Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

FF is currently the most popular thread on Dynasty Scans, while Stretch is at 2nd place.
The last moment I checked, FF has 522,212 views and 4,324 posts while Stretch has 295,347 views and 3,852 posts. The difference in number of views is quite astounding. Despite much criticism from difficult readers and haters, it cant be denied that FF has touched the hearts of so many people.

What I'd wanna say is that I love you all for contributing your thoughts and help the fandom flourish.

(9 more hours 'til the moment all guesses be shattered lol)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Very nice analysis takachi. Makes perfect sense! Although what was confusing to me was that Sung-Pyo seemed to be genuinly in love with No-Rae. But of course appearences can be deceiving, and although he could like her, he might not take it so seriously. Besides, they were quite young and this is very common. But I wonder what kind of history was Hye-Kyung hiding to Seol-A about their past. It sounded like it was something that needed to be hidden. So something else might have happened as well besides their break up.

Some people may criticise FF for the lack of yuri moments. The reality is, yuri couples in general get a very fast development which is unrealistic. So one of the reasons why FF is popular, imo, is because it is close to the reality too. And also the fact that they get a proper character development and the drama is there for a reason

joined Jul 30, 2015

Chapter 51!

http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/55

flashback time!

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Chapter 51!

http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/55

flashback time!

Bleah.

This ex-BF guy is a hindrance to both the progression of the romance and my enjoyment of the recent installments.

Last-second box-blocking is always the most frustrating way to stretch out the story.

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

The third top-voted comment on this chapter says: "This is not it... This isn't what I was waiting for...". Lol.
Concerning chapter 50, I'm surprised Seola isn't aware of her feelings for Norae, despite her actions/reactions.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Very nice analysis takachi. Makes perfect sense! Although what was confusing to me was that Sung-Pyo seemed to be genuinly in love with No-Rae. But of course appearences can be deceiving, and although he could like her, he might not take it so seriously. Besides, they were quite young and this is very common. But I wonder what kind of history was Hye-Kyung hiding to Seol-A about their past. It sounded like it was something that needed to be hidden. So something else might have happened as well besides their break up.

Meh, just because it makes sense, doesn't mean it's correct xD
Regarding the story behind the two, I thought that Hye-kyung actually voiced it already after showing that "I wanna tell her" face expression, i.e. the story how Sung-pyo called Hye-kyung after No-rae had left to Australia. But again this was just a theory of mine, which I can't really support with too many factual data, cause we simply don't seem to have enough of it atm.

Anyway, the new chapter's out. Looks like Sung-pyo did fall for No-rae at first sight. Still can't judge how deep this feeling is though. It kinda almost breaks my theory. Perhaps he didn't feel enough response from No-rae which made his feelings confused? And perhaps she decided to try it out with him but in the end, despite all his love, she couldn't really properly respond to it? So when the time came for the military he thought that it'd hurt her less to break up? And the reason why she felt hurt was actually because she couldn't fall in love with a guy who cared so much about her and made him feel hurt? Perhaps, this is already the moment when she started thinking about her sexuality, whether consciously or unconsciously? Anyway, let's wait for the translation for now.

Concerning chapter 50, I'm surprised Seola isn't aware of her feelings for Norae, despite her actions/reactions.

But she totally is.

last edited at Nov 15, 2015 9:39AM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Meh, just because it makes sense, doesn't mean it's correct xD
Regarding the story behind the two, I thought that Hye-kyung actually voiced it already after showing that "I wanna tell her" face expression, i.e. the story how Sung-pyo called Hye-kyung after No-rae had left to Australia. But again this was just a theory of mine, which I can't really support with too many factual data, cause we simply don't seem to have enough of it atm.

Anyway, the new chapter's out. Looks like Sung-pyo did fall for No-rae at first sight. Still can't judge how deep this feeling is though. It kinda almost breaks my theory. Perhaps he didn't feel enough response from No-rae which made his feelings confused? And perhaps she decided to try it out with him but in the end, despite all his love, she couldn't really properly respond to it? So when the time came for the military he thought that it'd hurt her less to break up? And the reason why she felt hurt was actually because she couldn't fall in love with a guy who cared so much about her and made him feel hurt? Perhaps, this is already the moment when she started thinking about her sexuality, whether consciously or unconsciously? Anyway, let's wait for the translation for now.

But she totally is.

People die when they are killed

Black-and-white-ed-sheeran-performance-favim.com-1975182
joined Aug 17, 2015

Do you hear that guys?

That's the sound of frustrated fans hoping for No-Rae and Seol-A fluffy moments every chapter. LOL. Am I the only one enjoying this flashbacks? Albeit short this time, I'm loving it. Building the momentum until the final moment. I know Ssamba will make it really special for us rather than unnecessary skinship every chapter.

Also, I guess the theories were wrong. From the looks of it, Sung-pyo fell in love with No-Rae at first sight. I can never really guess what Ssamba will do with her plots. Everything's always a surprise or a bit different. :) Keep the flashbacks coming Ssamba! I'm enjoying seeing long-haired blushy No-Rae. :3

joined Nov 30, 2011

FINALLY!!! Getting to the juiciest part of this whole damned wait!!

