Forum › Notes From The Garden Of Lilies discussion

joined Mar 31, 2013

Are you DAFT

I still don't get it...maybe if you set it to the Shingeki no Kyojin OP.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

So that framing device of having her write the manga that you're reading? Clever ain't it!

last edited at Jun 27, 2013 11:28PM

joined May 31, 2013

I can't wait to see the extra's, if only to see if its really this game changing masterful romantic completion of the story everyone is implying it will be rather then just a bunch of unconnected extra bits filled with characters reflecting on events in the main story and going to the mall/hotel/beach like 99% of manga extras.in any case my interest for the series peaked about the time theyl addressed the elephant in the room about why exactly she was writing gay romance, was kinda hopeing at that point it would cover a bit of self discovery like one of my favorite manga's kimochi no katachi.

So that framing device of having her write the manga that you're reading? Clever ain't it!

Yuriception, a yuri within a yuri was actually what was running through my head at that part haha.

last edited at Jun 28, 2013 9:40AM

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Yuriception, a yuri within a yuri was actually what was running through my head at that part haha.

A yuri written in a yuri about a girl named Yuri.

joined May 31, 2013

A yuri written in a yuri about a girl named Yuri.

speaking of which to my knowledge Yuri is a Russian name, did they ever mention in the story which country Yuri's western parent was from?

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

The name "Yuri" can be found in many countries: Japanese, Russian, Korean, Chinese and according to Wikipedia, the Ukraine and Spanish-speaking countries?? Anyway, all I know is that in Japanese it means "lily" and it most often used for girls for being a feminine name, though I've seen it used for guys as well.

[~manga knowledge~]

And in the manga, Yuri said her mom is Japanese born and raised but her grandparents were foreigners? (If I'm recalling correctly.) Or one of them was foreign? The country was never mentioned though.

last edited at Jun 28, 2013 11:18AM

joined Jun 28, 2013

Fujiwara x Yuri fanart >> http://natacolv.tumblr.com/post/54111641572/

last edited at Jun 28, 2013 1:56PM

joined Apr 7, 2013

I personally was not ready for that one to be over, but I will say that like a few other people, I was pretty sure that the mangaka was going to write it all down after it was done. :P

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Fujiwara x Yuri fanart >> http://natacolv.tumblr.com/post/54111641572/

Nice!
Is this something I could ask for a translation for? Here or on Yuri Project?

joined Nov 11, 2010

Well, the vocab is pretty simple, so here's a rough attempt: http://pastebin.com/RWCfMty1

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Well, the vocab is pretty simple, so here's a rough attempt: http://pastebin.com/RWCfMty1

Thank you! ^^

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

oh my..haha..haha...HAHAHAHAHAHA---ok, sorry

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Has the last volume been published? I've been trying to find the raws for the aforementioned extras.

joined May 17, 2011

Yes, very! I'm not a fan of any author writhing themselves in the story, but in this case... oh! well... it was barely noticeable... until the end, that is. (taking a leap of faith here)

without no doubt, this is one of my favorite series... even if there was no kiss at the end (of the main story)... once in a while is also nice to read innocent and pure-hearted love... specially after that trauma w/ the sailor moon dj xD

last edited at Aug 27, 2013 1:25AM

joined Aug 5, 2012

it's done.
now i can die happy!

last edited at Aug 29, 2013 2:20PM

1456129_731054070241381_1231149520_n
joined Feb 12, 2013

Wow, the last two pages! These two are adults! Looks great!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What a lovely ending :) Realy enjoyed this manga.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

l\ahgofkjashbvlkjhradsbglakjjbavrsihvbaeljrbalnsannbgvfsjhragfksygWI4L!!!

THAT WAS TOO MUCH!! KYAA!! FANGIRLING TO THE MAX!! MY CUTENESS METER GOT BLOWN UP!!!

skadkfgbkjsahgi,aguhwslriguhwalieukghw

I FUCKING CAN'T CALM DOWN!! WELCOME BACK SHE SAID!! AND I'M BACK SHE SAID!!

GYAAA!!!

I WANT TO SCREAM!!! I WANT TO BROADCAST THEIR RELATiONSHIP TO THE WORLD!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Aaawwhm!

joined Mar 6, 2013

l\ahgofkjashbvlkjhradsbglakjjbavrsihvbaeljrbalnsannbgvfsjhragfksygWI4L!!!

THAT WAS TOO MUCH!! KYAA!! FANGIRLING TO THE MAX!! MY CUTENESS METER GOT BLOWN UP!!!

skadkfgbkjsahgi,aguhwslriguhwalieukghw

I FUCKING CAN'T CALM DOWN!! WELCOME BACK SHE SAID!! AND I'M BACK SHE SAID!!

GYAAA!!!

I WANT TO SCREAM!!! I WANT TO BROADCAST THEIR RELATiONSHIP TO THE WORLD!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaannnnd....Sleep!

Also, awesome.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

If ever Suga Atsushi is given another opportunity to write a yuri series, I will be able to die happy.

Best afterword. Possibly ever.

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Those last few pages...that made everything worth the wait.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

If ever Suga Atsushi is given another opportunity to write a yuri series, I will be able to die happy.

Best afterword. Possibly ever.

You shouldn't die yet! How will you be able to see the updates? And the precious fluffy creations?

joined Apr 3, 2013

THIS IS LIKE THE NICEST SURPRISE EVER!!! I totally was not expecting this second volume to ever get released.
So like, if this is ever printed, in English, like Girlfriends, I'm totally buying it.

I loved this series. My OTP. Also, freaking loved how it stepped firmly out of the friendship section. And totally thought the last page (SPOILER A;LSDKFJA;LSKDJF) was their moms... and so cute.
WHY NO KISS? But it's okay, the MI MI MI MI part made me ;alksdalksdaflksjdfspazz so much at the end.

Can this please come out in a printed English form please where I can pay and give some royalties to the author T__T <3 Loved this series. Thank you for the scanlators and the people who posted and hosting and...
This was one of the first series I loved... and I think it might be one of my last too .__. :) I'm glad I had my shoujo-ai adventure with this series.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I WANT THIS PHYSICALLY IN MY FUCKING HANDS ;O; can we have this please geez

To reply you must either login or sign up.