Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 4, 2014

https://www.google.com/search?q=sull+up

"eo" is pronounced roughly like the "u" in "up" or "dull".

Open-mid back unrounded vowel or ʌ if you know IPA. (Which everyone does, of course...)

Also, for the pronunciations of most names in FF, refer to halmoni's favorite recording:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=43#forum_post_91249

GOD DAMNIT ANON Y DID U HAVE TO BRING THAT LINK UP AGAIN NOOOOOOOO

giggle Great link! Thank you anon.

In all honesty though, thank you halmoni, despite your misgivings that is really useful.

joined Apr 25, 2015

I come to the thread to read comments and all I see is....

Will you guys stop moaning? Is it that hard to handle and accept that No-Rae dated someone else, that she had a past? We all know who the end game couple will be, stop complaining like it's the end of the world.

Everyone demanded a No-Rae based arc to find out her past and now that the arc only just started you are unhappy? Make up your mind.

This arc only lasted for like 3 chapters and Seo-la/No-Rae interacted just last chapter. Stop acting like it's been months ago.

Stop your hetero hatred and enjoy the ride that will lead to great set up for our yuri.

The guy appears lovely, nice and friendly. He does not deserve all this hatred just cause he is a guy in a yuri project.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

What I'm saying is that the quality of romance differs when the other side gives you something you're incapable of doing. Then the other side, through a romantic bond, complements you as a human being, which in itself strengthens the bond. And naturally, a complementing personality is different from a same personality and is different from an opposing personality. All three are valid, of course. And romance may very well arise between all of them too, especially if it's also sexually-driven

But two similar people can't be 100% the same too. So they may still copliment each other because of their differences. But anyway, I don't think being too similar was the reason No-Rae and Sung-Pyo broke up.
It is really crazy if we try to figure what happened, because there isw almost no room for anything left. The only explanation now would be that just by asking her to break up, Sung-Pyo really broke No-Rae's heart. Or he asked her to get married and she wasn't ready lol.

Stop your hetero hatred and enjoy the ride that will lead to great set up for our yuri.

Noone is hetero hating, just some impatient readers

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 3:20PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Anubis3200:

[...]
The guy appears lovely, nice and friendly. He does not deserve all this hatred just cause he is a guy in a yuri project.

in a yuri project.

*giggle*

/total loser

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

[snorts in lesbian]

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Will you guys stop moaning? Is it that hard to handle and accept that No-Rae dated someone else, that she had a past? We all know who the end game couple will be, stop complaining like it's the end of the world.

Everyone demanded a No-Rae based arc to find out her past and now that the arc only just started you are unhappy? Make up your mind.

This arc only lasted for like 3 chapters and Seo-la/No-Rae interacted just last chapter. Stop acting like it's been months ago.

You are the true voice of reason my friend. Just a few chapters ago people were complaining about too much Seol-a/Yu-ji and not enough No-rae. Now that we have a No-rae arc, it's apparently not the kind of arc they were hoping for cause men/het relationships are icky and they don't belong in a yuri manhwa. I swear if a side character shows up for more than one chapter, people will immediately start complaining about how their arcs are being drawn out too long. We've seen this happen time and time again with Ji-hwan and Yu-ji, and now it's Sung-pyo's turn.

Ssamba has admitted that FF is a slow story; I don't see the point in reiterating this fact every week when we all know it's true.

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 5:46PM

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

You are the true voice of reason my friend. Just a few chapters ago people were complaining about too much Seol-a/Yu-ji and not enough No-rae. Now that we have a No-rae arc, it's apparently not the kind of arc they were hoping for cause men/het relationships are icky and they don't belong in a yuri manhwa. I swear if side character shows up for more than one chapter, people will immediately start complaining about how their arcs are being drawn out too long. We've seen this happen time and time again with Ji-hwan and Yu-ji, and now it's Sung-pyo's turn.

Ssamba has admitted that FF is a slow story; I don't see the point in reiterating this fact every week when we all know it's true.

I love No-rae and Seo-la as a characters, and also this story. Knowing No-Rae, the guy was not could be a bad guy. I'm curious to know what, I trust ssamba and her narrative ability.

joined Jan 31, 2015

OriginalGengar:

Yeah, I should Pyobably stop. Urgh, writing that made me throw up a little. Really though, I have no shitty puns left. Yu win.

Woo!

... Yes, I am also done.

For now.

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 5:37PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@takachi

LOL, I think I'm writing too much xD I'll never learn to think first then write a short summary, I guess...