@ Macy and Takachi

Macy

Hmm but did No-Rae act cold to Seol-A because of her past with her ex? Because when Seol-A visited her familly, her brother said that No-Rae was always the type who runned away from her problems instead of facing them head on. So I'm not sure if this had anything to do with her past with Sung-Pyo. And even if it did, it was probably a combination with No-Rae's character already, at least imo.
Besides, No-Rae probably thought she didn't have any chance with Seol-A anyway...

It had everything to do with her past with Sung-Pyo. She realized she was falling for Seol-a and just didn't want to go through the roller coaster again (No-rae already assuming it'll just probably end the same way). Her flight response to problems just made it much easier for her to make that decision to run away.

And let's be honest, Seol-a portrayed herself as a person completely interested in guys and always allowed guys to approach her easily and etc. At least from No-rae's point of view so it's relatively easy to see why No-rae thinks she hasn't the slightest chance in hell of bagging Seol-a.

Takachi

Your theory seems pretty close to what I was thinking as well. It was a whirlwind of a romance and both were very much caught up in it but when it came crashing down possibly! over one of the most serious tests they probably ever faced, it imploded.

Thor

This ex-BF guy is a hindrance to both the progression of the romance and my enjoyment of the recent installments.

He's actually a VERY big and important point in the progression and advancement of the plot if you haven't been paying attention from the begging of the story. It's because of what transpired between both him and No-rae that No-rae is having a LOT of difficulty accepting a romance. Once she deals with what happened, she can move on and most likely go after Seol-a more openly.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

holy flashbacks batman! i gotta be honest. i wish there's a bit of seolrae dialogue in. if only for two frames. oh welps. one more week to wait.

last edited at Nov 15, 2015 10:04AM

joined Jul 30, 2015

sforg:

[...] Am I the only one enjoying this flashbacks?

Of course not.

Thor:

Bleah.

Last-second box-blocking is always the most frustrating way to stretch out the story.

The introduction of Sung-pyo isn’t just a plot device in order to strech out the story. Realistic characters have a past that contributes to who they are now and to how they act in the present. We learned Seol-a’s sad past with Yu-ji, now it’s No-rae and her ex boyfriend’s turn.

joined Apr 3, 2012

Logistically i can understand why the exposition on No-rae's relationship with her ex has plot relevance and can play a crucial role in her character development and the progression of her inevitable relationship with Seol-a. However, with the hiatus and the Yuji flashback and both characters now acknowledging to themselves (but not to each other) that they're in love, I'm just so ready for No-rae and Seol-a's relationship to come front and center.

I would have been perfectly okay with the ex never coming into the picture, especially in the manner in which he did (interrupting a confession? Really?).

The build-up to Seolrae has been so well-handled by Ssamba to this point that maybe I'm losing my patience a little. It's a testament to how well she's done with our two female leads.

This flashback just irks me a little.

We've been so Seol-rae deprived the past few weeks.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Also, I guess the theories were wrong. From the looks of it, Sung-pyo fell in love with No-Rae at first sight. I can never really guess what Ssamba will do with her plots. Everything's always a surprise or a bit different. :) Keep the flashbacks coming Ssamba! I'm enjoying seeing long-haired blushy No-Rae. :3

I agree with you! Ssamba is full of surprises. For example, Sung-Pyo really seems like a very nice guy, so he's the the stereotypical antagonist. I like that, because it's different and not every ex needs to be an a-hole to make the main couple look better.

They really seemed like a great couple to be honest. It makes me confused, as they did make a good match and I can't really dislike them together because I ship No-Rae with Seol-A.
Now the burning question is, what the heck could possibly have happened that made No-Rae act like this? Could it be that she was just going to miss him after he was gone to the military too? It's all suspicious, sometimes I think nothing major happened and No-Rae's response was all exagerated.

It had everything to do with her past with Sung-Pyo. She realized she was falling for Seol-a and just didn't want to go through the roller coaster again (No-rae already assuming it'll just probably end the same way). Her flight response to problems just made it much easier for her to make that decision to run away.

This can't be completely because of the ex, unless we get more flashbacks in the next chapters that will confirm it. I generally believe in the theory that noone can make us be something we already are not, or at least have at some level. No-Rae's character is the type that doesn't allow people in completely, and her way of dealing with a situation is by avoiding it. So maybe the ex situation contributed to her to act that way, but I also believe it's her way of dealing with problems too.

The introduction of Sung-pyo isn’t just a plot device in order to strech out the story. Realistic characters have a past that contributes to who they are now and to how they act in the present. We learned Seol-a’s sad past with Yu-ji, now it’s No-rae and her ex boyfriend’s turn.

