Forum › Gamma discussion

joined Sep 11, 2014

This has been an awesome and epic series. Even without the yuri I'd still read it. The most epic fight IMO was the Nano Mugen vs Dr. Woe. And with the last chapter, I guess the incest tag could be taken off. Also, Sakaki and Flame Bane must've bought their pants from whatever store Hulk bought his pants.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

As a look at superheroes the series was reasonably interesting. Not super-insightful, but a perspective you don't see often. Particularly since a lot of series about examining superheroes tend to be really heavy on DC influences with token nods to other stuff, and Gamma pretty much is that other stuff

The yuri was alright. Marina x Yuri could have used a bit more build-up, but Miyuki x Hikari was cute (Miyuki's siscon tendencies could have been dealt with, though)

Art was good, and we got some neat action scenes. Design work is largely unspectacular, with the only stand-out being Dr. Woe, but generally functional enough

The plot did suffer from the episodic pacing. Way too many revelations came at the end and we didn't have enough time to care about a lot of these people

The fanservice is awkward throughout and only gets worse with the decision to amp it up during the finale

Overall, something I enjoyed reading well enough, but find hard to particularly recommend

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This was an excellent ending, hitting all the right tropes and beats typical of the superhero genre. I must admit though, that Yuri ending crippled was kind of a bullshit development that it didn't really added nothing worthy to the narrative.

I believe the relationships and pairings were handled very well but it gives the impression it was rushed due the hiatus we had between chapters. Just compare the Hikari on chapter 3 with the one here in chapter 20 to see what I mean.

Also I feel kind of bad for the author and all the uncalled criticism flung at him by nearsighted people. I mean, c'mon.

One of my favorite series fo sure, shame DC analogues were completely absent though.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Great ending indeed. Flame Bane was badass. Don't know how he survived the explosion, though. Anyway, the kiss Marina gives to Yuri at the end is hearth melting.

joined Jan 8, 2014

How cool that the captain and yuri are doing like a "P.I." type thingy! Ill read that manga, lol
I still was hoping for more yuri plot, but its presence was enough to add some seasoning to an already cool series...
Thanks for translating!

joined May 24, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gamma_ch20#26

I love the "How could 3 little shits defeat me?!" look in his face in the end...that's more or less the same look colin forell had when he got killed at the end of that Fright Night remake

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I thought that was a pretty good ending. I'm satisfied and I think that's all that matters for an ending. Wrapped up everything nicely. Flame Bane vs Sakaki didn't disappoint.

From his author's note, even if the series didn't get axed, it confirms he just used vol 5 as an experiment which is why he threw in all that fanservice and grabbed every girl and smushed their faces together. Wished he wrote an extra 4 or 5 chapters just to make the transition between those time skips a lot smoother. Would have made this A+ work in my eyes.

Overall, I loved the series. Even if it was episodic, I was never bored and it still hinted enough to a bigger story line to keep me coming back. I loved all the heroes they introduced and it was a great nostalgia trip. If there wasn't all the blatant fanservice in volume 5, I would definitely recommend it to a lot of my friends.

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 1:05AM

joined Aug 16, 2014

Great ending indeed. Flame Bane was badass. Don't know how he survived the explosion, though. Anyway, the kiss Marina gives to Yuri at the end is hearth melting.

Same here! I figured the ending would be MarinaxYuri since her sister is with Hikari.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Aside from edgy mctoughguy getting to finish the final enemy instead of one of the real main characters, this was a fantastic end to a fantastic series.

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

Eh it was a good run. I liked it. I still prefer Hikari with the shorter haircut though... And Yuri being disabled for life is kinda bittersweet

Speaking of which, the author sure have some pretty hardcore yuri of every characters on his pixiv...

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 1:28AM

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

Nice ending, but couldn't Dr. Goto at least make robotic legs for Yuri? I wanna see more Marina x Yuri so I wish there'd be an extra chapter for them

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

loved the whole thing. don't think i've ever thought a ending was rushed, but gotta admit this one they kinda threw together it feels like.

they went with more nsfw stuff at the end too, not that i minded, just came out of nowhere. i agree with the others and the not being able to walk part as well. feels added for no good reason and no closure on if its permanent

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i liked it but i feel it need an extra to just sum it up.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

"New hero, No one to fight" 1st world problems right here.

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said...so I'll just say I like it, even though I'm not really into superheroes stuff.

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

Aw, there's no 'incest' at all... (In the last chapters) -_-

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I love Flame Bane.

"Aha, I took your superpowers!"
"I don't give a SHIT about SUPERPOWERS!"

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

"What's up with that last page?!?!" is what I thought while happily crying and raging at the same time.
Whew, this manga sure has a been a long albeit short ride. The action and center focus of the manga thankfully, did not stray from the whole superhero theme to the yuri side completely which, I find both very satisfying and frustrating. Loved how the girls were potrayed very lovingly and caring, especially without the usual "weak girl, dominant girl" setting cuz both halves work together to kick ass.
A slight discomfort in knowing that the sister's relationship went a bit...apart? At the few ending chapters, it just feels like there's no more crazy big-sister-ish borderline incest love coming from Miyuki anymore. I get that Yuri finally understands that she has to properly stand up on her own two feet (pardon the bad pun), and not be protected by Miyuki anymore but really? Just cutting it off like that only to get hot and steamy with Marina? Miyuki on the other hand, threw me off guard when she almost ditched her sister and her captain to fight possibly the strongest supervillain ever for her gf. If anything, I blame Jump SQ readers who just want the action to cut straight to the point much like any other typical shounen manga.
Bless Ogino Jun-sensei for finishing this awesome work and I really hope it gets made into an anime.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, all in all a good manga, just felt rushed in the end, but meh. Kinda amusing how things got really nsfw for just one chapter there, was expecting an increase in it in the following chapter, but those went quite tame, especially the last pages. ^^

Oh, and those who are down there were no incest in this, do check the author pixiv linked a few pages ago, it have a few of it. Considering they're from the author and not tagged as requests, wonder if we can assume those happened "behind the scene" :p Also, interesting how Marina and Yuri seems to be into bdsm XD

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

the protagonist in pain for the loss of a friend she can't even remember, this isn't a bad idea, but you can't tell that with 3 pages, and the situation is weak, it needed to be a little more moving or adrenalinic,
and, if you name the chapters with supervillains names, i expect some more background on them: who is the steel, other than the killer of Light's friend, and a superman-clone? and Mr. cell? his power is not really clear how it works, but i don't care, this isn't bleach, but i wanted to know more on his motivations, when he started thinking of his plan, he calls lostman his teacher, but how was their relation?
moreover: the evolution of mankind is the motivation i expect from Knigth of sidonia's villain, not here.
it's a real shame, but this manga needed a pair of volumes more, i don't know if it's the editor's fault or the artist's

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Flame Bane is badass.
And he totally expected Sakaki taking his powers away.

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

"Hey! Respect the fourth wall!!"
That little bit got me =))

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

It may have sped up at the end but it was a good manga overall. Love the ending too, it's perfect. Rider stag gets introduced, even gets the typical chapter title, except he's got nothing to do lol.

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 5:14AM

Credit
joined Jul 14, 2013

So summing everything up Captain Marina is into BD.... Now everything makes sense :D

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Well, My work is done her
https://youtu.be/KoCtPojDQT4?t=4s

To reply you must either login or sign up.