Forum › Gamma discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aaand Ogino's new Pixiv is also toasted

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Oh reading the last translate pages of Gamma, I gonna few nostalgy in few months :P

joined May 24, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gamma_gamma_rising#1

Spider-man 3 is his favorite movie? Really?!

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Here I thought it was something new >.<

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, anyone knows if Ogino set a new Pixiv?

joined Jan 8, 2014

Cuteness is justice! Lol ^_^ so true

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Damn, was hoping it was going to be a Gamma spin-off like Metal Gear Rising. Oh, well, this is nice, too.

Hqdefault
joined Apr 10, 2015

This is the most wonderful manga that i have ever read, the plot and story line are so amazing that makes me want to read it again and again, thank you for being such an awesome writer

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I think that Jun Ogino was the same as Nobuhiro Watsuki, being influenced by Marvel Comics for example : Spidey, Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Wolverine, and Captain Marvel. As for Mr. Nobuhiro : Gambit, Wolverine, Apocalypse, and Venom.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Finally finished reading it. Left a pretty good feeling, but that's probably because I didn't invest into Miyuki/Yuri pairing, and so Miyuki/Hikari worked well for me..
Although, volume 5 and it's timeskip begining felt a bit rushed, especially since they brought rather sudden relationship upgrade for Marina/Yuri.
On the plot side, again, timeskip felt a bit weird, but final battle made sense, the glasses girl was explained.

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

The power of yuri defeates monsters and supervillins- all you need to know.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I truly love the first 80% of this series. It makes me sad how rushed, underdeveloped, and incomplete the last part of the story is, with how the character's relationships change so abruptly. Of course this is only my opinion, but I'll always wish it had been different.

Nao%20smug%20face
joined Feb 1, 2016

I don't like the ending.
Thefuck with that sudden relationship change.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

deviledge posted:

I don't like the ending.
Thefuck with that sudden relationship change.

Wasn't it axed or something?

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

I don't know what ruined it for me, the sudden relationship shuffles or the way the mangaka started killing heroes randomly, but it was still a pretty good series.
It doesn't focus much on yuri though, its like there's yuri but its just in the background.
Still, good read.

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

3 Chapters in. It's so good! You've got these two wise ass sisters who totally fucking get it! Yuri sisters educators and good messages.

Ch1: What makes a hero is protecting people.

Ch2: A bit of utilitarianism here. Awesome.

Ch3: Not as good as the last but I like the way Miyuki goes about it. She stated reasons to be a hero and then helped the hero work through issues. There wasn't any bad "guilt" tactics apart from giving a simple and true projection of the difference a hero could make.

last edited at Oct 19, 2016 1:12AM

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

Everything is ruined. So donezoed. Miyuki x Yuri is awesome. I had so much hope.

This is why we can't have nice things. Screw this bait shit. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

last edited at Oct 19, 2016 7:52PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Bait?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Bait?

Incest yuri bait, I am guessing. But anyway, I was fine with how it turned out in the end. I came to see Yuri and Miyuki's relationship was more of a coping mechanism after Midori's death than an actual attraction, and this is not a healthy thing to base your relationship on (note that I don't mind incest at all).

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

I came to see Yuri and Miyuki's relationship was more of a coping mechanism after Midori's death than an actual attraction, and this is not a healthy thing to base your relationship on

Just a note: I only skimmed through a few panels in the last chapter cuz I just want to forget this shit.

I think that's how it was presented by the end so I understand why you would see it that way. And that's the saddest things. I am more salty about ending the Miyuki x Yuri than Hikari and Light coming into the picture.

There's nothing before the last volume that says Yuri and Miyuki's relation is like this. I remember Miyuki saying she'd trade the world for Yuri. It was an abrupt turn and it feels like a total cop out. Just because someone suffers does not mean what they do after must be nothing more than "coping mechanism".

So to sum up: Miyuki x Yuri was perfectly fine - no - fucking amazing before last volume killed it.

And a tangent: Many things help cope. It is bad to be unable to cope. People cope with pain by doing things that legitimately bring them pleasure. I got a sports injury, but all this support from my fans motivates me to go through rehab and keep going once im recovered. I suffered greatly but now I have the one I love beside me who will comfort me and help me through this. Notice how regardless of helping cope with the bad things, support and love can stand as good things on their own. The coping aid is an effect. It does not define it. So 'healthy' can't be defined by just "oh it helped her cope therefore it's unhealthy".

