Forum › Posts by Chikara

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Very interesting! I wouldn't have been disappointed if it ended there. Here's to hoping it only goes uphill from here!

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Plot twist: the resumé identifies her as her long lost half-sister. (Jk)

Anyways this one is a winner, i am really interested in the reveal, hopefully doesn't disappoint :>

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

This is pretty cute amidst all the depressive and angsty stuff from i've been reading as of late. Just wish the chapters were longer. Also god can't remember the last time i felt the urge to comment on anything xP

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Fuck. How do I only find out today. Ssamba ;-;
I hope her family and friends have coped well with her lose :"<

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Ffffffffffffffffk T~T

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

This...this was touching. First story since Madder Memory that made me feel this touched :"<

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Age is just a number but seriously..the heck!?

And to them naysayer saying it's a word, fine maybe that instead.

Sugar mommies are fine and all too..but this is just pedophilia.

last edited at Nov 3, 2017 9:04AM

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

We all knew that was coming.

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

if this doesnt get a sequel Imma riot

Stories like this usually don't get sequels irl.

Shit..that simple addition of IRL at the end of your phrase broke my heart.

Chikara
Ama + Devi discussion 26 Jun 21:37
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Not a fan of this author with their breast milk fetish and all but I really hope this one gets serialized or a sequel. Always like reading actual plot rather than cough*plotcough*

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Once upon a time, I was reading the discussions here.

And now we just come to morn, reminisce and read tumblr translations.

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

incest is the best after selfcest

Selfcest? Doesn't sound appealing.

I'm replying cuz someone said "selfcest doesn't sound appealing" xD...
I haven't read much myself but currently i'm reading "I Am My Wife". (you should give it a shot)
So far it seems like it will be selfcest (het) but who knows..it's about a guy who's first love gets married and then he goes back in time to the period where he actually started crushing on the girl, but as a girl, and his male self also exists...and so far seems like the MC's male self is falling for his female self from the future, yaoi(?), het(?) idk (both i guess), selfcest (check). Anyways i'm interested to see how this will conflict with the future self's crush. And if that doesn't sound appealing, i guess you can stick with your statement :P

Now it sounds extremely repulsive.

Well, okay. I tried.

Also to the other person that said something about yuri version, yeah that would be nice. TBH I only recommended that cuz that other person had a het ship as their avatar..since I know, at least from 4chan /u/ het is generally looked down on.

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

incest is the best after selfcest

Selfcest? Doesn't sound appealing.

I'm replying cuz someone said "selfcest doesn't sound appealing" xD...
I haven't read much myself but currently i'm reading "I Am My Wife". (you should give it a shot)
So far it seems like it will be selfcest (het) but who knows..it's about a guy who's first love gets married and then he goes back in time to the period where he actually started crushing on the girl, but as a girl, and his male self also exists...and so far seems like the MC's male self is falling for his female self from the future, yaoi(?), het(?) idk (both i guess), selfcest (check). Anyways i'm interested to see how this will conflict with the future self's crush. And if that doesn't sound appealing, i guess you can stick with your statement :P

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

TT sad there is nothing else from this author, really liked this short doujin

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

F*** been awhile since I actually cried :'o

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Chikara
I do agree that personality is not a trait we're born with, but the inherent traits we're born with do affect our personalities and sexualitty is definitely one of them, there is definitely a lot of people who are 100% born straight or gay, what happens when a person "choose" or "change" their sexuality is that they're probably bisexual, pansexual or any other like those that can feel attracted to both genders and any gender identity, I said gender identity because in practice there's more than just man and woman as gender, but that's not the point now, the problem is that a lot of people "choose" to either see themselves as straight or gay even if they feel some attraction to the same or opposite sex, we don't know for sure what defines the sexuality we're born with, if it's just genetics or if there's something else beyond simple biology, but what is definitely without a doubt proven is that sexuality is not a personality trait and can't be changed, we just have the illusion that people change their sexualities, but in practice they either discover that they're not just straight or gay or that they finally accepted a part of them that they denied.