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. So, here's more... >___>?

My comment about them being similar was not to imply that they are incompatible. I have no clue. We haven't seen any evidence of that. I'm thinking about what we've seen of No-rae.

Through her brother, we've learned that she's not one to face issues head on. I think everyone's (more-or-less) is agreed that she's not exactly oblivious but not one to pry (e.g., she may notice the Seol-a's behaving "oddly" but not really question it too much). So my thinking is that because she and Sung-pyo are similar, they might "miss" each other...in terms of thoughts and feelings.

I need to revisit the chapter during which she turns down Ji-hwan. The feeling I got was that she ...might not have fallen in love. As in, maybe Sung-pyo fell in love with her and she wanted the feelings to develop but that didn't happen--something like that.

Clearly, she liked him. But I don't see how people are saying she loved him. I haven't seen it. :?

Ssamba walks us through all the subtleties--something I really appreciate in this series. If No-rae was in love, I think it'll be confirmed. I don't think it has been yet (if that is the case), but I think Flutter Feelings distinguishes between intensity and depth, like and love. It seems clear to me that No-rae was more emotionally (romantically) mature at the time she and Seol-a met, and I think this experience (the one the arc is unveiling) had a significant contribution. (I don't think Ssamba would take the time to show us this, otherwise.)

I think one or the other (of Sung-pyo or No-rae) was in love or wanted to be in love or something and that the other half didn't meet up somehow. :? (I'm lacking words to express this point. >__>)

P.S. Is there a way to "@" people in posts? It feels kinda odd quoting folks without their nicks.

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 9:50PM

Jazz
joined Oct 21, 2015

You are the true voice of reason my friend. Just a few chapters ago people were complaining about too much Seol-a/Yu-ji and not enough No-rae. Now that we have a No-rae arc, it's apparently not the kind of arc they were hoping for cause men/het relationships are icky and they don't belong in a yuri manhwa. I swear if a side character shows up for more than one chapter, people will immediately start complaining about how their arcs are being drawn out too long. We've seen this happen time and time again with Ji-hwan and Yu-ji, and now it's Sung-pyo's turn.

I think people are mostly just frustrated because there was some serious progress towards a confession and then... new story-arc. Personally, I have been waiting for this arc. I always wondered what really happened between No-rae and her ex. To be honest I feel slightly frustrated sometimes myself, but that's is precisely why I love this story. Ssamba keeps us on the edge, wanting more and more. A true fan-base isn't built from instant fan gratification/ fast pacing... A good story will make you want to stay until the very end no matter how long it takes. FF is a good one.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I am frustrated for sure... but I know it will have a major pay off in the end. ^_^

( I am itching to know these juicy details about what happened with No-Rae and her ex!)
I love how Ssamba keeps us on the edge of our seats, guessing what will happen next.

Honestly, this is probably my favorite yuri manga because we have so much character development and it's at this steady pace.(Girlfriends would be my second favorite, only because it was my first yuri manga)
I've read too much yuri where it's one-shots that are rushed with little/no plot development.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I think people are mostly just frustrated because there was some serious progress towards a confession and then... new story-arc. Personally, I have been waiting for this arc. I always wondered what really happened between No-rae and her ex. To be honest I feel slightly frustrated sometimes myself, but that's is precisely why I love this story. Ssamba keeps us on the edge, wanting more and more. A true fan-base isn't built from instant fan gratification/ fast pacing... A good story will make you want to stay until the very end no matter how long it takes. FF is a good one.

I think someone else said this before, but it's completely possible that No-rae could have rejected Seol-a if she had confessed at that exact moment. We know No-rae likes Seol-a, but we don't know if she's prepared for relationship/healed from her whatever happened with her ex. What would be the point of introducing Sung-pyo after Seol-a had confessed?

If he hadn't interrupted, best case scenario would be that No-rae and Seol-a are together and he suddenly becomes an irrelevant character. We never get to find out what happened between him and No-rae, and No-rae magically gets over her inability to completely trust/love people somehow. Ssamba introduced a part of No-rae's past to us, and now there's no real reason to finish that story. It just wouldn't have been a good choice plot-wise to have No-rae and Seol-a become a couple in that chapter.

