Fuck everything

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Seriously arranged marriage is horrid

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

This was certainly a flavor from the past, as nostalgic as it is bitter.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I saw the tags and I knew what was going to happen. Why do I do this to myself?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I fell like we see these personality types so much that it gets hard to think of them as people after a while I guess. And the whole "fangirl/boy" after your classmates thing has always struck me as weird. But I accept it as a culture difference and it's not essentially bad. Just odd to me. At least the part where the girls call to the idol in unison was silly funny.

and an ending I can't say I've see that much but already feel like I have seen a million times. Still. I'm still open to these kinds of stories. They can't help that this probably happened alot in the time this story was told. Or that the pressure must have been enormous.

Hey. Maybe their husbands both end up being gay, disinterested Asexual etc and the four conspire to make . . . arrangements. Happy ending. You're all welcome.

joined Jul 16, 2015

Although I have seen these kinds of scenarios and characters before, I thought this was really beautiful and heartfelt.

Also, does anyone know who the girls are on the very last page, the ones on the magazine cover? They are so cute...

joined Apr 12, 2014

Fcuk

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Also, does anyone know who the girls are on the very last page, the ones on the magazine cover? They are so cute...

That's by Fujieda Miyabi. The characters are from his Chatting at the Amber Teahouse series. (Two of them are from a special drama CD that came with that issue of Yuri Hime magazine.)

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

yeah I hated the betrothed endings. and lol btw im engaged endings. noooooo

I have no idea about what you just said.

ha ha ha, all right my bad. Sometimes I'm pretty lazy with my grammar online. Basically, I hate it whenever I see any yuris that end with one of the girls confessing that theyre already engaged or that they've accepted a marriage proposal.

Especially the ones that seem to have chosen for themselves to get married, even though theyre clearly not interested in the guy.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Also, aren't Shinto, Confucianism and Buddhism not particularly fussy over how the world was created, but rather how we live day-to-day in the current time?

Congrats to me being way late on this but I can't resist after briefing back over some previous posts to make sure I didn't unintentionally ignore anyone.

Shinto is a bit more spiritual than it is religious, but the buddhism and the three great philosophies (taoism, confucianism, and legalism) are...well more philosophical than religious. Christianity has a moderate hold in Japan, especially when compared to other 'Eastern' countries, but it's in the overall minority.

Shinto and Buddhism both have creation stories, but they are no more vital to their frameworks than the story of Elijah is to Christianity's.

last edited at Dec 18, 2015 10:39AM

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

Why does everyone hate bad endings? I mean, I like good endings too, but I LOVE bad endings. Especially when they don't go out of their way to end badly, like with this. I mean, just glance over at the historical tag. You really thought it would end on a happy note? (XD sides hurt from laughing) If something as calm as this makes you cry, stick to fluff.
Edit: This isn't even close to the saddest, or original thing I've read. This was barely depressing, or an exactly bad ending. This was...meh.

last edited at Feb 20, 2016 12:58AM

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

Really...

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

No.
I won' allow this.
No.
Fucking ending. Ugh.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Classic old-school angsty marriage shit end.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

That was sad af. The ending didn't feel out of place though.

last edited at May 31, 2017 10:44AM

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Why? A love so beautiful like this cannot live and will only wither in our society.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Ah, I know why I put this back many times but it was worth it, in the end. Bittersweet little story lost in time!

last edited at Nov 15, 2017 7:52AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Classic S class. Ah well, I'm okay with it. It's sweet and the setting was made for it.

:(

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Newly promoted lieutenants tend to get fragged when a decision goes wrong. Even if that doesn't happen, he's still a low ranked officer heading for the front. He's pushing up the wedding because he doesn't want to die a virgin. Sachiko will spend a short time with her husband then see him off to war. After collecting her widow's inheritance she'll hire Suzuno as a servant & they'll end up like A Cat Maid and Her Mistress.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_6FKsei-oY

and she will drive like a maniac

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Newly promoted lieutenants tend to get fragged when a decision goes wrong. Even if that doesn't happen, he's still a low ranked officer heading for the front. He's pushing up the wedding because he doesn't want to die a virgin. Sachiko will spend a short time with her husband then see him off to war. After collecting her widow's inheritance she'll hire Suzuno as a servant & they'll end up like A Cat Maid and Her Mistress.

Christ... but this is canon tho

To reply you must either login or sign up.