Forum › Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon discussion

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I'm more interested in why Tooru pretends to be dead. Really hope there doesn't pop up some kind of 'I didn't want to be married so I went to fake my death.' stuff aka arranged marriage.

It could just be that she doesn't want to deal with God's and heroes trying to kill her.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm more interested in why Tooru pretends to be dead. Really hope there doesn't pop up some kind of 'I didn't want to be married so I went to fake my death.' stuff aka arranged marriage.

It could just be that she doesn't want to deal with God's and heroes trying to kill her.

This is why Dragons always end up extinct in fiction, they don't hang out with eachother and just don't care when XYZ dragon dies to the humans making huge ass armies.

Dragons why so smart and yet so dumb? Species have to stay together or die.

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 9:39AM

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Typo in Chapter 7, Page 8, Panel 3, second word balloon: "I was actually close to death, but I was saved my Kobayashi-san." That should be "by Kobayashi-san."

Overall, I am just loving this story. Tooru and Kanna are adorable, and Koyabashi's non-plussed attitude is perfect. Thanks to CIRNO9BAKA for bringing these chapters out so quickly.

joined Oct 17, 2012

Good to see everyone enjoying this as much as I do XD

Since you are the scanlator, is there any way to get in contact with you somewhere? I'd like to discuss a few things, if you would be OK with that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Am I the only that felt a change in tone in chapter 7? It suddenly became kind of melancholic and introspective

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Especially since dragon girl is one from three of my favorite monster girls (other 2 being centaur and lamia).

Really need some lamia yuri... that isn't rape... nor vore...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Especially since dragon girl is one from three of my favorite monster girls (other 2 being centaur and lamia).

True. Any monster yuri would be great, really.

Cirno
joined Jun 25, 2015

Good to see everyone enjoying this as much as I do XD

Since you are the scanlator, is there any way to get in contact with you somewhere? I'd like to discuss a few things, if you would be OK with that.

If you want to contact me personally, you can email me. singingwkd@gmail.com

I. Franceska S.
joined Sep 15, 2014

True. Any monster yuri would be great, really.

+472439464 to all of this! Monster girl yuri is so few and far between. And Lamia is my second favorite monster girl, with Dragon girl at #1 and Minotaur at #3. I hope that some lady out there would write some Minotaur yuri. It'd be like gangster yuri, but with super strong monster girls. It's times like this that I wish my writing didn't suck.

joined Apr 25, 2013

Where did this "Tooru was pierced with a magic sword" thing come from? That wasn't in Chapter 2.
Tooru just didn't have a place to go and Kobayashi let her in.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Where did this "Tooru was pierced with a magic sword" thing come from? That wasn't in Chapter 2.

In one scene shows Tooru pierced with a sword and Kobayashi takes it out, but I don't remember the chapter... Just read it all again and pay attention.

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 8:23PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

In one scene shows Tooru pierced with a sword and Kobayashi takes it out, but I don't remember the chapter... Just read it all again and pay attention.

It might be mistake on the author part. Here there is no sword, but in flashback of the flashback there is.

Can't really blame wererat42 for not noticing. Blink and you miss it. I didn't notice there is a sword in that other picture either, until Kobayashi commentate that "she had a sword stuck in her back".

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 5:43AM

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Am I the only that felt a change in tone in chapter 7? It suddenly became kind of melancholic and introspective

Well, it is Cool Kyoushinja. His stores tend to develop, an usually in interesting ways too.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Personally, I'd prefer slice of life comedy story of Kobayashi and Tooru only, but If it going to become a harem, I don't really mind. Especially since dragon girl is one from three of my favorite monster girls (other 2 being centaur and lamia). And seriously, I gladly would read a yuri harem manga for a change. Points for it being a monster yuri harem manga.

Same. I think Kanna being attached to Kobayashi was kinda adorable. The whole "Kobayashi, where are you going". "I'm going with you"... So adorable

And then she go nom nom on the crepe. Just make me melt

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 8:13AM

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

It might be mistake on the author part. Here there is no sword, but in flashback of the flashback there is.

Can't really blame wererat42 for not noticing. Blink and you miss it. I didn't notice there is a sword in that other picture either, until Kobayashi commentate that "she had a sword stuck in her back".

Hum, but the first flashback was about a dream Kobayashi think she had when she was drunk, maybe the second flashback is the one that really happened and that's why it is different? And I almost didn't notice the sword too when I read it in my phone

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 8:52AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hum, but the first flashback was about a dream Kobayashi think she had when she was drunk, maybe the second flashback is the one that really happened and that's why it is different? And I almost didn't notice the sword too when I read it in my phone

She thought it was a dream, but it was actually reality. It's hard to argue if lack of sword is because Kobayashi didn't remember about it or author forgot/didn't think about sword yet. I'd go with Kobayashi being too drunk.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

She thought it was a dream, but it was actually reality. It's hard to argue if lack of sword is because Kobayashi didn't remember about it or author forgot/didn't think about sword yet. I'd go with Kobayashi being too drunk.

I think he decided to ad the sword later, if you compare the two flashbacks you noticed the second seens to have a more serious mood, since Tooru is pierced with that sword and don't look very good, while the first shows a drunk Kobayashi chatting with Tooru as if nothing is wrong, but of course in-universe the explanation would be that she either forgot about it or was not important for the first flashback...

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 5:19PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I think he decided to ad the sword later

Yea. I think so too. Kobayashi being drunk was a semi-joke how to explain it.

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Is Kanna some kind of Qilin? I'm not sure those are exactly dragons but heh, close enough either way.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Well, those are some really cute dragons. Also: Fafnir is hilarious, I hope we get to see more of him.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Is Kanna some kind of Qilin? I'm not sure those are exactly dragons but heh, close enough either way.

When I saw Kanna transform it reminded of one of the dragons from HoMM:WoG that was added with it, I don't remember the name though. Some kind of fairy dragon I think it was.

Cirno
joined Jun 25, 2015

For those wondering, Kanna is a Kamui. Kamui are deities from Ainu mythology(Ainu are the native people of Northern Japan, and are a different ethnic group from normal Japanese.) Kanna Kamui is a deity of thunder.

joined Mar 25, 2013

For those wondering, Kanna is a Kamui. Kamui are deities from Ainu mythology(Ainu are the native people of Northern Japan, and are a different ethnic group from normal Japanese.) Kanna Kamui is a deity of thunder.

That's interesting. Thanks for the clarification :]

I imagine Tooru is just a 'normal' dragon.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Well, those are some really cute dragons. Also: Fafnir is hilarious, I hope we get to see more of him.

not her?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

not her?

I just assumed that, like in norse mythology, Fafnir is a male dwarf that was transformed into a dragon (the references are the same, including to the sword Gram). Of course, in this manga's world, Fafnir may be female. My bad. Regardless, I want to see more of them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.