The other scenario would be that No-rae rejects Seol-a. Now Seol-a has to deal with that somehow, but of course she wouldn't know how because she's never met Sung-pyo and she doesn't know what happened with him and No-rae. She wouldn't know about No-rae's problem and the reason why she rejected her, nor would she know how to help No-rae. No-rae herself would never confront her traumatic experience with her ex, and a major part of her character development would be cut out of the story. Ssamba could then introduce Sung-pyo after this rejection, but then Seol-a would have to go through another confession which could feel awkward or forced. The story would have been dragged out even more.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think someone else said this before, but it's completely possible that No-rae could have rejected Seol-a if she had confessed at that exact moment. We know No-rae likes Seol-a, but we don't know if she's prepared for relationship/healed from her whatever happened with her ex. What would be the point of introducing Sung-pyo after Seol-a had confessed?

If he hadn't interrupted, best case scenario would be that No-rae and Seol-a are together and he suddenly becomes an irrelevant character. We never get to find out what happened between him and No-rae, and No-rae magically gets over her inability to completely trust/love people somehow. Ssamba introduced a part of No-rae's past to us, and now there's no real reason to finish that story. It just wouldn't have been a good choice plot-wise to have No-rae and Seol-a become a couple in that chapter.

The other scenario would be that No-rae rejects Seol-a. Now Seol-a has to deal with that somehow, but of course she wouldn't know how because she's never met Sung-pyo and she doesn't know what happened with him and No-rae. She wouldn't know about No-rae's problem and the reason why she rejected her, nor would she know how to help No-rae. No-rae herself would never confront her traumatic experience with her ex, and a major part of her character development would be cut out of the story. Ssamba could then introduce Sung-pyo after this rejection, but then Seol-a would have to go through another confession which could feel awkward or forced. The story would have been dragged out even more.

That was me!

I firmly believe that Sung-pyo has to come in for necessary character development. I think Seol-a is pretty used to getting her way too. She comes off as very childish and spoiled at teams. She needs a little kick in the rear for competition, but also to realize that No-rae is her own person with a past to get through. Seol-a has shown a bit of a jealous streak about No-rae, and she's likely to suffer from a lot of frustration in this arc.

Sung-pyo coming in is definitely a pointed story change. Love isn't always going to be uncomplicated and filled with quick and mutual confessions. No-rae clearly has issues with him. One of them messed up pretty badly and it doesn't look like either of them are completely over it. We already knew that she wasn't over it. No-rae also shows an idealism about love. I think she certainly had feelings for Sung-pyo at some point or else they wouldn't have dated or broken up so horribly. Just like with Seol-a's friend, whose name I have conveniently forgotten, Seol-a was likely to suffer a rejection because the timing wasn't right and No-rae isn't completely certain of her feelings.

It would be far too convenient for them to date now. Drama will unfold and their relationship will either benefit or suffer from it. I can only hope that Seol-a doesn't mess up with her jealous streak and ruin it.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The feeling I got was that she ...might not have fallen in love. As in, maybe Sung-pyo fell in love with her and she wanted the feelings to develop but that didn't happen--something like that.

Clearly, she liked him. But I don't see how people are saying she loved him. I haven't seen it. :?
I think one or the other (of Sung-pyo or No-rae) was in love or wanted to be in love or something and that the other half didn't meet up somehow. :? (I'm lacking words to express this point. >__>)

I guess something similar too. The fact that she said "We both knew we liked each other" does not necessarily equal in love. Maybe the Ji-hwan arc was already a clue for us regarding No-Rae's past relationship. Like, he promised her that he could make her love him and she said "Don't make promises you can't keep up with"
So maybe that was already a major clue to us

If he hadn't interrupted, best case scenario would be that No-rae and Seol-a are together and he suddenly becomes an irrelevant character. We never get to find out what happened between him and No-rae, and No-rae magically gets over her inability to completely trust/love people somehow.

This is not necessarily true. He could still come up while they were dating and create conflict inside No-Rae's mind and as a result in their relationship too. It's not like couples don't face some drama in their relationship. Even if they have healed their past wounds, it is common for new ones to come up too.
But this is the direction Ssamba has chosen for them to take. To heal everything from the past first, which is a healthier way to develop a relationship.
I do think No-Rae would be scared off if she heard the confession though instead of accept it.

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 6:59AM

joined Aug 10, 2015

I've never seen so many people panini pressed about character development. People acted a damn fool over the lack of character development in citrus and when they get a story that is actually well thought out and coherent, everybody all like " WHERE MU YURI AT??? THIS IS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS RUINING MY YURI"

Side eye. Side eyes for everybody.

