Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

I love this so much, the atmosphere, the love for books and the art, is all so good

Same, but where is the yuri?

We should make a new tag: "Kinda sorta Yuri but not really" or "1 chapter of Yuri"

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

redmoo

I love this so much, the atmosphere, the love for books and the art, is all so good

We should make a new tag: "Kinda sorta Yuri but not really" or "1 chapter of Yuri"

It may be taking awhile but it does seem to actually be developing in that direction, if a bit slowly.

Yuuna
joined Jan 4, 2015

yey for the update! :)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Reminds me of early chapters of Girl Friends back in the day; the scanlators had a little joke page with a conversation, something like
"What are you reading?"
"A new yuri manga!"
"What's it called?"
"Girl Friends! What about you?"
"I'm reading a new manga without any yuri."
"What's it called?"
"Girl Friends!"

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

But this chapter seemed completely unrelated to anything!! >< though that point of view was interesting buuut!!! well, I hope it has something to do with Matsuri in the next chapters @_@

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I think it had meaning in it. Maybe Ms. Sunflower to re-evaluate how she lives.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'd vote to add it to Stretch.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I can't really say there's "yuri" in this manga.

Still really no yuri in this series, but still cute nonetheless

I want some yuri action ... I feel that I will never have that in this manga

No yuri vibe in this chapter at all.

I think this series is more likely [rhymes with Mojo Pie] than yuri.

where is the yuri?

#howisthisyuri

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Matsuri loves Ms Sunflower, if anything it should be yuri crush. I don't really see them actually being a couple as an end game.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The moral is that Matsuri is her ever-changing book.

joined Mar 25, 2013

The moral is that Matsuri is her ever-changing book.

And by the end of the book, she'll end up loving her.

And they lived happily ever after.

I do think that by the end they'll probably be together, if not outright said, at least kind of like Ebisu and Hotei, heavily implied.

Plus how is it not yuri? I haven't read it in a while but I recall that the MC is in love with/has a crush on the librarian, the MC's sister as well has a crush on her.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Wish it was Yuri

Damn, good to see Kawaii Scans is not as dead as I thought it was.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

telamon

Plus how is it not yuri? I haven't read it in a while but I recall that the MC is in love with/has a crush on the librarian, the MC's sister as well has a crush on her.

And it seems fairly strongly implied that at least to some point Miss Sunflower feels strongly about Matsuri even if it's not the same sort of feeling. So maybe it won't have a yuri ending but it's still completely possible.

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Wish it was Yuri

Haha, I like this tag!
We should add this to Stretch.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This feels like something that would happen in xxxHolic. I vote for more supernatural stuff slowly creeping into the world, forcing Ms. Sunflower and Matsuri to go on adventures together.

Inevitably, these adventures should lead to yuri.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And then they take the Galaxy Express 999.

Picartoprofile2
joined Mar 9, 2013

Wish it was Yuri

lol this tag could be used in so many mangas and animes orz

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

It Updated!

I was actually considering to just buy them online somehow!

joined Apr 20, 2013

Wish it was Yuri

+1 for that tag! pretty pretty please?

I'm kinda used to all those so called "low-yuri-profile-series", but sometimes is hard when all your manga lists are only about them and this applies to Miss Sunflower, unfortunately.

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 2:50PM

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I like the series but as a yuri?? On my own point of view, Its like far too way from being a yuri manga... of how matsuri shows her affection to Ms. Sunflower it is kind of not yuri type... haha... maybe I was used of reading of something...hahaha... I don't know how to describe it. But, it's just like a more shoujo or shoujo ai. The feelings that I'm getting to the words, to expressions, to the actions that I've putting on my mind from the beginning till the chapter 23,the feeling that I'm getting is just a feeling of admiration, sisterly love. Oh yes! The romantic feeling of Love of both girls that is what I'm looking forward to develop.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

..just a feeling of admiration, sisterly love. Oh yes! The romantic feeling of Love of both girls that is what I'm looking forward to develop.

Me too. It's been more like admiration than romantic at all.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Heeey, this is rather unrelated but I'd really like to help out the scanlators but they didn't answer to my comment on their page... I'm not sure why :< have they resigned?

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Heeey, this is rather unrelated but I'd really like to help out the scanlators but they didn't answer to my comment on their page...

Try http://almostkawaii.wordpress.com.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Faylicia

Heeey, this is rather unrelated but I'd really like to help out the scanlators but they didn't answer to my comment on their page... I'm not sure why :< have they resigned?

The group is kinda in disarray at the moment due to the person running it disappearing. The blog Gulf Standard linked is the current base of operations for the time being. There's only one chapter of Miss Sunflower waiting for release at the moment though and it's just waiting on the final QC.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Master woman teased the brother? Kinky.

To reply you must either login or sign up.