Now, why I say it's 100% proven that sexuality can't be changed? Well, I'll use one argument since it's pretty much the best and the only one necessary, it's kind of proven that personalities, habits, anything that is learned can be changed in various ways with time and the right method, one way is conditioning for example, but go search about changing people sexuality, every and all attempts to change someone sexuality not only never worked but they all cause harm to the person, all scientific community and any decent scientist, psychologist or someone of that area or just someone who study sexuality for some reason will agree that it can't be changed and deny any kind of treatment because all they do is make the patient situation worse, another important fact, virtually everyone, if not everyone who want to change their sexuality, they don't want to change because they want to be straight per se, but because they're from highly conservative and or religious familiy and they learned that being gay is completely wrong and a sin, go search anyone or any place that says that they can make you straight, they're all religious and nowadays almost all of them closed and admitted that you just can't change a person sexuality and some even gave public apologies because all they did was cause more suffering.

[You can skip these paragraphs]
I love how the others are just bashing me on my rudeness before and my annoyance with conversing remarks (but that's why I'm only talking with one person and not replying to everyone), but I really do apologize for the "muting" like someone mentioned. Like I said I honestly had no intentions of ever replying to any comment so I stated my opinion and left it on that edge note..and again i'm really sorry, i'll make sure to fix that comment once I go get a time traveling car ^^
Also I am open to other opinions really...and I know I really made it seem like I'm a self entitled brat who's got all the right answers. It's just that the last time I posted anything I got quite some negative remarks (I had posted links to some stolen scalations...which I had no idea were stolen...anyways I deleted or edited the sensitive posts..anyways that moderator nez might remember censoring my links...yeah I tried multiple times because I did not know links were not permitted) so after some people and namely the scanlator of that series gave me some negative remarks I haven't talked with anyone in awhile on forums....not like I ever really did to start with but I think that made me not want to listen to what others had to say about my opinion.
[You can skip these paragraphs]

Anyways here is my opinion about about the sexuality changing thing. When someone is attracted to a particular sex, it is not possible to make them feel un-attracted to that sex. So making a "gay" person "straight" or vice versa is just not possible just as you said. But that does not argue the fluidity of sexual orientation. People like to self identify themselves as a sexual orientation and therefore chose a sex to stick with. By doing so they never really open up their perspectives to the other possibility. I am not referencing any studies because I have not read any and do not feel a need to but might look into them now that you brought it up. But instead of changing sexual orientation what should be considered is introducing the other option while not dismissing their present conviction.

EDIT: Today I was listening to a video about someone talking about this exact subject and I think her analogy was quite on the mark - she compared being gay and straight to to right and left handedness. And the reason most people turn out right handed is because our life predisposes us to right handed utilities among other things. Again to tie in with what I said above, people can choose to work with and improve their utility with their less dominate hand but their dominant hand can always still be the hand they choose to use.

last edited at Apr 23, 2016 5:45PM

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

The problem with your argument is that you're assuming everyone is inherently bisexual to a certain extent, the problem is that sexuality doesn't work like that, like you said things aren't perfect, nothing in humans are, except for maybe a few traits that can be argued that all humans have the rest all depends on the person, I do believe that a lot of people are bisexual to a certain extent even if just a little bit but grow up straight and don't even imagine they can be attracted to the other gender, sure sexuality sometimes is fluid and can change with the years, but in most people even if that happens it tends to be small changes, as for being attracted to the gender that is not your preference, even if that happens it's not always that they feel attracted to that gender too, but that a lot of times they feel attracted to a person that happens to be of that gender, it's not the same thing, but for a lot of people they are indeed 100% straight or gay, there is some traits that we're born with and will never change, like how some people will never like some food for example, there's various examples of that, some people will simple never like some things because they're born that way, it's not just a choice.

Now, I do agree that some people do feel attracted to the other gender but deny that and decide to call themselves 100% straight or gay, the problem is that, you can be emotionally attracted, sexually attracted, or just aroused, they're not the same, there's even some research about that, like one that they show sexual pictures of man to other mans and they feel excited, but they also show other pictures that are sexual in some way but doesn't have humans and they also feel excited, just because someone of the opposite or same sex can make the person aroused that doesn't mean they're bisexual, wanting or not the body reacts to this kind of stimulus, so yeah, that no homo can really be true and a lot of times that they use that it is when they're teenagers, when people are their most confused about pretty much everything, hormones can screw up your mind and make you feel attracted to anything, so in the end you can still be completely straight or gay.

