished reading all raw chapters and the ending is so sweet. Chika is an adult in finale and the scientists are still observing Praha's romantic emotion development with Chika. I'm impressed that the scientists welcome her as an important person to Praha (Hiro would be so cool).

Tag. Freaking. Spoilers. Is it that hard?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I want more Data on Chika-chan.

So romantic! Let's see what Chika-chan decides to teach her about next.

Thanks for the new chapter. I'm enjoying it immensely.

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 6:02AM

1601027_795818500441432_7671980177939230942_n
joined Apr 14, 2014

ekw79 posted:

Tag. Freaking. Spoilers. Is it that hard?

HAHAHA , i was reading and right at Chika ... i stopped , i knew it gonna be spoilers, thanks to all those star wars scumbags with theirs "Han solo..." i developed a sixth sense to spoilers.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

It's like reading about the pre-Alpha project, only ... Koumiishi Sensei is missing.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

I'm a huge fan of robots, I wish there was more stories like that.

I also wish they could get a little naughty but that's too much to ask I guess XD

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

This is the sweetest really, the pacing is great, and the way we find more and more about how Hiro-chan regards Chika-chan as more important is the best

Tumblr_mvh8oxup8c1sqfwuxo1_500
joined Sep 1, 2015

Whoaa!!
I can't wait to see what will happen in the next chapter

Yandere2
joined Apr 24, 2015

I think I have a pretty good idea of how this is going to end, and it's pretty depressing to think about it...

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 4:04PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Human x Robot romance can't end well anyway. Just bittersweet.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Human x Robot romance can't end well anyway. Just bittersweet.

Or is it seen as "bittersweet" only because the romance doesn't fit typical human patterns and expectations?

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Been so long since i've seen Wall-E, like what 6+ years...need to watch it again and will check out the manga. Thanks.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

noooo not religion! humanity biggest threat after global warming/climate change...

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 7:56AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.