I agree. It's the way author handles these characters. You can tell when the past characters are there just to extend the story and when they are there for a purpose.

last edited at Nov 15, 2015 10:27AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Finally, the flashback I've been waiting for, but I hope it doesn't just end there. I hope Ssamba will show us the reason why No-Rae and Sung-Pyo broke up, and what Sung-Pyo did that broke No-Rae's trust.

Seeing how the story is progressing, I really hope this manhwa does not end with a confession and SeolRae getting together at chapter 100. If it does, I will be very disappointed.

last edited at Nov 15, 2015 11:12AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Another thing that hinted to me No-rae is the type to not look beyond the surface (of a person) was in chapter 11. (So happy to see that today! ^.^)

"... But why... did I do that?"
"As if I'm trying to sound her out..."

I really wonder if No-rae quite on Sung-pyo or just kind of...saw his going away as an out from the feelings she didn't develop.

Whatever this arc reveals, I'm expecting it to just fit...and not be something super traumatic/dramatic.

I'm also hoping No-rae and Seol-a get together sooner rather than later so that we get to see them mature in a romantic relationship as well.--And now I'm going to stop thinking about this Manwha ending because those thoughts are depressing...

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Chapter 51 eng trans - http://pastebin.com/r3Q525nu

it is not certain though if she ran away from Seol-a, or from accepting her own sexuality, or from both?

I don't think No-rae was ever concerned about her sexuality. Seol-a had a lot more inner monologue dealing with her sexuality, although it wasn't very detailed (i.e. "I must be strange for feeling like this blah blah"). I don't feel like sexuality will play a big role in FF anyways, it seems more like "I like No-rae/Seol-a for who she is", not "Ayy I liek gurlz".

Bleah.

The salt. The tears. I love it.

Seol-a was about to confess to No-rae in chapter 50 wtf lol

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Thanks for the speedy translation, halmoni.

Good chapter with lots of No-Rae's thoughts.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Chapter 51 eng trans - http://pastebin.com/r3Q525nu

THANK YOU!! \o/

...and now I'm waiting for part II. I an't assume anything more from this. It's in line with the nostalgic gaze we observed in No-rae two chaps ago or so... :?

I like all of the flash backs. This one's first part is just...--I don't want to watch No-rae's past relationship with Sung-pyo develop. It's nice and sweet, and I don't care. Haha. Ugh! But these moments are important to No-rae, so... fine. Whatever. I'm paying attention...begrudgingly...

Mm... I wasn't expecting the big (or not so big) why-she-went-to-Australia "secret" to be revealed, but I was hoping to see a side of No-rae that makes the present No-rae seem different/more mature/older?? My reaction was more like "She really hasn't changed??" (thinking about Sung-pyo's words...).

joined Dec 9, 2014

So it seems we got some very slight clues about them. They really liked each other and they were preety similar in their personalities...Could it be that Sung-Pyo did something clueless?

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

Sooo, both Ji-hwan and Sung-Pyo fell for No-rae at first sight when she was drunk? xD

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Sooo, both Ji-hwan and Sung-Pyo fell for No-rae at first sight when she was drunk? xD

Nice?? catch. >.<

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

So it seems we got some very slight clues about them. They really liked each other and they were preety similar in their personalities...Could it be that Sung-Pyo did something clueless?

I thought their similarities were evident when we first saw them interact. :?

To me, No-rae's seeming obliviousness goes hand-in-hand with her carefree nature, but she doesn't seem to be the do something clueless type. He doesn't either.

It's possible for people to be very oblivious (to how other people feel about them, romantically) and also be very attentive (e.g., knowing exactly what to do or not do to make you feel better or more at ease, etc.). ... >__>

--Then again, maybe he did because No-rae (in my reading of her) is the type who wouldn't speak up if something he did bothered her and instead just...look past it or something. We'll see...eventually...

joined Dec 9, 2014

Now I'm really interested to find out whether there was a "problem in paradise" in No-Rae and Sung-Pyo relationship after all, besides the fact that he left for the millitary and they had to break up. Someone has mentioned this here before, but could it be that No-Rae hadn't actually let him know her real self.
When she was with him she looked different. She was all cute smilling, but with Seol-A you can she she's more "seriously" bashful, not just her usual happy smile.
Whatever happens, I personally would like to see the difference between these two relationships and No-Rae's feelings being different for Seol-A and Sung-Pyo

Black-and-white-ed-sheeran-performance-favim.com-1975182
joined Aug 17, 2015

Thank you Halmoni for the translations as usual!

'And yet, it didn't take long for us to figure it out.
Because we both felt it from the bottom of our hearts.
How much we both liked each other.'

What is this Ssamba? Are you trying to make me ship No-Rae and Sung-pyo because it's definitely working! Forgive me Seol-A but two goofballs in a relationship are so cute ~ Come back soon so Seol-Rae will awaken our yuri hearts again.

joined Sep 4, 2014

Dang ssamba knows how to make a likeable male character-- usually I don't like any males whatsoever in Yuri and if there is I strongly dislike them (lol sorry if that offended anyone) but wow sung-pyo seems like a chill man

To reply you must either login or sign up.