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 8:19AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ironically (in light of the current emotional state of this thread), had Sung-pyo come along were Seol-a and No-rae in the tenuous beginning of their relationship, a lot more people would be frustrated. Again, I don't think the main point of this arc is to show us No-rae's relationship with Sung-pyo; it's to show us a significant experience the was part of No-rae's becoming who she is now. You could say it's kind of Ssamba (or Sung-pyo :P) to show up now, so that No-rae could kind of face her past and put it away before she enters into a new relationship. Should be one less (potentially major) thing to deal with.

Instead of Seol-a having to compete with ghosts, she gets to meet No-rae's pass sort head on. No-rae has the opportunity to resolve her "issues" way more neatly. And maybe, if Seol-a is witness to the resolution, it'll put Seol-a more at ease or boost her confidence too.

Man! I can't wait to see them talk to each other about stuff. (so excited)

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I'm also looking forward to more jealous Seol-A and how No-Rae reacts to it. :D

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm not sure Ssamba put that much thought in her story. People here sure are in deep.

The curtains were fucking blue.

But then, I've done the same for other stories, so...

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 3:12PM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm not sure Ssamba put that much thought in her story. People here sure are in deep.

Here comes my literature bias. My degree is in English Lit, I'm a writer as well of short stories non-fiction and fiction.

Most good authors do give a lot of consideration to the story. The actions of characters have to match their personality, they have to make sense in the context of the story. In writing you have to think about whether or not the plot occurs organically or there are things that need to happen in order to drive the characters. Taking a look at storyboards can show how much thought goes into comic panels, just as much as novels at times.

Even if the author isn't doing all of this on purpose if the argument still stands given evidence in the story it is considered true. I mean, that's the basics of analyzing literature. Unless you can back up in some way that the author didn't really mean for something to be a certain way or to give the reader a certain impression then you rely on the evidence given in the story.

It doesn't really matter what you think or what the author thinks, the story becomes an entity of its own. A smart author plans carefully and even if they let the story lead itself for a bit they have to put some thought into it. While it may be true that an author at times doesn't mean something in their work, we have to make the assumption that the author is being careful with their craft and that their writing is deliberate and not without reason. So while I'm sure there are some authors who don't really mean anything and just tell a mild story with a lack of craft, I think it's insulting to the author to assume that they didn't put any thought into their work. I'd be a little insulted if someone picked up a journal I was in and didn't give any consideration to the overall meaning of my story, the themes I may have considered, etc. A lot of time and effort goes into these things and I think it's only fair to give everything their due. If things come off as not fitting for the story or not making sense, I chalk it up to the author not being that great at their craft and having some room for improvement.

So in relevance to Fluttering Feelings, sure. The author may just be drawing a cute webcomic and their only intention is to tell a love story. But they have chosen to work on giving their characters depth, have spent a lot of time on a story that could have been just 5 chapters if they wanted. But they didn't. There are conscious choices behind the plot of FF, and I think it's pretty clear that they have a handle on who their characters really are and what actions make sense to them based on their past experiences. There was a decision made about what point to bring Sung-pyo in if at all, and I think there is enough evidence to back up the assertion that he is necessary to come in at this point in time to further Seol-a's and No-rae's relationship rather than hinder it.

I always get a little miffed when people suggest that an author hasn't put an incredible amount of thought into their story. It seems so dismissive.

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 5:05PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well said esn, but I'd argue some authors do not put a lot of thought into their works. Some authors literally make up stuff as they go and in the end not everything fits into world or characters. Some shounens fail into this hard, but I agree with your point that they do always put some thought to it and we should give them the benefit of the doubt in general. Just because they happened to not be good with coming up with story, setting or characters, that doesn't mean they didn't think about them at all.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well said esn, but I'd argue some authors do not put a lot of thought into their works. Some authors literally make up stuff as they go and in the end not everything fits into world or characters. Some shounens fail into this hard, but I agree with your point that they do always put some thought to it and we should give them the benefit of the doubt in general. Just because they happened to not be good with coming up with story, setting or characters, that doesn't mean they didn't think about them at all.

I'm surprised it's coherent. I haven't had my coffee yet.

I think we all keep going roundabout with the Sung-pyo arguments. We'll know more in a chapter or two what he's really showing up for.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

It's called basic reading comprehension, my friend.

Ah yes, clearly Ssamba took a month and a half vacation to Hawaii during the hiatus. Definitely wasn't working on the story or whatever. I mean it's not like Ssamba mentioned anything about working on FF while on hiatus

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hello, Nya-chan.

What was the purpose of your comment? Was this a reply to anyone in particular...or everyone??

