Forum › Gamma discussion

K-8mrinwxaaz9-lt_gbsmjyizpi6k9rxvvyg8qyvh-o
joined Jun 24, 2015

I'm glad to see the author knows how to not outstay his/her welcome. I'm always a little sick of action stories that stretch on for more chapters than I care to read. Also holy crap, pairing out the ass. Alot of these are seemingly coming out of nowhere as well. Perhaps a reread is in order...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

There's a middle ground between "fight the same opponent for 20+ chapter" and "We found the bad guy and gather heroes in a room, hint of some training, 6 month later, final fight gogogo !"

I think it could have lasted at least another volume to explain a bit more the situation and a few things like how they managed to keep hidden for all that time, considering it seems the baddies knew about them, what the population reactiion were considering he went kinda public about his plans and so on.

There's a thing as being too fast as much as being too slow. :p

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

So....fast....it's...obviously axed.
or was it?
I mean, the story of Lily Cure being 2 people can go for 1 chapter,
the story of Marina being saved by Lily Cure can also go for 1 chapter,
then the development between Miyuki and Hikari,
then the development between Yuri and Marina.

I mean, these chapters are awesome, but the fact that they should even be longer kinda pisses me off.

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 12:54PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I heard the last chapter will hit live in a few hours. Good, I will finally read this and see if it is any good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

By the way, the couples having sexy times are available on the author's pixiv

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=11960702

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

then the development between Miyuki and Hikari,
then the development between Yuri and Marina.

Those two relationships, especially Miyuki and Hikari have been developed in the background for 2 volumes.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I was not disappointed scrolling through that gallery. Artist needs to do some one-shots or something because seriously: hawt damn

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Amusingly, it seems that other than the dead ones and the commander and discharge wives'. Every single women on the manga is a raging lesbian.

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 4:32PM

joined Jun 21, 2013

^ ain't nothin' wrong with that. Bring on the raging lesbians! (cause at this point with the rush of the story, that's all I'm looking forward to besides Cell's been a long time coming annihilation)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So....fast....it's...obviously axed.
or was it?

According to someone in comments elsewhere, the author says it wasn't axed, this is how it was planned.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Something it was pointed elsewhere and which I agree completely is in how great is to have a sci-fi/action story with lesbian characters instead of another yuri with scifi/action elements.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Something it was pointed elsewhere and which I agree completely is in how great is to have a sci-fi/action story with lesbian characters instead of another yuri with scifi/action elements.

Oh god yes. Actually having clear lesbian characters in a story or game from a genre like superheroes or fantasy or SF or whatever, feels so good!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Amusingly, it seems that other than the dead ones and the commander and discharge wives'. Every single women on the manga is a raging lesbian.

And I see nothing wrong with this

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yeah, Mika and her Rivalrun are pretty obvious, but then we've got pairs like lady Ironman and Captain Marina's aide (I've forgotten most of the names), the pianist and Hikari's little sister, and are those the girls from the Rock Rangers??? "Lewd yuri summary of Gamma sub characters" <--absolutely nsfw link to a specific pixiv post by the author

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Those are the rock rangers indeed. Which pianist?

PV
https://youtu.be/6wL9hKqs8HQ

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 9:32PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

We've had some here and there. Like yuri in non-yuri anime, as I like to refer to them, i.e. lesbian characters whom character is not simply defined by being a lesbian, but instead it adding to the character. This manga is an example.

Unfortunately, in mangas at least, most of what we've seen around here are not very good.

last edited at Aug 20, 2015 9:41PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In manga, what we've seen almost everywhere in terms of good lesbian characters in major roles (if not the leading role) in non-romance stories is pretty awful. Like I'd love to see more stuff like this or Creo the Crimson Crisis where you have an overarching plot to go with the character's personal story involving going out with other girls.

Heck, even the west isn't good at that yet, although they're getting better.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

That was a pretty good ending all things considered.

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

Ending was a bit rushed to me it seemed like the yuri was forced/rushed also, well I don't mind it anyway since the incest pairing broke which surprised me the most and was a quite nice twist.
But the story itself is extremely awesome. You couldn't predict who will survive cause at the random deaths which made it really realistic. If you wabt peace you gotta make sacrifices in war. I hope this would have gotten an anime but yeah just hopes but they should really extend the last chapters a bit more fighting and stuff.

joined Oct 13, 2014

yknow ive had ideas for a story similar to this but never had the courage to start writing it. its a bit like this and onepunch man but stars a super hero couple who faked their deaths after saving the world but grow bored and pretend to be villians to give new heroes a challenge and life lessons

joined Jun 21, 2013

Pffft that ending tho.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

"I've got no bad guys to fight!"
"And the problem is?"

Funny as fuck! Poor Stag Rider, missing the superhero boat. Perhaps, on the next unpredictable threat (Bet they happen in cycles!), he will get something to pummel.

And all my yuri lovin ended nicely. Yay! :D

Snapshot%20eye
joined Mar 23, 2012

that last picture on chap 20 though XD

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

that last picture on chap 20 though XD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well then.

Story was awesome, I am not into the hero comics/movies/etc but I liked what this manga was doing. Other than the dodgy pacing change of the last chapters, it was all pretty good.

Yuri side-dish was kinda eh, not so bothered by it's lackluster development tho, it was just not the main dish... need to stop with the food serving analogy.

Fine read.

To reply you must either login or sign up.