I don't completely disagree with you because depending on the person sexuality can be either simple or complex, especially if we take in account how falling in love and feeling sexually attracted are not the same, there's a lot more labels that can be used, like heteroromantic bisexual for example, even if they chose to deny or ignore part of their sexuality, which are not the same thing, you can't really judge that as bad, everyone is free to be any way they want, I would say your biggest problem is assuming that you're completely right, not even scientists can be said to be completely right, like, who has the right to say with 100% certainty that billions of humans are one way or the other? Really, by acting like you're completely right and anyone else is wrong all you're going to do is get on the bad side of a lot of people, if scientists who study those kind of things for decades can't be seen as completly sure who are us who pretty much don't know shit to decide how things are for everyone else?

Abd yeah, you shouldn't have used that phrase or anything like that, if it was other site I guess more people would have reacted bad to it, Dynasty is pretty civil so you probably should have been worse to get a reaction from more people, though I admit that even if that phrase rubbed me the wrong way it was still not right of me to mock you like that, sorry. (T^T)/

I kinda surprise myself sometimes. Even if there has not been a new chapter update I actually sought out this thread today to see if you had replied even though I'm not much of a conversationalist and told myself I do not want to endlessly exchange covos with someone. Okay so after reading all that I just want to argue on point: "....but for a lot of people they are indeed 100% straight or gay, there is some traits that we're born with and will never change".

I'm not claiming to be an expert on this but personality is not a trait you are born with. It is something that is developed over the course of time and is greatly affected by the values of the society, Hence girls turn out to be a certain way and boys turn out another way...they are just exposed to different to external stimuli. For example let's say "normal" girls like dolls and "normal" boys like action figures (normal would be our equivalent to straight...the reverse would be our equivalent to gay). I assume you can agree this preference in toys is due to their upbringing right? Well in that same manner some boys and girls might enjoy both (our equivalent to bi). So why do some boys decide to not like dolls or the reverse? Let's disregard toys and dolls offer different entertainment value and think about what little boys say about colors like pink. The same with girls, it's because they are given a narrow perspective of right and wrong to work with.

So again i'm not claiming it as fact but my personal belief that based on external stimuli throughout life people make a choice on sexual orientation. And once a choice has been so strongly accepted by themselves it is very hard to get them to look the other way. So yeah since sexual orientation falls in the dominion of personality, it's a characteristic, meaning it is learned not inherited. Also I wouldn't mind continuing our friendly exchange haha.

last edited at Apr 20, 2016 1:48AM

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Riiiiight, because you're the lord of truth, what you say is absolute and everyone else is wrong, because it's not like there's people out there who will simply never feel attracted to a gender, don't forget what Chikara is saying everyone, we're all pansexual and can feel attracted to any person and fall in love with anyone, it's society that makes us forget that!

Seriously, it's funny how you complaing about a post making you annoyed and then makes an annoying post yourself, love can't be categorized? Kind of wrong, because love is already categorized, the love you feel for your family is not the same you feel for your lover for example, attraction is completely dependent on gender, attraction and sexuality are not the same as love, it's true that you can love someone of the gender you don't feel attracted to, but that is extremely rare and not enough to make a relationship work, sexuality is a fact and there's more than just straight, gay and bi, it's not just society who categorize things, people chose how to categorize themselves using what society and decades of studies gives to us, we're the only ones limiting ourselves, there's no such thing as "true love" or "soulmates", this is real life not a Disney movie, that kind of thing that is bullshit, love is finite, love is something that need to be nurtured, maintained, that you and your partner need to put effort and work to make it strong and last, I won't really say more on this, maybe I'm wrong in part of what I said, I won't deny that, but at least I don't show up arrogantly calling out someone as if my view of the world is the only one that is right, in case you decide to reply to me I hope someone else will discuss the subject with you Chikara , I know that I won't, the fact that you said "even if you disagree with me you are just wrong" shows that you're not here to have a rational discussion at all.

Derpalot_, from what manga is your avatar from?