The tone is not neutral. And, in the context of your past posts, it's decidedly negative.

Having read your past posts, you've made it clear that various expectations you early developed in the story weren't met. That stinks, I guess.

But that's you. Clearly, other people are still enjoying it. A lot of people are reading and commenting in this forum.

You expressed an opinion about the story, "I'm not sure Ssamba put that much thought in her story.". In some ways I think you could be right. I know there are times when fans go to question their favorite authors and producers and find that a lot of the output was instinctive or habitual or something. Whether they did or not, how people interpret and perceive the work is.

This is a forum dedicated to Fluttering Feelings, and I think we should all be able to express negative and positive reviews of it in its entirety, the author, chapters, etc. You've been one of the few to express pretty negative reviews of certain chapters or events, and certainly you received some harsh replies for some, if not most of those. I think that stinks too.

That said, after your initial two or so negative "reviews", the following negative "reviews" were themselves inflammatory or accompanied by irrelevant inflammatory phrases and remarks targeted less at the work and more at the community--this forum and/or its participants. That's the thing that really eats at me.

I really wish you'd make an attempt to reenter the discussion instead of randomly dropping posts like this. "People here" refers to the forum participants. It's not an observation or review of the work or author. It's not objective.

So, I'm honestly asking what are you trying to accomplish? And would you be willing to attempt reentering the discussion? You must've noticed people have been replying and reacting less to any opinion you've expressed of the work and more so to your tone. None of your negative posts, even the early ones, really invited discussion. I don't think the all of them merited all of the replies, but you played your part in feeding the "flames". And you didn't incorporate the responses (feedback) into trying to make your next attempt at expressing a negative opinion more invitational.

If you're going to drop an opinion that you think pretty much everyone will reject, why not try to structure it in a way such that at least a significant number might not? And then maybe you'll find more people who feel a bit more the way you do can all join in on what could become a more diverse discussion.

I had some constructive counters to some of the objections you raised around clichés, but there really was no room to post them with the immediate and lengthy wave of backlash.

I hope you're not getting pleasure out of upsetting "everyone". Dismissal hurts. And that's how I read this post. I think it was pretty nasty. It took a while before I even noticed that the entire post wasn't directed at all of the the people posting in and viewing this forum. I'd reply to it; it being, "I'm not sure Ssamba put that much thought in her story.", but I can't tell if you actually care to read a structured response. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ And if you're just trying to mess with people to see what kind of rise you'll get, well... Even if some people have deeply offended you, please, don't take your frustrations out on everyone.

Anyway, I think I've spent enough words off topic. If you--or anyone--posts a comment that's just a complaint (without any reference to anything), I'm just gonna ignore it. Flaming would just lead to...more flames. I don't think its perfect, and I'm not just thinking of the majority-shared opinions (e.g, the well-documented "same face" "issue"). If you decide to stick on topic, I'm open to hearing your views, both negative and positive, about Fluttering Feelings (even if they're all negative now :?).

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 11:52PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

If you don't have a constructive response to Nya-chan, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND. (And don't slide in insults with your "constructive" reply.) They don't help anyone. The cat fights are annoying and generally full of posts that are just as mean and off-topic as the initial post. There are a lot of wonderful contributors to this community, and I don't want to see y'all's "uglier" sides (again). >:/

sighs Just post whatever you were going to post before you read it or don't post or something...at least not until your less...annoyed, or something, maybe.

P.S. I hope I haven't derailed things, myself... >__>

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Whatever I wrote here has always been my opinion and I always said such. Nothing that's been written here made me really change it.

I quip at FF from time to time because I'm puzzled at how big some people make it to be. It's a cute story with cute characters and that's why I read it (though I have my gripes with the pacing and plot devices), but the mob mentality here sometimes makes me wince.

I could write an essay about what I think is wrong with FF, but then a few people here would reply with twice as long refutations and would just drown my opinion under sheer text. My lack of answer would be considered their victory, while actually it would just mean I'm not as involved as them. I'm conscious my opinion seem half-baked because of that, but watching a few people raving about FF and attempting to quell any dissenting opinion with dismissive and ad-hominem comments gets on my nerves.

FF is nice, I will keep reading it, but it's nothing to write home about, in my opinion.

I don't think I insult or attack anyone in particular here. I can take criticism if it's fair. I do not doubt Ssamba put some thought in her comic but I think you put a lot of pressure on her by interpolating that much.

last edited at Nov 18, 2015 2:52AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.