Forum › Stretch discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

we don't know what was the message in their cellphones

The message was the picture in the last page that was sent by Saki senpai to both Ran and Keiko

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 7:38PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

WHAT THE FUCK

joined Mar 25, 2013

ak48

Show mentioned something about a Sequel.
Look forward to the 4th volume

If true then perhaps it was good that it finished here, and the sequel (which 98% won't happen) is one time when Keiko goes back for a bit or something.

I knew it was gonna end like this after the abruptness of Keiko moving but held a little hope that he will at least tie up some loose ends, but with this ending it leaves quite a lot to be desired. I wonder if Prism didn't get canceled would they break up at the end?

joined Oct 13, 2014

if it ends here im gonna be reaaaaallly upset

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

That is odd. Without the End I would have never assumed that the manga just ended. Forget all te yuri stuff, the story just feels like it stopped somewhere right before the last few chapters. It is missing way too much.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

hahahaha, that was brilliant. Stretch is definitely a masterpiece of a yuri genre. It's been an amazing trip. And what I love about it, I'll keep rereading it once in a while discovering more and more hints of whatever ending I myself want. And Shou obviously ran out of exercises to depict.

And the best part about the ending, I'm glad that Keiko's going to see and accept her mother.

PS
Thanks to everybody for the fantastic discussions in this thread. You guys and our emotions are what actually made the manga priceless. I'll definitely miss that experience. And thanks to Shou of course for the awesome trollobait ride.

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 8:06PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It was an amazing trip that sadly had electrical problems and had to pull over and be towed over the finish line.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

It was an amazing trip that sadly had electrical problems and had to pull over and be towed over the finish line.

And it wasn't even towed through the last part of the course, it just took a shortcut

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 8:00PM

Tumblr_mowk7kwu4s1sqzlsyo3_1280
joined Dec 26, 2013

END ...END you ..are you f*cking kidding me D:

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

Shou is the greatest troll of all time, this entire series has been engineered to piss off as many people as possible, and it's a beautiful thing

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I think the sorrow here is twofold.

One the one side we overhyped ourselves to the bloody skies. Always jumping at the chapter the second it comes out, always trying to see the small subtextual trials left in between the words, always yearning for that next fix. He put out a bait and we caught it like the lily-loving little fishies we are.

Though on the other hand, he did this to us. He left the bait out, he strung us along for 45 chapters, and the subtext was at times thick enough to put a spoon in it. He knew exactly what he was doing!

My biggest disappointment though is not in that it wasn't a Yuri ending, I could even have handled a het-ending or a "Confession ends in rejection" ending. This was neither Yuri nor Het, but the big problem is I'd barely even call it an ending at all. We don't get any conclusion, no satisfaction, and everything is still left unanswered.

Simply put, I think most of us here could've handled any kind of ending, but what we got was no ending. At least no ending that most of us could grasp. I think that's why so many of us are upset.

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 8:04PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

D:

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

I feel kinda sad.. somehow...

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

What a waste of time.

Shou better go back to do loli hentai. Seems to be the only thing that he can do right.

Fuck Shou, fuck this world, fuck my hope.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I completely forgot that the volume will probably have an extra. Would it be an epilogue though? Cause the previous ones weren't following up on the story, just doodles and stretches.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

These tears are delicious Kek

Av
joined May 25, 2015

To me the whole series revolved around Keiko healing from her traumatic experience, and Ran coming into her own at her first foray into independent life.

Sure we got teased a ton, so one would be right to feel cheated, but that indignation shouldn't blind us from the rather heartwarming story of two people leaning on each other in times of need and carving themselves a special place in the other's heart.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Hope he makes special chapter. He *should *must *needs.

joined Jul 17, 2013

Khé.

joined Dec 7, 2013

It seems like some/many here didn't actually enjoy the manga in it's own right, just enjoyed the fact that it could potentially have yuri at some point.

I think this comment

Its like those dudes that keep going to the strip club thinking that the stripper REALLY LIKES them?

summed it up best.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Are you fucking kidding me? Sigh Oh well. Guess it was fun while it lasted. Now I suppose I'm more free to focus on the stories that are actually yuri.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Well that ended my day on a bad note...

joined Apr 15, 2013

Of course, why would I expect anything different?

joined Mar 25, 2013

From the yawaspi page, afterword from Shou translated by the guy from Boon.

This is the end of Ran and Keiko's living together.

It's gotten a lot longer than planned, but it's thanks to the readers' comments that I was able to draw 45 chapters. Thank you very much.

I'm planning on drawing more for the 4th volume than for the other volumes. There might even be a sequel. Please look forward to it.

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 8:36PM

joined Dec 7, 2013

I'm planning on drawing more for the 4th volume than for the other volumes. There might even be a sequel. Please look forward to it.

I look forward to the reactions from the community when it's still not yuri

ehehehehe

To reply you must either login or sign up.