I have no interest in conversing really, but i'm going to reply to just you. See, I did not find that other comment annoying and then complain about it, it just simply made me a LITTLE annoyed, kinda like my sister does when she sings besides me. I shared my opinion and really did not want a rational discussion like you said b/c I have talked about this with others before and I don't care what they have to say.
Here's the thing, you see "straight" people like to use this term called no homo whenever they are superficially attracted to the same sex. So like, how can "straight" people refute they are strictly attracted to one sex when they were clearly just attracted to the same sex when they stated no homo. You see whether you are "straight" or "gay" and find someone attractive regardless of sex, then that means you are attracted to them. And that's were I would bring in the balance. You see b/w straight and gay I believe nobody is perfectly balanced, they may be more, or well over more attracted to one sex but they still lie somewhere in the middle of those two labels.
Like the concept of perfect, I just don't think you can perfectly be gay or straight, but you can be in denial with me, even if I said you are still wrong on my other post, ill give you entitlement to your opinion...should have just never said that line lol.

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Seriously digging this one. I had to reread it 'cause I totally forgot the first two chapters. The first chapter kinda... eh. The second one was better but sorta up and down. The third one's great. Great great great. Subscribed to the series and Ican't wait for the next one. I really hate the way everyone's treated her her entire life. She's accustomed to doing everything people tell her to, like she's living her life for everyone but herself. Then Maya comes in to show her that she can have family and friends and work while also satisfying her own needs. I don't think she's a straight girl who did a total 180, I think she was just never introduced to the possibility. Her mom really bothers me. Watching scenes between the two, I can really see why Minato is the way she is, being raised by someone like that. She lives her whole life doing her best not to bother people, or be a burden, without realizing that it was making her miserable. Maya has her problems too, she's no manic pixie dream girl, but I do feel like she's what Minato needed at the time she needed it. Any later, and Minato may have been in an uncomfortable marriage with Haruto. That text at the end was just wonderful ^ ^

Logged in b/c this post slightly annoyed me. I dislike when people talk about love in such a narrow minded way ( "I don't think she's a straight girl who did a total 180, I think she was just never introduced to the possibility." ). Sexuality has been programmed into children from a young age and the labels used for them are straight (het), gay (homo) and bi....which is a load of bull society constructed. Love cannot be categorized into such labels; attraction is not dependent on gender...even if you disagree with me you are just wrong. Just like certain colors are gender associated or how girls are taught to play with dolls and guys with action figures...It's all taught by society, but true love cannot be taught by society, society's views only serve as a filter to limit your selection pool.

last edited at Mar 24, 2016 1:53AM

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

This chapter actually made me want to see the earth when humans cease to exist. And gosh dang how awesome would it be to get a movie with a setting where a robot is reminiscing of his/her loved ones that are no longer alive, while (IDK maybe) the other robtots are these emotionless critters among her/him and (s)he is just trying to fill the void left by his/her loved ones.

WALL-E or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Been so long since i've seen Wall-E, like what 6+ years...need to watch it again and will check out the manga. Thanks.

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

This chapter actually made me want to see the earth when humans cease to exist. And gosh dang how awesome would it be to get a movie with a setting where a robot is reminiscing of his/her loved ones that are no longer alive, while (IDK maybe) the other robtots are these emotionless critters among her/him and (s)he is just trying to fill the void left by his/her loved ones.

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Am I allowed to post links here? Well if not my bad...but you guys can read his here: [Yup, your bad - Nez]

Alright. Well I should be able to at least allude to the site, right?...or is that still not allowed...this time I actually read the forum rules and rule 8 says nothing about mentioning the site as long as i'm not linking.

why do people like you exist like jfc is it that hard to buy this manhwa?

unless you're living out on the streets and you're posting to dynasty using free wifi from mcdonald's or some shit, don't give me the "I'm too poor to afford this manhwa so let me read it for free lel" excuse

forum rules or not, I don't want to drag dynasty into this whole Lezhin-DMCA mess, (regardless of how unlikely it may seem to you that they'll suffer real, legal consequences) because NO ONE here is or was involved with it in the first place, and that's why I don't want people posting links. use some common sense.

Sorry didn't think it was some shady site or anything since you do need to pay coins for some content and I even read their term or use, which under intellectual property rights the site claimed it owns or licensed the content. So yeah, but just now I did compare the first few panels of chapter 1 with chapter one here and it does seem identical :/

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

Am I allowed to post links here? Well if not my bad...but you guys can read his here: [Yup, your bad - Nez]

Sorry.

last edited at Aug 18, 2015 10:57AM

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 3:55PM

Chikara
Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

I don't usually comment too much nor do I get all emotional but ohhh the feels made me cry:'(