Forum › Tonari no Robot discussion

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Nothing new here.

That goes for literally everything, ever.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nothing new here.

That goes for literally everything, ever.

Man, I wish they'd come up with an original complaint. So cliche, 0/10.

joined Oct 12, 2014

guess what, this gonna be a damn beautiful love story
there is no doubt since it was written by Nishi Uko

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

sits on a chair and waits for the rest of the story

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

to me, the best of this manga are those dads, they treat her like their real daugter haha

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Man, I just love this manga.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Why the heck are the robots in manga named like cities in Czech Republic? ._. ... Praha, Liberec

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Why the heck are the robots in manga named like cities in Czech Republic? ._. ... Praha, Liberec

Because of this probably:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_%C4%8Capek#Etymology_of_robot

joined May 10, 2011

I love yuri, and I love anything about theoretical AI. Several new mangas I've seen recently have been hitting my sweet spots.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Because of this probably:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_%C4%8Capek#Etymology_of_robot

The more you know.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Might be a tribute of sorts to R.U.R., the Czech story that originally coined the word robot.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 12:03AM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Might be a tribute of sorts to R.U.R., the Czech story that originally coined the word robot.

True. I'm actually from Czech rebublic and i've read the play, but i would never guess that they would actually put the names and everything like this. Thanks for the idea, i didn't think of that :)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This is a lot less angsty than I thought it would be, which is nice. I was worried that the scientists would be upset at Chika for messing with their experiment/Hiro/Praha, but they seem to be curious about their interactions instead of angry. I still feel for Chika, though - it's like a learning experience for both of them, on how to love.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

It's been a while since the first chapter, it's nice seeing this again, and poor Chika-chan

Tumblr_inline_o0jzypbfvb1tn11th_540_1452229079373
joined Jun 5, 2015

this story make me questioning more about artificial feeling.. does Hiro-chan feeling (memory) towards Chika-chan can easily erased like I erase data from my phone memory..?

-and there's come the angst story-

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

When I found out that you can't actually use galaxies as shuriken, I just couldn't enjoy Gurenn Lagann anymore so I definitely know how you feel.

Hahahahaha

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

This is a lot less angsty than I thought it would be, which is nice. I was worried that the scientists would be upset at Chika for messing with their experiment/Hiro/Praha, but they seem to be curious about their interactions instead of angry. I still feel for Chika, though - it's like a learning experience for both of them, on how to love.

I find the scientists' attitude much more realistic (to the context), the robot was sent out live a life amongs others, they are observing the situation and analyzing it without disrupting it... Like real scientists would do.

Knight
joined Oct 10, 2013

This is kind a sad. I just wish there will be a happy end for them, though it's somehow quite impossible.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

That last page thooooo Pffft only teared up a little bit.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

this story make me questioning more about artificial feeling.. does Hiro-chan feeling (memory) towards Chika-chan can easily erased like I erase data from my phone memory..?

-and there's come the angst story-

Well, basically yes. But the same is true for our biological brains. It's just that the delete function has other triggers, e.g. Alzheimer's disease or injuries.

I'm really looking forward to see where this goes. I don't think the way Hiro works and perceives the world is much different to how humans work, it's just that her programming is less complete and she has more adapting to do. She doesn't look like a philosophical zombie to me.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 2:02AM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I feel bad for Chika-chan...

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Im loving this series. How many chapters does it have? Anyone knows?

joined Apr 15, 2013

I don't know why, but the fact that the male scientists go into overprotective father mode when love is mentioned is just hilarious to me. It looks like Chika isn't the only one getting emotional over Hiro.

joined May 30, 2015

so cuteeeeee, yay so glad for 3 chapter update! been waiting for this :3 it's so bittersweet

i hope she learns to love

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I am loving this depiction of learning A.I.s and scientists. Why can't hollywood do it like this, even without the yuri?

Also, I have a sinking feeling this will end in tragedy, which makes me a sad panda. Hiro-chan and Chika-chan deserve happiness, darn it!

I love yuri, and I love anything about theoretical AI. Several new mangas I've seen recently have been hitting my sweet spots.

There are more manga like this one‽ If you don't mind, what are they called?

To reply you must either login or sign up.