Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Dahek, all these people posting suddenly. XD

It seems they got a mutual understanding on the matter and Miam-Miam got the OK to publish their english version.

My take is, it's not a French->English translation, but a double translation.

We didn't exactly get a "mutual understanding"… I asked them if they were okay with it on their site, but they never answered, so I just went ahead. It's the same reason Dynasty decided to upload our chapters in the end.

And yeah, I translate chapters from Japanese in both languages. But since it's not my mothertongue, my English translations are obviously not as good as my French ones. =[

Side couples kinda lose their charm when their parts are basically one-shots and never appear again. =/

Still, a few are there.

I think the first 3 volumes were to set up the 4 main couples (although Chiharu and Izumi are less a "couple" and more a boke and tsukkomi pair). Not sure what kind of part they will play in the future, but I don't think they will just disappear. =O Going by this…
https://twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/625320016645230593
…chapter 16 will be a Moe × Mizuki one.

Somebody please explain me where in the end did Ai's and Chiharu's senpai enter? If not her first wish, then to the university nearby, which Ai wanted? Or nor first wish, neither there?

According to the pre-chapter summaries, she went "to a faraway university", so I guess she did have her first wish. But yeah, it wasn't very clear…

I like the emphasis on Kurosawa's mindset but I wish we got to see a little more on Shiramine's side. I guess it just feels a bit unbalanced since Kurosawa is growing outwardly by doing all sorts of new things where Shiramine is growing inwardly and slowly accepts her feelings. I hope the opposite is next!

I know right… it's pretty ironic that Ayaka seems to become more of a loner than Yurine as it goes on. Buuut… that may be precisely a factor to make her accept Yurine, if that makes any sense?

I get it, but it took me awhile. She'd rather just end it now then watch the club die a slow death. I can actually sympathize with that. But the manga seemed to try and romanticize it a bit too much.

Every arc is like that honestly. They focus on things that are important to the characters but seem rather mundane from outside. At least the stakes here felt a bit higher than in volume 2 − it's something they spent 5 whole years bulding together after all. =O

last edited at Aug 5, 2015 10:31AM

joined Sep 9, 2013

chapter 4 is confusing as hell! I didn't understand the reason for cutting her her off. Because it made her compatible(what?)and then she liked it herself? Bizarre

joined Jun 12, 2015

Jeez, the story in this series is weird. I can't enjoy it at all. All those charcters are not very interesting. I actually get bored while reading. Especially volume 2. What a let down.
BTW: This manga feels more like story S than yuri to me. Very marimite-ish.

last edited at Aug 5, 2015 9:29AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, at least there's one couple that have a proper conclusion. Enjoy reading it, especially since Kurosawa is an interesting character. Instead of keeping a cool and distant attitude at all time, making her hard to figure out (as those kind of character are often portrayed in mangas), I love how she's totally on the dere side and outgoing whenever Ayaka is nearby. XD

And though I enjoy reading about all those couple, it sometimes feels like the main couple are put way back in the background ^^;

Hope to see more chapter soon nonetheless !

chapter 4 is confusing as hell! I didn't understand the reason for cutting her her off. Because it made her compatible(what?)and then she liked it herself? Bizarre

She finds Moe cute and probably didn't find herself as cute with longer hair, so she worried about people comparing them and wondering why a "not so cute" girl was always with the "very cute" moe. She cut her hair to get a more tomboyish look, people found that both their look were nice put together (calling them prince and princess), that made her happy that people like seeing them as such a pair, so she started to love her haircut.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Personally, I see Shiramine and Yurine falling more and more for each other, and I approve of it.

In the words of Kumalia-sama : "YURI, SHOUNIN!"

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

How did this get like ten chapters without me noticing????

exactly my thoughts

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

exactly my thoughts

The chapters have always been there, on bato.to.

Except they were in French.

joined Mar 23, 2013

exactly my thoughts

The chapters have always been there, on bato.to.

Except they were in French.

