Forum › Pain discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Yay, more Hibike doujins!

INB4 people comment how this would never happen in the show because it apparently "Will never happen"...

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I will never understand why there's so little KumiRei here in Dynasty Scans

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

INB4 people comment how this would never happen in the show because it apparently "Will never happen"...

Do you have a source?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Do you have a source?

See every discussion of the show on this site.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kumiko is into that kind of stuff o.o
And yes... We need more, the world needs more!!! but thanks for translating

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Do you have a source?

Well its true :P
Kyoani are masters of the bait, but they baited too much and i have become immune to their shit at this point.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Do you have a source?

Kyoani are masters of the bait, but they baited too much and i have become immune to their shit at this point.

Well, technically not completely their fault this time, almost all bait we see is in the light novel, they just put a little more in the anime.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I will never understand why there's so little KumiRei here in Dynasty Scans

I second that. I'm just waiting for the day for this site to be overflowing with KumiRei

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

Eheheh

Icon
joined Mar 14, 2015

Do you have a source?

Well, technically not completely their fault this time, almost all bait we see is in the light novel, they just put a little more in the anime.

See, the trick is to put in a little to feed the fandom's imagination but not enough to leave them satisfied... (we have doujins cuz of that) have you ever wondered why hinted couples are more popular than cannon? starting with mother NanoFate (everybody is in for NanoFate) even though is practically shouted in there... they just leave it to our imagination... Hibike! kinda (beautifully if you ask me) overused it resulting in most of the fandom offended I guess... but I think it is enough with the ''It'll never happen'' rant... since, if you pay attention, it (almost) never happens xD

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Very fitting topic, since we're all masochists for getting invested in this pair.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Do you have a source?

See, the trick is to put in a little to feed the fandom's imagination but not enough to leave them satisfied... (we have doujins cuz of that) have you ever wondered why hinted couples are more popular than cannon? starting with mother NanoFate (everybody is in for NanoFate) even though is practically shouted in there... they just leave it to our imagination... Hibike! kinda (beautifully if you ask me) overused it resulting in most of the fandom offended I guess... but I think it is enough with the ''It'll never happen'' rant... since, if you pay attention, it (almost) never happens xD

I see your point here. I guess, since Hibigay was so great and the relationship between Reina and Kumiko is so much intense than in the novels (with Reina actually taking parts of what was Shuichi's in the novels and Kumiko openly dismissive of Shuichi in the anime) that, for a second there I forgot how much bait is there always in anything with KyoAni's name.

I was weak

Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

^ I agreed. Hinted couples are alot more popular than canons but it makes everyone squeal once the story confirm that they are a couple XD. to be fair, NanoFate didn't show too much intimate moment with each other but it gave you the feeling that "Its obvious they are in love with each other the pervert ferret have no chance from the beginning" but Hibike! tease its audience way too much with Kumiko and Reina's "Intimate" actions and playful words to each other. You could clearly see that they are attracted to each other and I guess everyone just watch Hibike to see more interaction between them and hope to see that they would be canon in the end(I know I do lol) but I guess one of the reason why the fans are offended is cuz Hibike! tried to make this hinted couple to be interested in its male characters(Taki and Shuuichi) when they barely interact in the anime >_> I know i hate it when Reina talk about Taki-sensei when she is with Kumiko

last edited at Nov 6, 2015 7:48PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Is it wrong that I would totally picture them in a BDSM relationship? lol.
This was super cute.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

this is nev-, oh... ok.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's canon in the light novels that Kimiko and Reina never get together but that's like the ending proposed in Shirobako (where Catherine dies and Aria gives up in failure) - it makes little sense given there's no chemistry between Kimiko and her male friend. And insane chemistry between Kimiko and Reina. Do people here think it's likely a 2nd season would yurify this series? I always thought the animated version of maria-same was a bit more yuri than the light novels.

On Edit: Even in the NOVELS they have NO chemistry. None. zero. she clearly just gets together with him to NOT BE GAY.

last edited at Nov 6, 2015 9:55PM

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

It's canon in the light novels that Kimiko and Reina never get together but that's like the ending proposed in Shirobako (where Catherine dies and Aria gives up in failure) - it makes little sense given there's no chemistry between Kimiko and her male friend. And insane chemistry between Kimiko and Reina. Do people here think it's likely a 2nd season would yurify this series? I always thought the animated version of maria-same was a bit more yuri than the light novels.

On Edit: Even in the NOVELS they have NO chemistry. None. zero. she clearly just gets together with him to NOT BE GAY.

Well, now that everyone already knows Reina took some parts away from Shuuichi, Kyoani pretty much dug their own grave here. If we completely ignore the events of the novel and go by anime-canon, it wouldn't make much sense for Shuuichi to become Kumiko's important person with nothing to back it up.

It's likely they'll yurify the second season because it's what gave the first its charm and majority of its attention - and probably its sequel (sales included of course).