Someone can be attracted to another person, and then start a relationship with makes them happy. This happiness may also cancel out some unhappiness.

(note that I don't mind incest at all).

:)

last edited at Oct 21, 2016 1:41AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think that's how it was presented by the end so I understand why you would see it that way. And that's the saddest things. I am more salty about ending the Miyuki x Yuri than Hikari and Light coming into the picture.

There's nothing before the last volume that says Yuri and Miyuki's relation is like this. I remember Miyuki saying she'd trade the world for Yuri. It was an abrupt turn and it feels like a total cop out. Just because someone suffers does not mean what they do after must be nothing more than "coping mechanism".

So to sum up: Miyuki x Yuri was perfectly fine - no - fucking amazing before last volume killed it.

A valid concern, but AFAIK the manga was almost axed after volume 4, so Ogino had to cram the plot developments of several volumes into the single last one. It's not just the romantic arcs that got rushed -- you'd notice that several months worth of the main arc were just glossed over, straight to the final battle. In retrospect, Miyuki and Yuri's other relationships had been foreshadowed pretty clearly, and pursuing them wouldn't have been an easy decision for either of them. However, time constraints meant that the author could either end the manga with no resolution to the romantic arcs (I guess you'd prefer that, though, as you were fine with Miyuki x Yuri as they were), or pull through with his original plans for the story without proper build-up.

last edited at Oct 21, 2016 2:36AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

To note, the author pixiv had several nsfw pics implying Miyuki and Yuri had a physical relationship at some point. Don't know how "canon" those are supposed to be, though, and seems their pixiv kept being shutdown for some reason.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I never saw the incest relationship as something the author really saw as something serious, so when it came out later that it was a coping mechanism that made a lot of sense. In fact my first comment about the series, back on page one, was annoyance about how the yuri was pretty much played off as a joke. It was treated in too overdone a fashion to start with for me to really take it seriously so I couldn't be invested in it to the point where the rapid change toward the end (for reasons we already know about) was upsetting at all. It was surprising since the real relationship happened so fast, but it was clear through most of it that Miyuki x Yuri was unsustainable.

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

I never saw the incest relationship as something the author really saw as something serious, so when it came out later that it was a coping mechanism that made a lot of sense. In fact my first comment about the series, back on page one, was annoyance about how the yuri was pretty much played off as a joke. It was treated in too overdone a fashion to start with for me to really take it seriously so I couldn't be invested in it to the point where the rapid change toward the end (for reasons we already know about) was upsetting at all. It was surprising since the real relationship happened so fast, but it was clear through most of it that Miyuki x Yuri was unsustainable.

I understand the lack of investment if you did not feel like the yuri had enough presence. I'm sure a lot of people are fine just reading for the heroes and villains while ignoring the small bit of wacky crap that is this series' romance. The "unsustainable" part makes no sense to me.

While it was played up for comedy, it had serious moments such as the one I described about Miyuki trading the world for Yuri. They love each other, that much is clear. The lack of yuri content is because it is a superhero story but that does not mean that their relationship is "unsustainable". There are many many stories where there's a persistent romance between two characters that is not super relevant to the story and so it's not very serious most of the time. The romance is still there. It's still a real thing.

When romance is teased to all hell, and then the author just doesn't go through with it, that sucks. When the author makes some random excuse about why they "never really loved each other" and explains it as "oh it was just this and that which made them act close so it was all a lie" before going "but look! they've found real love in this other person" outa nowhere, that is pitchfork worthy shit.

Miyuki and Yuri's other relationships had been foreshadowed pretty clearly

Marina is a fan of Yuri. Hikari has a crush on Miyuki. That's not foreshadowing a relationship when Miyuki and Yuri had way more substance. I expected that any romantic development would be between the sisters who already have so much going on between them. I'm not that upset about this though. I'd be fine with Hikari and Marina coming into the picture, if Miyuki and Yuri were still a thing.

last edited at Oct 21, 2016 8:11PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This starts to sound like a regular shipper argument to me. And if my Nanoha fandom experience taught me anything, these never lead anywhere, so I am respectfully bowing out at this point. :-)

last edited at Oct 22, 2016 2:52AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.