And I've read them.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Man, was I glad for this continuous chapters xD aaaaand with a few "couples" I was so glad when the last one, they finally kissed! and it wasn't the two main heroines this time! FINALLY! xD

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

Yukina and Towako reminds me of eternal flame and laffy Saffy, also of kyosaya.
Loving all the parings there are here <3

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

So many pairings... for some reason I hadn't read this and omg, I read the whole thing now, I looooove iiiiiiiit

joined Apr 1, 2014

Thank you Frog Translators for your service.

last edited at Aug 5, 2015 5:29PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yukina was awesome. Towako was too Yandere for me....

I think I like the little behind the scenes side couple stories more than the actual arcs. I highly doubt it will happen, but I'm dying for an expansion on the teacher x office lady (?) couple.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Thank you Frog Translators for your service.

Mais de rien. =3

Calling Towako a yandere is a bit much. ^^" Her reasoning is a bit twisted, but she wouldn't hurt a fly. Probably.

Chapter 5's "Behind the scenes" was my favorite too! If only because we don't see many adults in this series… I don't think these scenes are meant to be expanded though. :\ Well, some people already complain that there are too many couples anyway, haha.

I wonder which of the pairings is the most popular in Japan… or here…

last edited at Aug 5, 2015 5:38PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Haha I think it still falls under yandere. The whole "if I can't have Yukina to myself, no one can!" is pretty similar to yandere "I'll kill the one I love if I can't have them" mentality. Yeah it's not as extreme, but just gave off that vibe with betraying Yukina and hurting her emotionally. I might be misunderstanding the arc wrong, and read above it's because Towako didn't want the club to die slowly, but I also saw it as Towako didn't want Yukina leaving her behind and having other people to rely on too (thus the problem with "change" in the club and their relationship).

The punch in the face was pretty epic. I'm surprised and glad Yukina actually did that haha.

Haha yes there are a TON of extra pairings, but they should have at least 1 adult pairing.. :( The student x teacher one is very intriguing too....

Thanks for scanlating! :)

Obnoxious%20vi
joined May 27, 2015

Haha yes there are a TON of extra pairings, but they should have at least 1 adult pairing.. :( The student x teacher one is very intriguing too....

There is http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch05#28

Only very slightly but still.

last edited at Aug 5, 2015 9:35PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

if this gets anime, Shiramine will be voiced by Sugiura Ayano.

Saki Fujita, it would be nice.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

if this gets anime, Shiramine will be voiced by Sugiura Ayano.

I want it to be Kugimiya Rie but only if more Touko-like than Taiga-like.

last edited at Aug 5, 2015 10:39PM

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh, wouldn't you know it, they actually have released drama CD for this. I'm still trying to find further details on it, though.

last edited at Aug 6, 2015 1:31AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I have conflicting feelings about this series.

The art is incredible and the characters are very expressive. The tone of the series is wonderfully fluffy and heartwarming but the writing itself feels like it lacks a focus, we go from set piece to set piece without a clear thread connecting them and our protagonists are awfully underdeveloped,

I take the series is still going on Japan? With the last arc the writing seemed to improve (even if it cranked the drama unecessarily)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

There is http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch05#28

Only very slightly but still.

Yeah I mentioned them in my earlier post. Just hoping that we get a chapter or 2...or more...that expands on them. If this series is still on going, it can be a possibility. (Not gonna raise my hopes though)

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

mmm. I noticed minor spelling errors ("wa" instead of "we"), couple of grammar problems. I noticed a sentenced that was left untranslated from the french translation from a background character "tu me sors une epine du pied", etc. but for the most part it is passable.

last edited at Aug 6, 2015 3:17AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I have conflicting feelings about this series.

The art is incredible and the characters are very expressive. The tone of the series is wonderfully fluffy and heartwarming but the writing itself feels like it lacks a focus, we go from set piece to set piece without a clear thread connecting them and our protagonists are awfully underdeveloped,

I thought exactly the same thing.

last edited at Aug 6, 2015 4:41AM

Ooohh i didn't notice until just recently that this manga here has been updated! I love the hardworking gurl and her genius clingy love interest! >~<

last edited at Aug 6, 2015 5:34AM

joined May 10, 2011

I remember reading the first two chapters a long time ago and thinking I wouldn't like it much, but now that I've read up to 15, It's one of my favorites.

To reply you must either login or sign up.