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Okay I'll be honest now, we know that in those situations yuri never happens because japanese believes in that "phase" bullshit and that girls can act super gay without being gay, the light novel becomes het on volume 3, since KyoAni is always faithful to source material and do massive amounts of bait chances for season two to end in yuri are pretty much zero, I admit that since they removed Shuichi from some scenes and put Reina in his place, a little part of me that I can't kill hopes that this mean they might turn it in yuri, cause unless they focus all season two on Kumiko x Suichi it'll be pretty much impossible to believe that Kumiko and Reina are straight after another season full of subtext that is pretty much text.

Normally I would not believe we could hope for yuri in this, supposedly volume 3 is the end of the story and volume 4 is just side stories, from what I searched the only place that says it's over is MAL, all the rest says ongoing or don't say anything, I remember reading that Kumiko and Shuichi have no chemistry at all and that Kumiko accepted his confession basically for two reasons, obligation since he confessed and pressure from her friends, now the question is, is it ongoing or not? If they make volume 5 I can totally see Kumiko dumping Shuichi and realize she always loved Reina.

It kind of makes sense when you think about it, if they sold Hibike as yuri, like pretty much everything that is yuri it would have being niche and not sold like it did, and when het happened in volume 3 it would alienate yuri fans even if it became full yuri later, althought they're not selling it as yuri technically they're not selling it as het romance either, everywhere I looked they tag it as drama, slice of life, school life, and other tags except romance, apparently japaneses love Hibike, a lot, normally if they did something like I said the japanese fans would flip out, but it's pretty much impossible to not see that Kumiko and Reina are super gay, even more gay than a lot of characters in series that are yuri, sure it would lose some fans but I don't think it would surprise anyone at all or make much damage if the author made another volume and turned it in yuri, selling yuri disguised as non-yuri/het is kind of brilliant since it's pretty much the only way for a yuri to sell as much as het works...

UH. I. NEED. TO. STOP. EVIL. HOPEFUL. THOUGHTS! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN! IT END IN HET! YURI WON'T HAPPEN!

CubieJ, from what manga is your avatar? I know I read it before but I can't remember the name...

last edited at Nov 7, 2015 12:46AM

joined Nov 11, 2013

I think if hinted couples get popular, that's just because they have a great character and a great plot in their stories. Just imagine if Madoka actually said love Homura back in TV series, i think the movie, everyone will more hype about it. Or Nanoha, Vivirded, idol master, precure.. if they actually canon, probably their anime will get more popular. I know lot of people just read doujin,instead watch the anime with just hinted in it. Like just look at this anime, lot of people don't watch it, because they know it just a yuri bait, if it's really canon, then i'm sure it even more popular than it's now.
And talk about Kyoto, there's a Chunibyo from i know it's not made like original light novel, but because of it, the anime very success now. So i really hope, euphonium can have a different ending frome LN. In the end, this anime popular because the yuri in it, if they make a het ending, i think it probably have a contrary effect.

last edited at Nov 7, 2015 1:04AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

japaneses love Hibike, a lot, normally if they did something like I said the japanese fans would flip out, but it's pretty much impossible to not see that Kumiko and Reina are super gay, even more gay than a lot of characters in series that are yuri,

Plus they are interesting together. Those two stand out even with the drama in the trumpet section, the teacher, and the main euphonium as competition.

I liked Toradora because the boy and girl in that were interesting together.

If either of Reina or Kimiko were male, there wouldn't be any question who would end up together, IMO.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

If even just the manga were to end up shipping Reina and Kimiko I would be happier, even if the anime stopped with her still with Shuichi. That's how I managed to enjoy Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto in anime form, while still cursing the viewers for not liking them enough for two more seasons each. I mentally regarded the rest of the manga as the missing seasons and thought of them in the voices from the anime.

Also nothing wrong with dating the wrong guy before Kimiko gets together in her OTP once she re-finds the red string of the plot.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Pfft.I'll just enjoy thus, and every other manga with Reina and Kumiko being super gay.I don't care if they get together with some boys, to let it be het - i still have my great amount of yuri from them.From authors.And this satisfy me enough.

last edited at Nov 7, 2015 2:48AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Then why the fuck did they put that red-string scene in ending. I waited for yuri so much but I agree if this series had yuri in it it would be suck and terrible. I think there should'nt be any romance in this series but they put it in anyway.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

That's one of the things that makes me mad about both the novels and the anime: There's baiting for the sake of popularity. Even in the novels, where Shuichi is more prominent and there's something resembling a "relationship" between him and Kumiko, Reina and Kumiko are way more important to each other than anyone around them. Which is why, like so many people, I was so pissed off when they pulled the "I like Taki-sensei" card to kind of justify Reina NOT being gay, and then they completely forgot that point. Correct me if I'm wrong, Thiaguinho-sama, but they never mention it again in the books (I have terrible memory so I like to make sure). It was made just to tie the lose ends so Kumiko and Reina didn't ended together.

Value dissonance dictates that we, as westerns, don't think the same way as Japanese people, where girls "train" each other for relationships by playing gay in highschool. Which is sadly why KumiRei will never happen in canon, and which is why it's so maddening what KyoAni is doing. Want to make a nice, absurdly pretty anime about a high school orchestra, with a lot of character development and a somehow believable romatic arc for the main character? Then do it properly, but don't bait us this wat for the sake of popularity. It's such a dick move

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

this would never happen in the show because it apparently "Will never happen"

To reply you must either login or sign up.